2019 Attendance Thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by TrueCrew, Jan 12, 2019.

?

Next area to join Nordecke in selling out?

Poll closed Mar 1, 2019.
  1. South End (1,486 at $391)

5.7%
  2. North Corner (1,434 at $459)

11.4%
  3. Premier East (1,188 at $799)

5.7%
  4. Center Circle (1,256 at $943.50)

28.6%
  5. Lower Sideline (5,647 at $552.50)

14.3%
  6. Upper Midfield (2,246 at $459)

5.7%
  7. Upper Sideline (4,288 at $391)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. No other section waitlisted/sold out

28.6%
  1. KHT_Crew

KHT_Crew Member+

Mar 29, 2003
    Queen City, OH
    Finally made good on my commitment: 2x 10-game package.

TKyle and JB-CBUS221 repped this.
  2. DAK77

DAK77 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Merion Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you don't mind me asking, what did the 10 pack run you? I don't see anything on the Crew's website about it.

3. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in 226, and a 10 game pack there is $300.

DAK77 and JB-CBUS221 repped this.
  4. KHT_Crew

KHT_Crew Member+

Mar 29, 2003
    Queen City, OH
    I am going Lower Sideline, they are $355 each for the 10-game package there.

You can also do a Mini Package (from 4 to 9 games) at $38.50 per game in those Lower Sideline sections.

DAK77 and JB-CBUS221 repped this.
  5. JB-CBUS221

JB-CBUS221 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Jul 19, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey question, has anyone gotten a multi-game pass in Nordecke?

I am hearing reports that they are not selling them...and won't at all because the season tickets have sold to the point where they tickets they have remaining are either going to MORE STM or try to preserve some single match tickets.

If that is true that would be sort of amazing in its own right if you think about it as I am sure that has not happened for a while.

6. JB-CBUS221

JB-CBUS221 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Jul 19, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have heard rumors we are going to start marketing multi-game passes next week. I did a count Friday night in the event that is true but well see.

7. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given that we're 5 weeks from Crewsmas....

ohiotiger and JB-CBUS221 repped this.
  8. BigStern

BigStern Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Oct 2, 2018
    Columbus by way of Lima
    Not to say this won't change with the new regime but multi-game passes were not available in years passed for the Nordecke. Between the general demand and the supporters group selling individual tickets, Nordecke tickets were always STMs or the Front Office choosing to sell the remainders at full price as individual tickets.

I started with multi-game packages in 202 because I couldn't afford Nordecke season tickets. Then I ended up spending more on extra tickets so I just decided to go full in on Nordecke and sell the games I can't make.

TrueCrew and JB-CBUS221 repped this.
  9. JB-CBUS221

JB-CBUS221 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Jul 19, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's good to know, thanks for the heads up. I had seen some people on Reddit say that they had bought them a couple years ago so I didn't know if/when the change occurred. I also know that when I moved to Columbus I got a multigame pass the first year because we were half way through the season but that was five or six years ago at that point.

Sounds like they discontinued it at some point and people didn't realize. Thanks for the heads up man!

10. JB-CBUS221

JB-CBUS221 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Jul 19, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I am going to do another count tonight and will post the results tomorrow. They definitely either processed several orders or pulled back some tickets. There are several sections now which are sold out that were not Friday. That said I don't know which it is.

Section 126, 128, and 129 are now sold out for STM. My gut reaction is that they pulled some tickets back...however, as of Friday none of those sections had more than 12 tickets STM available and none being held back. So its entirely possible they pulled them for single or multi-game tickets. It is also equally possible that some people who had been on the fence renewed or that some corporate partners bought the last tickets.

Nordecke is entirely sold out from STM. One would assume they pulled back seats for single tickets...but again, no section in Nordecke as of Friday had more than 9 tickets available. So could they have sold the 32 tickets in Nordecke between Friday and now...yep. Could they have pulled those tickets back for offer single-game tickets...yep. I guess we'll see

11. KHT_Crew

KHT_Crew Member+

Mar 29, 2003
    Queen City, OH
    Ticket Rep told me on Friday that they will start seating the partial season ticket folks on Monday morning. So we will start seeing what things really look like later in the week?

JB-CBUS221 repped this.
  12. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Yeah, I haven't been contacted yet to see which games I want for my 4 pack. They know the FCC match is one of them but I haven't decided on the others. Especially with people who buy 10 packs, they're going to have a mishmash of inventory once the partial plans are fulfilled.

JB-CBUS221 repped this.
  13. JB-CBUS221

JB-CBUS221 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Jul 19, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #113 JB-CBUS221, Jan 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    I did a count late last night in anticipation of the multi-game passes going on sale. I should say right up front it's clear they pulled back a lot of tickets to ensure those were fulfilled. By my count, the number of ticketed being held back increased from 8,377 to 9,134.

That having been said I am hopeful here. The reason is that for several hours in the middle of the day Saturday the Crew ticket page on Ticketmaster went down. I emailed my rep to ask about it (I'm nosey) and was told by my rep that they were processing a bunch of orders and updating inventory in anticipation of some stuff coming up soon. I don't know what exactly that entails but when it came back up I did a count late Sunday and we are at the number I have below.

The current estimate I have is that we have sold 9,837 full season tickets.

I tried to be as conservative as I could in the count here. For example, if they had been selling tickets in rows 1-19 and withholding tickets in rows 20-25 and now the first set of tickets available is in row 13 I do not assume they sold any tickets in rows 14-19. Instead, I add those seats to the "withheld" count from rows 20-25 and only count the seats available and sold from rows 13 down to 1. This is an imperfect system but it is probably the most conservative estimate I can do without actually mapping seats.

Even if my number is off by over 200 seats we are still over 9,500 full season tickets. I could be off by a full 5% and we would still be over 9,250 full season tickets. Which puts us at or above anything done in the PSV era, without multigame passes. Which would be amazing.

IF it is accurate and multi-game passes sell well, and we continue to sell season passes at a decent pace we will likely break 10k full season passes and potentially 11k with multigame passes.

Currently sold out vs. available sections. The section in Nordecke has 1 ticket.
    upload_2019-1-28_9-41-51.png

14. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for your work on this.

What's up with 209 and 210? Those are visitors sections, right? They seem like odd sections to be showing up as sold out.

JB-CBUS221 and hungariansteven repped this.
  15. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those are probably held back until the away team uses their allocation, then released to Crew fans.

JB-CBUS221 repped this.
  16. JB-CBUS221

JB-CBUS221 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Jul 19, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are right, they are visitors sections. However, since they have never been available for sale I have always counted the entire section as being held back. So we get zero sales from them but I count them into the ticket total in the witheld numbers.

Minnman repped this.
  17. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got a call from my ticket rep today, and booked a seat for the extra 10 game package I bought in 226. I'd say it's a good sign re: demand that, when I first put down a deposit for the ticket, there were quite a few seats in row 9, adjacent to the block of full season passes our group has in rows 8 and 9, but today, the closest I could get was row 11.

JB-CBUS221 and jack sticker repped this.
  18. JB-CBUS221

JB-CBUS221 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Jul 19, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is good to know. My estimate for 226 on Sunday night had 196 full season tickets sold. If they are sold out (or nearly there) from rows 1 to 10/11 that would be a pretty close approximation.

Plus I just love to hear we are selling strongly.

19. runningoz

runningoz Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I'm guessing the maps are gone until single season tickets are released? I can't seem to pull it up anymore.

20. JB-CBUS221

JB-CBUS221 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Jul 19, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what it looks like, unfortunately.

21. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Take a break and pour yourself a bourbon. You deserve it.

TheUltra, Minnman and JB-CBUS221 repped this.
  22. KHT_Crew

KHT_Crew Member+

Mar 29, 2003
    Queen City, OH
    It sounded like Monday was a very busy day for the Box Office as they were processing all of the 10-game and mini packages that had deposits already as well as fielding the new requests coming in.

JB-CBUS221 and hungariansteven repped this.
  23. JB-CBUS221

JB-CBUS221 Member+

Columbus Crew SC
    United States
    Jul 19, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really hope we get some insight at the Supporters Summit as to how many tickets got sold. Can you imagine the excitement in the room (and everywhere) if they announce we broke a record already?

TheUltra repped this.
  24. runningoz

runningoz Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    aaaannnnnnnddddddd it's back.

JB-CBUS221 repped this.
  25. jack sticker

jack sticker Red Card

Rangers
    United States
    Jun 5, 2018
    I am legitimately happy about this. That is so nerdy I feel like I should go stick my own head in a toilet.