2019 Africa Cup Of Nations

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by HomietheClown, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Redbullsnation2012

May 26, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Very surprised to see that BeIN is not opting to use Spanish announcers. They do have the right to those so it doesn't make much sense there.

2. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    I'm not so sure they do own the Spanish-language rights. I asked beIN directly but did not receive an answer. Based on the fact that not a single minute of AFCON2019 is scheduled on beIN-ñ, I would venture to guess that somehow, those rights do not belong to them.

Now, I'm not sure how the rights were sold - if there was a separation of English & Spanish rights - but it's interesting to see that beIN-8 (Connect streaming channel) is broadcasting every match in Arabic as well as French (on the 2nd audio channel). This is a feed of beIN-MENA taken directly from Doha - including a 30-minute pregame and 30-minute post game wrapup. On final group stage days when there are 2 matches kicking off simultaneously, they will use beIN-7 for the Arabic/French feed.

Here is the schedule as released by beIN so far: http://soccertvblog.com/anc-tv/

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

HomietheClown repped this.
  3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    That is very cool.
    I would love to listen to the Arabic and French audio feeds.

4. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It must also be noted that the Arabic/French Language feeds are not available on SlingTV. Only on the Connect app.
    Not sure about Fubo. @socceraction?

6. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    I'm just happy that so far (I'm on today's 2nd match, the 3rd overall) BeIN's used the world feed announcers on the ACN rather than foisting their "talent" on us.

7. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    The world feed announcers continue, so kudos BeIN on that.

However, one thing I've noticed is that there seems to be frame rate issue on many of these games, there's a bit of herky-jerkiness to the picture. I noticed this on both cable and Sling, so it's not a platform-specific thing. I wonder if it's a BeIN issue or the world feed itself.

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I did not notice that but funny enough I did notice some weird herky-jerkiness and frame rate issues during the Copa America on Telemundo too.

Probably not related in any way but very odd.

9. Marius Tresor

Marius Tresor Member+

Aug 1, 2014
    Well, they fixed the frame rate issues after the first few games, at least on Dish. And they had second audio in Spanish starting with the quarterfinals, but the games were only on their English language channel.

HomietheClown repped this.