2019 AFC Asian Cup

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Suren01, Mar 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Can anyone confirm if yellow cards get cleared after R16, or is it after the QF? o_O

2. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    why inquire? iraq will be knocked out this round regardless.:)

sokorny repped this.
  3. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did not have time to come here due to my busy work schedule. However there were three comments in 2019 Asian Cup - Knockout Rounds [R] thread that I feel that I should answer.

First comment by Teba: They deserved at least 2 or 3 reds but Iranians are complaining about the ref.

Answer: As I said before, our players stopped playing before Japan's first goal because they thought the referee gave a foul to Japan. If they did not stop, Japan did not score that first goal which changed the whole game. They were angry from Japan's player because they did not expect he continues playing when they stopped playing.

Second comment by mehdi11: 47 years

Answer: You are right but why do you keep bringing up the Asian Cup trophy? Why do you guys always want to mention AC 2007? Are you always bring that up because Iraq football has no history other than AC 2007? Korea did not win the AC in last 60 years. Saudi Arabia did not win the Asian Cup in last 23 years. Currently I am not living in Iran. I can tell you that none of world football fans except Asian national teams football fans give crap about Asian Cup unlike World Cup.

Third comment by Mehdi11: Congratulations for being knocked out of the group stage in every world cup when teams like Japan, South Korea, Australia, Saudi Arabia and even North Korea have all made the knockout stages.

Whilst both Iraq and Iran have done nothing at world cups, at least Iraq conquered Asia in our lifetime, something Iran just cannot do.

Answer: We qualified to the World Cup 5 times and that is why we are among big 5 football nations in Asia (Japan, Korea, KSA, Iran, and Australia). When was the last time Iraq qualified to the WC? 36 years ago?

We got 4 points at the WC 2018 (Beat Morocco and tied with Portugal) and were 18th best team in terms of result in last WC. Australia in 2006, Korea in 2010, and Japan in 2018 got exactly the same results that we got in WC 2018. They qualified because of other results. We got at least tiny respect in the world from WC 2018 and now it is funny that you are trying to pretend Iran and Iraq have the same WC history!!! You should thank Infantino for expanding the WC to 48 teams otherwise you never had any chance to see Iraq in the World Cup.

4. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    soccerboy37:

You are a really sore loser. My best friend is Iranian and he said that Iran chokes when it matters the most, and today he did not go to blame the ref or say that this game was rigged. He said the players had a lapse of concentration on that first goal and after they were down 1-0, they did not know how to bounce back. All this "conspiracy" and "rigged" talk you speak of shows your true colors and being a sore loser. My country, South Korea did not perform well at all this tournament and I can complain saying Qatar wasted a ton of time rolling around on the grass after they scored, but I won't. Man, Iran had a good tourney and were excellent except this match. And even in this match, I thought they were better in the 1st half. Just admit to your defeats and hope for a stronger comeback next time. Don't act like the match was fixed or that it was the ref's fault. A ref does not cause a 3-0 defeat.

Answer: Found no better place to write my comment. It is nice you have Iranian friends. I have currently two South Korean colleagues. There are only 6 Engineers in the Engineering department of the company. Unlike I and the three Non-Korean Engineers that we got our degree around three years ago, my two Korean colleagues are very experienced Engineers. My two Korean colleagues are really knowledgeable and great.

5. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Wow. The two teams invited to the Copa America 2019 made the final.

Who knew.

6. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
  7. vancity eagle

vancity eagle Member+

Apr 6, 2006
    Both will also be at the Confederations Cup I presume.

8. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Certainly, _if_ there's a Confederations Cup at all.

9. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Probably depends on where its held (if it happens at all).

10. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not in Qatar they won't.... the cheapest bottle of bubbly here is almost $50

:cry:

11. Fureeku

Fureeku Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Maldives
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Maldives
  12. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    i dont think qatar did it out of the goodness of their heart. i think it is some kind of agreement due to the recent political friendliness between the two countries. but regardless goes to show you the extent of how messed up the organizational side of football is inside Iran.

13. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Didn't realise things were that bad financially wise in Iranian Football. Reminds me of the days when we were in OFC and if a player wanted to come back from Europe to play in the OFC Cup they had to pay their own fares (only one did that time).

14. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    lots of money in the country.. but it is not going towards football. and the amount that is further gets squeezed by some "bad apples."

15. Hashim afc

Hashim afc Member

Jun 16, 2006
    You should still be in OFC