[2019 AFC Asian Cup: Round of 16] Korea vs Bahrain 2019/01/22 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Jan 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PacMan over again

South Korea
    Mar 4, 2018
    I missed the game, what was SHM doing? Did he have any shots on target?

2. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    No, because Korea had a total of 2 shots on goal and 2 goals. Son was not a scorer today.

3. PacMan over again

South Korea
    Mar 4, 2018
    How come? SHM could not get the service? BH defence too good?

4. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Packing the opponent's box is an oft-forgotten method that should be used when creativity is lacking. It's basically tilting the odds in your favor. With many red shirts in the area, luck will make it so that at least some rebounds turn into a chance.

Bento has this covered, unlike some other managers I know.

5. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Bento played him down the middle of the park so it was easy for 3 even 4 Bahraini to converge on him. he never had space, but when he did, his touch was often heavy today so he didn't create the usual space he does for himself.

still, he had class moments like our first goal. he teed up LY for a can't miss cross into the box that led to our first goal. and if his teammates could have seen runs he wanted to make, might have gotten behind their D from a pass over the top. but they never saw him, or were too late.

if he was played on the wing, he could have run at them and with their players drawn to his every move, it would have opened up the centre of the pitch for us.

6. jk1802

jk1802 Member

Jan 22, 2010
    NYC
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    disappointed that we didn't win easily against bahrain, but a win is a win. the goal they scored against us could've happened to any team. the guy looked like he went to shoot, hit his team mate, who shot it which got blocked and finally scored.

our fullbacks suck ass tho.

Angel Bear repped this.
  7. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    My few words on Son: It hasn't completely to do with Bento playing him centrally. Every time he got the ball (no matter if he played centrally or out wide) he tried to do his stupid dribblings and lost the ball. Son was unmotivated, almost as if his mind was with Tottenham. Imo, a player of his class and as a captain, he needs to play more focused and with responsibility, using his strengths, not trying to do everything. This has been a problem since months now. I love him at Spurs but in the NT he is so frustrating to watch. He could do sooo much better, that's why I'm always angry with him. Tbf, he might just be too exhausted. I hope this changes in the next game. I expect goals from him.

jessypjs and nmssis repped this.
  8. CanadianGook

CanadianGook Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Agree ... Now contrast that with a player like PJS. I found that he excelled for the KNT. Scored goals, created, led, did it all. Probably also down to having a much better footballing brain. Son might be more physically and technically gifted, but Park definitely had the mental strength, brains and passion to lead the KNT.

jessypjs and aeh1991 repped this.
  9. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LY MOTM

great example of a player having a shit game but making random key plays.

yes bento is the best this shit FA can get, but the emphasis on attacking through LY was so ineffective and predictable.

the attack isn't much different from how the team looked during the last asian cup with stielke.

jessypjs and zdrstvte repped this.
  10. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I think this point was raised a few times before, but this is just about the fact that Son is not a playmaker. At Tottenham he excels, and Poch knows exactly how to get the best out of him. He needs other forwards to disrupt the defence to give him some clear space to work in. He does not have a neat play in crowded areas or a neat footwork. Simply put, he's an excellent sidekick, but is not suited to be that player who would dictate the play. If anything, he needs less responsibility and be more of a opportunistic player like he is for Tottenham if we want to get the most out of him.

He would have been exhausted against China, but played much better because the Chinese came with a dumb game plan to try to match us in a free-flowing game.

toohyper and Goal!! repped this.
  11. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Not to mention he was getting his ass torn by the opposition wingers.

12. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    I think KSG's problem is at hardware level. His neurological response time is not fast enough and he cannot punch out hard enough for the fear he may miss it altogether. Lucky bounces for attackers happen once in a while but it happens with KSG in almost every game Korea are scored on.

13. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Best way to defend us is leave LY and HC wide open and let them cross at will into the box packed with 8 defenders. Bento really needs to hit our next opponents with a new tactic.

14. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Our gameplan is okay. It's just that our players are committing alot of mistakes. Plus those terrible crosses.

15. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Suk Hyun Jun or Kim Dong Sub

nmssis repped this.
  16. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Question: what role does a competent no. 10 play in Bento's tactics?

17. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    FC Seoul players are always underrated by the KFA authorities. It is because there is a conspiracy against the fact that FC Seoul is the greatest club (and one of the most down-to-earth) in Korea. All this bullshit about FC Seoul being an evil club (due to the Anyang fake grievance) is so tragic.

Here are several other FC Seoul players who have been snubbed by the KFA despite their immense talents: Shin Jin Ho, Yang Han Been, Ko Kwang Min, Kim Nam Chun, Lee Seok Hyun, Hwang Ki Wook, Song Jin Hyung, Yoon Ju Tae and Choi Hyo Jin (back when he used to be in FC Seoul).

The likes of Kim Chi Woo and Ha Dae Sung weren't given fair shot and some were called up only after they left FCS (e.g. Koh Myung Jin)

18. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    if we beat qatar we will win the AC.

19. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    What do you guys think about using Kim Moon Hwan as a RM? It's what Joechim Lowe did with Joshua Kimmich in Euro 2016.

20. the rainmaker

the rainmaker Member

DCFC
    Feb 18, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Can you elaborate?

21. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #697 gunitinug, Jan 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    we have time for bento to fix stuff tactically until we meet iran in the final<3
    every match we'll get more mature tactically until we be in the final.

10August2012 repped this.
  22. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Bento’s pissed about grassrolling done by Bahrain. Lol welcome to asia.

23. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I like your positive attitude.
    @ChaDuRi671

-Korean football authorities coerce/pressure FC Seoul's predecessor club to move out of Seoul (due to some "balancing out teams" policy).
    -So FCS predecessor club moves to Anyang.
    -When given the rights to do so, this club moves back to its original home of Seoul
    -Now some football fans who have grown attached to this club's time at Anyang (understandably so) is upset.
    -So now FC Seoul is considered a treacherous club and its supporters are vilified.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

24. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This is the type of positivity we need in BSK