2019 AFC Asian Cup - Group D

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Suren01, May 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Your revenge is Qatar ?
    And we beat them you’ll admit being a big failure ?

2. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
  3. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #103 +PL+, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    Those stats are not match with AFC stats. Iran had 15 shot vs 8 Iraqi etc. Check them here. http://www.the-afc.com/asiancup/matches/2018/983222

All things aside, you are a veteran Iraqi fan and with more knowledge. Don't get stuck in sensational hubris of both side arguements.

4. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    There was no revenge. I don't know why Iraqi media love to make it that way. Iran and Iraq are not rivals. If Iran wanted to revenge why did our manager rested our offensive players and tested some of our bench players. We had at least 5 changes in our line up and a wierd combo with Cheshmi and Ebrahimi in middle. Ebrahimi is our back up DM and Cheshmi is not even a regular player in his team Esteghlal Tehran where Humam Tareq plays.

5. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Still we have more shoots on target than you. You have only one which meaning 99% of your shoots were wide. Again I came here after 2 years absence and I was expecting good spirit from your side considering the good relationship and the solidarity between the 2 countries in the last couple of years. But I guess Iranian fans still hold a grudge agents us. Revenge ? that says it all.

6. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The first order of priority for Iran against Iraq was not to lose and to make sure we rests some of our players. Many of our fans may have wanted more but that was approach from our coach. For Iraq, on the other hand, the fact that they did not lose against Iran and played a tough match against us was a morale boost and something that keeps them hopeful for the next round. Personally, I like to see both do well but regardless, I think it is past time for fans of both sides to focus on their elimination round games.

+PL+ repped this.
  7. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I heard that thousands of times in the past decade and im wondering when the hell you gonna play us with your “starters” ? Different generations same excuse.

8. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    When did you hear that? In past 5 years we only used our top players once against you and it was in 2015 KO stage. If you see Anything different let me know.

9. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    We beat you in a friendly game in 2017 in Tehran.

10. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Just check the list of players who were involved in that match. All of our legionnaires were missing and CQ was testing some new players from our local league. It was a boot camp for them. The ref was Iranian and gave a PK to Iraq.

I don't know what Iraqi media like to write about or praise this coach or that coach by giving wrong info but it must be for local consumption but reality is different. We also have sensational media inside Iran, but when it comes to international competition, we turned them off.

11. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Whatever
    Like I never heard that before
    It doesn’t matter any way
    I just have 2 things to say
    One
    Respect is earned not given. If you wish us to respect you then stop underestimating us and stop being prejudiced with your comments.
    Two
    I wont waste my time anymore on futile discussions. So hear me out if we meet again and we shall, play your freaking starting 11.

Cheers

12. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Totally agree with bolded part. And I am sure if we meet again in this competition, it will be our best 11 in line up since it means the title or going home.

Mussab86 repped this.
  13. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]