2019 AFC Asian Cup - Group D

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Suren01, May 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dejagah93

Dejagah93 Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The most important thing was to win the group because we really needed to avoid Saudis and their bribed refs. Now if Saudis beat Qatar tomorrow then it's game over for Iraq. I can't really see Iraq beating a 12 men Saudi Arabia.

2. Light Wing

Light Wing New Member

May 31, 2008
    Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 6.47.07 PM.png

3. Asimovfan

Asimovfan Member

Esteghlal
    Iran
    Jun 15, 2018
    Both sides here need to go drink some tea, smoke a shisha/ghelyoon and calm the f down lol.
    To say we didn't want a win here is pure lunacy. Iranians wanted revenge, but let's be honest... we didn't need to win it. Iraq did. That plays in the minds of the players and staff. If you need a tie to finish as the top team and you are known for your solid defensive structure (which we are), you're going to defend. I personally wanted a win, but at the end of the day the result matters more and we got it.

As far as Ghoddos is concerned, he should have had a red, end of story. Anybody that says otherwise doesn't know a thing about football. That was a dick move. In the first match we had another red card that went unpunished (hosseini). Let's take the shit calls with the favorable ones and call it a day.

I have to see the handballs again, but at least one of them wasn't a handball. Just because the ball hits your hand it doesn't mean it's a handball. The arm has to be in an unnatural position to show intent. If the ball comes to the player at speed and the arm is in a natural position, then it is unlikely that the player could have done anything about it. It's not a handball. But I have to go watch them again.

Iran hasn't lost an Asian Cup group match since 1996. That record stands. We go up without conceding a goal. Bravo.

Can someone please tell me who's next?

Mussab86 and el-capitano repped this.
  4. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    i dont know why VAR was not used for clear iraqi hand ball. you were lucky not to concede a penalty.

you literally had one chance against the run of play which forced beiranvand into a nice save. we controlled the game. but we did not create good chances because your team was focused on grabbing a point and we were not gonna fatigue ourselves when a draw would make no difference from a win. but that speaks volumes.. the fact that you went for a draw against us in a must win game. you should have just went for the win because that way you would have at least had the chance to get an easy bracket and reach a high stage, but now you will be knocked out in the first knock out round, as a direct result of your attitude towards todays game. i actually found it pathetic that your team was happy and celebrating after the game. this is cowardly and defeatist mentality.

your team came for a draw. we came for a win but we were not gonna kill ourselves and fatigue ourselves to get it when a draw would serve the purpose. so i give you credit for holding us to a draw which can be considered an achievement itself. but we did get our revenge because as i said, we sent you to the saudis to get knocked out. now i actually hope you beat the saudis because i dislike saudi more than iraq, but you know there is a very small chance of that happening. so for all practical purposes we got revenge: we essentially sent you home. i hope you enjoyed your short stint. at least you got to play against teams like Iran who were neck and neck against the likes of spain and portugal.

+PL+ repped this.
  5. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #80 +PL+, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    That's one news paper article wrote by a single media man. What we saw on the line up and CQ's pre and post match interviews suggest a different fact. Having Rouzbeh Cheshmi in midfield and Jahanbakhsh (who just came back from a long injury and out of form), resting Pouraliganji (our main CB), resting Dejagah, Taremi, Torabi up until last 20 min, and resting our main RB Rezaian suggested CQ wanted to control the match with second string players and test them. He wanted a narrow win or at least a draw. Our team was not functioning well so he had to bring Dejagah, Taremi, and Torabi in last 20-25 min to keep it under his control and it worked.

If he was looking for a serious challenges he would field this line up from the beginning.

Beiranvand
    Rezaian-PAG-Hosseini-Mohamadi
    Dejagah-Ebrahimi-Hajisafi-Torabi/Saman
    Taremi-Azmoun

If we had Ezatollahi on squad Ebrahimi would be on the bench too. Our team has regressed a bit after WC because of numerous injured players who left behind and some others who barely made it to AFC Asian Cup 2019. This is the story of Japan and Australia as well.

6. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    IMG_6603.jpg

Good match for Iraq
    Defense wise we are improving

7. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    And we didnt came for a draw we came for a win btw. All Iraqi media and our coach press conference proves that. We wanted to avoid Qatar/Saudi Arabia because of their fast pacing style of play. But after this performance we aint afraid of no one.

8. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    thats just not true. as soon as the 3 whistles went, your players dropped on their knees and pointed to the sky with their fingers, which means they are happy with the draw. you did not play to win, you played to not concede. now, this would have made sense at least for the 1st half considered your opponents were superior, but you really should have came out in the 2nd half: you had nothing to lose! you needed a win regardless to avoid saudi. a loss would not have changed anything, you were already qualified. really bizarre why you went for the draw till the end. just shows how much your team was scared of us.

9. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    #84 Mussab86, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    We played to win. Our players do that in every game even against Yemen, Iran is no different. What is important is what our Coach said in the press conference before the match and what our media were saying. We entered for the win nothing else. For example Iraqi journalist Ali Nuri in Almajless (Alkass channel) said we’ll play Iran and consider it just like Vietnam or Yemen.
    Now that is being said, it would be foolish and waste of time to argue with you based on speculations. What our players did after the match or what they didnt, its all nonesense.

10. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Despite losing the group to mighty Iran, your players were laughing and thanking God for getting a draw against Asia’s best, because unlike some delusional Iraqi fans here, the Iraqi players actually know their place in Asian football heriarchy, as a second-tier team...

1241402F-2A51-48B2-9284-9877D385883B.jpeg 8FC66261-9B3B-408F-9273-D65BF50AF48E.jpeg

11. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Im not sure who is the delusional here. I see, I went absent for 2 years and came back and the Iranian members area still speak nonsense. Keep your good work up I see that it makes you sleep at night.

12. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I’m speaking FACTS, it’s the Iraqi fans here who are speaking nonsense. Facts are facts, Iran is Asia’s #1 team according to every ranking or pundit out there, Iraq is not even a top 10 team in Asia. Know your place!

13. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    wtf qatar is winning against saudi. literally all the other teams results were against Iran today. if saudi beat japan we will be reffed out of the tournament in the semis on arab soil.

14. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I dont give a f*k what Iran is ranked.

15. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Because you’re detached from reality and have an inflated view of Iraq’s place in Asian football. Another fact is that you lost the group to Iran as was expected by everyone. So move on now.

16. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    [​IMG]

fact is we got our revenge. you will get knocked out against qatar as a result of us. you were already advanced prior to our match so we couldn't knock you out with a victory, otherwise we would have. we got our revenge for 2015. younis mahmoud is weeping in a wheelchair right now, no more cane celebrations from him.

17. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    On a side note your players seem happy as well.
    IMG_6621.jpg
    IMG_6620.jpg

18. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Nope i just dont give a f*k about Iran and your rank. Oh besides didnt you guys say FIFA ranking is bullsh*t couple of years ago? Hypocrites.

19. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    why wouldn't they be? our objective was to not lose to iraq and we achieved it. a win or draw would not have made a difference for us. we were not gonna fatigue ourselves to try to score at all costs for no reason. we had to play a little conservatively to not concede either, considering that we needed at least a draw. if this was a must win match for us we would have went all out and scored on you and defeated you. but that was not the case. bottom line is we effectively condemned you to an early exit (although for you it is not early, it is routine) while putting ourselves in the best possible position for the next rounds.

20. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I dont care. I just stating facts.

21. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    no you are salty because we caused you to effectively get knocked out. we got our revenge from 2015 and you cannot handle it. why dont you just admit it and put yourself at ease.

22. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Not a bit. I came here and expected a good spirit from your side but all I’ve seen is you crying about a draw.
    Revenge ? With a zero shoot on target. Well done.
    I hope you are satisfied.
    Now you can main your own business and we can main ours.

Yas-The-Gunner repped this.
  23. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    If we wanted to humiliate Iraq, we would have fielded our best eleven and go for it. But we didn’t, why? Because at the end of the day, wasting our energy on Iraq would have been stupid, Iraq was just not a priority for us, we are here to win the Asian Cup and what mattered the most was winning the group. So we rested our main offensive players, and still achieved our goal with minimum effort. Mission accomplished.

24. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    who is the delusional here again ? I thought you wanted revenge. When you decide what you wanted and make up your mind please have a rational discussion.

25. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    you are repeating the same thing over and over while calling others irrational? we did get our revenge. you will get knocked out by qatar.