[2019 AFC Asian Cup: Group C] Korea vs Philippines 2019/01/07 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Jan 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    HIB most likely.

seolseol repped this.
  2. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    pre injury KCH would have lit it up today

Kanuck and aeh1991 repped this.
  3. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ki's hamstring injury isn't serious, although there's a possibility that he could miss out on the final two group stage matches vs Kyrgyzstan and China.

chook90, seolseol and Kanuck repped this.
  4. Gaemamusa

Gaemamusa Red Card

Jan 7, 2019
    Thank you. Although, I would love to see Ki+HIB duo badly. :ninja:

5. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ▶우선 한국의 승리를 축하한다. 한국의 플레이는 좋았다. 불평할 생각은 없다. 하지만 우리의 플레이가 자랑스럽다. 우리는 좋은 기회를 만들었지만, 운이 따르지 않았다. 우리는 여기에 있는 팬들과 필리핀에 있는 국민들에게 좋은 모습을 보여줬다고 생각한다. 한국을 상대로 이정도 찬스를 만들 것이라 기대하지 못했다. 다음 중국과의 경기에서도 좋은 모습을 보이겠다.

Eriksson is surprised with the way his team played tonight, he never thought they'd play this well vs a strong team like Korea. Well done, now dump China please.

You prepared your team well, and in the end the tactics and training paid off despite conceding a goal.

xyz1000, chook90, seolseol and 1 other person repped this.
  6. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    His injury isn't cleared yet until the results are out, but I wish it was Charlie Brown who went down instead of Ki.

7. 12th Warrior

12th Warrior Member+

May 27, 2006
    Wait, who is Charlie Brown on the team?

8. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Jung Woo-young.

12th Warrior repped this.
  9. LDG20

LDG20 Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Jul 2, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    A whole of lol here

10. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    hehehe, 8:30am MON morning East Coast, a horrible time for a lot of us. i saw the result and was cautious opening this thread. like that yogurt that's several months past due sitting in the back of the fridge, i was prying the lid off slowly. :D

never a shortage of entertainment here during major tourneys. kudos to all you guys who were live game posting.

A W is a W is a W. 3 pts and let's move on. good thing is, we have a lot of options on the bench as long as Bento sees it and is willing to rotate.

HHC has got to be the absolute most frustrating player to wear our shirt in quite some time. thank god he is so athletic.

jk1802, chook90, soul24rage and 4 others repped this.
  11. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    In my opinion, philippines is the strongest opposition for us in this group stage.

Pelefan and seolseol repped this.
  12. soccerboy37

soccerboy37 Member+

Jan 17, 2009
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    China?

13. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well I watched their game agaisnt KGZ, they were really lucky. Not much of a threat compare to Philippines.

Pelefan and seolseol repped this.
  14. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I doubt China are going to park the bus against us, and they tend to play "stuck-in" type of defense. This could definitely be advantageous for us.

15. Gaemamusa

Gaemamusa Red Card

Jan 7, 2019
    the only factual post from you

16. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    W is a W...I agree, but in what manner? I have no doubt they will have cleared any kinks by the next match n Bento will make sure of that but it was frustrating to watch. the unforced errors were at the level so below them it was embarrassing.

as for HHC, he needs to be a bench option from now on and if he is a starter, make him take a mild sedative so he won't get so uppity....i'd put LSW ahead of HHC at this point.

PS: equally frustrating is HEJ's inability or lack of will to use his left foot.

jk1802 and taelee1127 repped this.
  17. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    #217 Pelefan, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    Actually the short lived first Philippine Republic were conquered by the Americans in 1898(although it took them more than a decade and tens of thousands of American casualties as well as hundreds of thousands of Filipino soldiers and civilians who died after that before declaring an end to their pacification campaign against remnants of the Philippine Republic), not WWII. We actually gained our independence from the Americans after WWII, at the worst possible time, with the centuries old capital Manila completely destroyed during the war.

Anyways congrats to the S Koreans on their victory. Our team tried to gain a point from the match, but losing 0-1 to your much higher ranked team is a respectable result.

Seol Korea, Kanuck, chook90 and 4 others repped this.
  18. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Granted, we made some stupid and inaccurate passes in the final third, but your team played really well. Have to give your manager and the players respect for sticking with a good game plan.

xyz1000 and Pelefan repped this.
  19. victoriabrono

victoriabrono Red Card

Nov 30, 2018
    Good luck to your team pare

Pelefan repped this.
  20. Pelefan

Pelefan Member+

Mar 17, 1999
    Chicago
    Thanks guys. Unfortunately our best player goaltender Neil Etheridge(who leads the English Premier League in saves) was prevailed upon to stay in England as the relegation threatened Cardiff City took priority to his international commitments. We played ok defensively though with our replacement goalkeeper playing well, so it might not have mattered anyway.

seolseol repped this.
  21. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    not happy with the performance but still...it's just the first game. At least we didn't fail to score, unlike some other team.

jk1802 repped this.
  22. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    I kind of wished it ended 1–1 to light a fire up their asses. T
    Your team deserves to go far. They played really well.

jk1802 and Pelefan repped this.
  23. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    dedication.

24. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Man after this tournament, Bento better start scouting for new players. He was pretty underwhelming considering he picked players from the WC and Asian Games instead of searching for players that weren't part of these tournament.
    But I realize Bento didn't have time so he played conservative, but after this he needs to start making risk.

jk1802 and chook90 repped this.
  25. victoriabrono

victoriabrono Red Card

Nov 30, 2018
    HHC needs to be demoted to RB. He has the pace and the low football IQ to be the next Duri Cha.

nmssis, Deleted Users and seolseol repped this.