[2019 AFC Asian Cup: Group C] Korea vs Philippines 2019/01/07 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Jan 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goal!!

Goal!! Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

Well to be fair LSW had very limited playing time during the Asian Games but when he was on the pitch as a sub, he made a huge impact and converted very quickly. Considering our lack of offense, it was refreshing to see along with HEJ.

2. Goal!!

Goal!! Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Did anyone notice that Bento played for Portugal in the 2002 world Cup? The game against Korea was apparently his last international game. I wonder if deep inside he has any grudge against Korea.

3. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Say that to Serie B media and Verona that have been praising him as the key player, not me.

4. Gaemamusa

Gaemamusa Red Card

Jan 7, 2019
    This/

5. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LSW can be important because we don’t have direct players other than him HHC and SHM. Look at how shite KJC was ystd. Talk shit about HHC all you want but he was the one shaking up the defense last night.

aeh1991 repped this.
  6. lawlawl

lawlawl Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Jan 7, 2019
    KJC is miles above HHC in technical ability and I cannot believe you just rated HHC above him.

7. Gaemamusa

Gaemamusa Red Card

Jan 7, 2019
    HHC don't have much technical ability to start with, I don't know why you're even starting this conversation. KJC was horrid all day and contributed nothing.

8. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yea, KJC was our best player yesterday and was all over the pitch. Definitely contributes so much in attack and has been a crucial NT player for the last few years.

/s

chook90 repped this.
  9. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    nice assist from ku jachul yesterday continuing his terrific form from the world cup very visible player

10. lawlawl

lawlawl Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Jan 7, 2019
    You realize KJC scores more for Korea as a CAM than HHC does as a striker? You think one bad game defines his career? He knows how to make space, cut in and shoot, and decent aerially/free kicker. Lol he even contributed a good amount during WC qualifications, he's a class player for a Korean.

11. lawlawl

lawlawl Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Jan 7, 2019
    How many goals has HHC scored at club level for Hamburg this season? What about for Korea? A striker's role is to score goals, this guy is an awful excuse for a striker. If anything Korea should use two strikers with Son and UiJo with CAM Koo, or even LSW. Keep HHC off until players start to tire, then use his work rate to press hard. HHC is not made to finish goals.

12. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Did you notice that he's been playing as a winger for the KNT (his stats at HSV are poor, I admit)? His role in the NT isn't scoring goals.
    HHC surely deserves the criticisms about his lack of technical ability or poor finishing/decision making. However, he at least creates chances. In the recent games, he's always been one of the biggest threats to the opponent defenders, no matter whether you like him or not.
    Imo, KJC or LJS were way more useless against the Philippines, while HHC created the only two chances by us. He's taken the role of KCH very well. When KCH returns, we can use HHC as a sub, but for now he is quite important.

13. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #263 Seol Korea, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Koo Ja-cheol is out of form(has been for a while now) and is simply playing like someone who wants no business playing for the national team anymore, it's nothing new so his performance shouldn't really be a surprise. Aside from all this circle jerk between Hwang Hee-chan, Koo, Lee Seung-woo however, the real question is, why the fcuk is Kim Jin-su even in the squad? The dude has been in poor form and hasn't fully recovered from his injury last year March vs Ireland, he was getting spanked by Reichelt, Shrock, and Ott all night. Park Joo-ho is in good form and has been performing well with Ulsan since his return in October, yet he gets dropped smh.

soul24rage and aeh1991 repped this.
  14. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LOL KFA uploaded a pic of KJS on IG and he is getting absolutely shat on in the comments

15. Gaemamusa

Gaemamusa Red Card

Jan 7, 2019
    I'd give LJS the benefit of the doubt. He's still a quality player and can be useful in later games. However, is anybody got a bad feeling about this bento guy. The fact that he made KSG as the no.1 GK when Jo Hyeon-woo is clearly the superior keeper says alot about him as a coach.

16. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If Hong Chul wasn't injured, we'd see him start for the entire tournament. Hopefully he'll be back for the Kyrgyzstan and China match.

17. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I want hong chul to start in every game in this tourney. Jin su was fcked by shrock yesterday.

18. victoriabrono

victoriabrono Red Card

Nov 30, 2018
    Many of his call ups do not make sense and just screams lazy to me. His love for NTH and JHS is alarming but thanks to divine intervention neither of them are with us today.

19. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah well, he's recovering from his ankle injury, so perhaps he'd be starting when he returns for the next two group games. At least, according to Bento, Hong Chul is his main choice at LB, but still to pick Kim Jin-su over Park Joo-ho was a joke.

20. victoriabrono

victoriabrono Red Card

Nov 30, 2018
    What is up with koo ja cheol. He openly said he does not want to play for the national team anymore so why do you not retire? He claimed he did not refuse the call ups because he does not want to face backlash. Lol Bro, everyone thinks you are crap now please leave after this tournament. Guy is 29 but plays like he is 36.

chook90 repped this.
  21. victoriabrono

victoriabrono Red Card

Nov 30, 2018
    Full back positions are really bad. It is a joke lee yong is considered an athlete. He offers nothing and always looks like he is exhausted. Kjs is a dumb European reject and injury prone to boot. Should have called up kim jin ya instead.

chook90 repped this.
  22. footy14wiz

footy14wiz Member

Nov 13, 2018
    South Korea will win this competition with ease.

23. Goal!!

Goal!! Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You're spot on. Jung Woo Young played the worst in my book. He made so many basic mistakes like missed passes and that terrible shot he took that blasted over the moon. Just kidding but it's Bento's revenge for Portugal's loss in 2002.

aeh1991 repped this.
  24. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #274 ChaDuRi671, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Stats from yesterday:
    [​IMG]

When I said 80% possession and 700 passes yesterday, I was joking. Didn’t realize that was actually our real stats lol.

25. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    What revenge? 1. Portugal lost fair and square, and 2. Why would Bento even have any animosity towards us period? it's petty and he could care less about a match that happened 17 years ago. Perhaps, if he was Spanish it'd make more sense about "revenge", but again the Spanish have moved on from it a long time ago alongside the Italians, the only one's crying about it now are the useless delusional tools that know nothing about the sport itself.

12th Player, chook90, DHMGKorea and 3 others repped this.