[2019 AFC Asian Cup: Group C] Korea Republic vs Kyrgyz Republic 2019/01/11 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by victoriabrono, Jan 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jk1802

jk1802 Member

Jan 22, 2010
    NYC
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    game seems to be opening up a little more. what a damn relief.

2. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LCY has been immense. He really knows how to pick passes to open up defenses

soccerboy37 repped this.
  3. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Shin Tae-yong is better a commentator than he is manager.

seolseol repped this.
  4. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I would like to see Ki-HIB partnership rather than Ki-JWY.

5. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Never thought a player like LCY would shit his pants.

6. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Can we please take KJC off?

7. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    HIB should go to Europe.

Gaemamusa repped this.
  8. Justamoment

Justamoment Red Card

Sep 11, 2018
    Maybe I am too old and have watched too many games but when a defender scores he often makes a critical error later or visa versa.

9. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Players that I thought playing well:
    Hwang Inbeom, Koo Jacheol, and Lee Chungyong (minus the miss).
    I'm not a fan of having both hwangs playing on top. It's just so frustrating to watch because they don't know what they're doing at the final third. They are all hustle but that's it.

jessypjs repped this.
  10. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Poor first half.

seolseol repped this.
  11. the rainmaker

the rainmaker Member

DCFC
    Feb 18, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    LY, HC, JWY, and HHC the worst offenders today... Jesus what a pathetic half.

12. jk1802

jk1802 Member

Jan 22, 2010
    NYC
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    terrible first half. where the hell is our midfield? we're so spread out there's no options to pass in the center. kudos to kyrgyzstan for congesting our final third to snuff us out. all our passes are either inaccurate or the players don't know wat the f to do and take too long. HEJ needs a playmaker badly. hopefully sonny will give us a confidence boost or something.

13. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Bad players:
    Both fullbacks and Jung Wooyeong.

14. TreySongz

TreySongz Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Detroit
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Besides the 3 shots. Kjc had been ass, bad runs, interceptions. This guy does not wanna play for national team anymore, you can see it so clearly

jk1802, seolseol and LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  15. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Jung Woo-young is too slow on his passing as well as his decision making, he killed majority of our counter-attacking opportunities and momentum due to his ineptitude.

16. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This. It seems as though bento’s style is as such where they spread out and like quick passing. But we will see how far we go with this style of play. On the bright side at least we scored off a set piece. Cant remember the last time we did.

17. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    KJC the only offensive player that was a a constant goal threat. 3 shots on goal and one assist that should have been scored by LCY.

18. lawlawl

lawlawl Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Jan 7, 2019
    After KJC scores a hat trick: "Besides the 3 goals, he's been shit, clearly too old to play in NT"

19. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I secretly hope they're trying to save energy for the next round, playing like that.

Kanuck repped this.
  20. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We havent found our rhythm yet since the last philippines match. It also seems like the ground is harder than they are used to with high bounce. Hopefully they get used to it as they play more in this tourney.

21. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Oh wow, we're looking like hot garbage and still up 1-0. Korean players are very technically limited. Sad but true. It'll look better when Kyrg get tired and Korea starts gaining some momentum hopefully in the China game. Time to establish dominance.

22. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Here are my HT notes:

1. LY - I almost feel bad for him. Bento's tactics require so much from him. Yet, his stamina, pace and crossing fail him. Yet, at his age, he's the most tournament ready RB that we have. It's a failure of Korean football that his successor has not yet emerged and he's forced to embarrass himself in yet another FIFA tournament.

2. HC - his nerves seem to be settling after the goal. It'd better, because his crossing has been awful.

3. JWY - one particularly annoying poster keeps talking about his range of passing. Yeah, so what? He has it in his skill set. And he uses it on occasion to deliver a nicely shaped pass sideways at times. But I fail to understand why he keeps playing based on the promise that he has the ability to pass the ball. When we are pressed as in the first 30 minutes of this match, he MUST have the courage to bring the ball forwards more than 5 meters, relieve pressure and find the pass. This is why JWY has consistently FAILED to replace KSY when KSY has been injured. I'd rather see a pairing of JSJ and HIB or JSJ and KJC for the rest of this match. JWY has been the most underwhelming player thus far in this match for me.

4. KSG - his command of the box is just bad. That set piece... OMG, he was nowhere near the ball. That is why CHW is needed. Not only for better shot blocking but command of the box. And his kicks have been panicked and shit.

5. KJC - he's just oozing class given the slower pace of the match. When he's not injured, he's still our best box to box.

HEJ, LCY, HHC and HIB have been fine. But at some point, we need LSW in there to open up more space imo.

23. jk1802

jk1802 Member

Jan 22, 2010
    NYC
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    if we don't find our rhythm this second half, we are gonna have a shitstorm against china. someone already said it, lippi can totally outsmart bento box. but as long as they don't play with 10 men in defense, we will beat china. after today's win for them, they will have less reason to park it against us

24. fightingchuyoung

Jul 23, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What are your thoughts about KSG starting over JHW? I've heard that KSG has been crushing it during training which is why he got the start. Wu Lei tho... His goal was pretty quality as well so at the rate we are playing right now, I fear China will actually be a tough opponent. Hopefully Korea wins!

25. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    glad i missed the 1st half...

26. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It's been said countless of times, but Kim Seung-gyu should not be starting over Cho Hyun-woo. Crushing it in training doesn't mean squat when he's still shit at goal, his decision making as well is on par with Jung Woo-young, shit.

27. jk1802

jk1802 Member

Jan 22, 2010
    NYC
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    HHC is trash right now. KMJ is money.