[2019 AFC Asian Cup: Group C] Korea Republic vs Kyrgyz Republic 2019/01/11 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by victoriabrono, Jan 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lawlawl

lawlawl Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Jan 7, 2019
    Hopefully Son and Kwon peak for 2022 and LKI/JWY/HIB become nice, so HHC can use his "work-rate" for being the promptest water boy ever.

2. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Agree. After hailing Bento during the last games it feels SK are back many years. How it could happen I don't know.

3. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Bento needs to give a massive yelling at his players in the locker room, and he needs to think more about his starting 11 selections.

HojuSaram and seolseol repped this.
  4. victoriabrono

victoriabrono Red Card

Nov 30, 2018
    LSW would've converted all of those sitters. Bento out.

Gaemamusa repped this.
  5. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well HUJ is our main striker. After he got subbed out, we don't have any threats in attacking. JDW is useless

soccerboy37 and seolseol repped this.
  6. jk1802

jk1802 Member

Jan 22, 2010
    NYC
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    national team is always tricky. you play with a club for half a year and get used to a system then you suddenly get a week or two to prep for a big tournament with fellow countrymen who you only play with for a month max. that my theory.

yhr88 and toohyper repped this.
  7. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    What I hate about Bento is his dislike for LSW. Why can't he play him? Why even call him up when he' not going to play, just have him focus on his club career.

Marco91, soul24rage, Hodori and 3 others repped this.
  8. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Good luck, you are in R16 now. It feels like all Portuguese managers love 1-0 score lines.

9. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I have no longer faith in the players and Bento.

nmssis and seolseol repped this.
  10. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    KMJ shows again why he is the future today.

KYG wasn't terrible but he had a few scary moments like when he went down too easily and let his man walk in on goal early in the 2nd.

garbage execution from our front line. even at 2 - 0, we'd all be complaining less today, but we should have won by 4,5 or 6.

at this pt, in their careers, i can't expect more from LCY and KJC. both did their jobs today but Chungy, terrible miss and in the 2nd he had that terrible back pass in our box.

JWY was for me, the biggest disappointment today. very poor and just about the only thing he did that was useful was block that shot on goal in the 2nd.

CHW between the pipes, Ki back, Sonny and LSW working off each other and HHC used strictly for all the dirty work (run him like a rabbit to stretch oppo) and we should be fine going forward. but ffs, we need to take our chances.

11. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Chill. We just missed our chances. The problem is with the players not with the coach. We are getting a lot of chances. We are just unlucky. At the end of the day we got the W that matters the most.

Angel Bear repped this.
  12. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    HHC and JWY were the worst ones for me. KYG had a "good" game, but he did look a bit shaky. I have to wonder how much of that is because he's rotting in reserves in China.

Kim Min Jae, I already love the kid. He's such a stud, and his humpback knows it.

Kanuck repped this.
  13. TreySongz

TreySongz Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Detroit
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    This build up play does not work on minows. Waste of the opening 40 minutes of the match

14. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The lack of concentration of our players is still visible, and that being at a tournament is not a good thing. Bento and the coaching staff needs to get them mentally prepared for our last game against China.

Kanuck and seolseol repped this.
  15. TigersOfAsia2

TigersOfAsia2 Member

Toronto Maple Leafs
    South Korea
    May 12, 2017
    I've never seen a more pathetic display of finishing. Should have been 4-0 with the sitters alone.

nmssis repped this.
  16. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Actually, I also want to add Lee Yong to the list of players who played bad. But he's handsome so I guess it's ok?

Kanuck and seolseol repped this.
  17. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    How is he a disappointment when you know he is a garbage from the beginning?

yhr88 and Kanuck repped this.
  18. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Agree but he tends to complicate things, imo. We should play more directly and more intensely. We look like Stielike's Korea with so many back passes and a slow tempo, at some moments we found spaces, though. That said, I have yet to see how we will play against bigger teams.

19. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Only if Jung Woo-young can fcuk off like Jang Hyun-soo, he'd be doing the entire country a huge service. Please for the love of god, fcuk off.

jinseokyang, yhr88 and aeh1991 repped this.
  20. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Btw, anyone else noticed that Kim Min Jae looks like the Korean version of Ramsay Bolton.

21. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    1-0 vs philippines
    1-0 vs kyrgyzstan

this is looking very good guys...

jk1802, seolseol and jessypjs repped this.
  22. lawlawl

lawlawl Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    Jan 7, 2019
    Not too worried about 1-0 at all. We controlled the matches, and got unlucky. Besides, we'll have Ron Heung Min for China

23. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This. But I have a gut feeling that bento will rest SHM for china as we are already in the R16. No need to play sonny as chinese players are very physical.

24. TigersOfAsia2

TigersOfAsia2 Member

Toronto Maple Leafs
    South Korea
    May 12, 2017
    Funny (and scary) to think about,
    But if JHS never got that life suspension, Bento 100% plays him over KMJ.
    We see now KMJ is clearly our best player back there.

JWY has to f*ck off. I've never seen a more useless player at that position.

HojuSaram, jessypjs, Kanuck and 3 others repped this.
  25. yhr88

yhr88 Member

South Korea
    Jun 13, 2017
    In addition, I think it depends on the opposition.

I think higher quality teams give opponents more space defensively because they are structured in shape and have a clear understanding of when to press.

Lower quality opponents have individual players just acting out and applying high pressure. Our players aren't technically gifted enough to hold off players or get themselves out of tight spaces so make lapses in judgement cause they freak out.