2019/24 Takefusa Kubo @ FC Real Madrid (ESP)

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Samurai Warrior, Jun 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    seolseol repped this.
  2. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Read the article.
    He will play some friendlies with Castillia or Real jersey? Will he meet the big boys from first team during the tour?

3. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No doubt, a priori.

Anyway, there is no point publishing an article about Kubo, only to say that he will play with Castilla (it's planned from the start, for the upcoming season), right ?

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  4. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    What the point of publishing an article citing that he will play “some” friendlies with the Castilla?

Come on, everybody knows it will be with the first team.

5. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Ok. Then I'll expect something like Miyaichi tour with Arsenal in 20XX (2012?).
    They will move to asia? USA?

6. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    YakYak, mushu21_2, teioh and 2 others repped this.
  7. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Wait, they're not going to Japan?

8. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Huh? Real Madrid? Not that I know, no. ICC Cup and then Audi Cup.

9. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #59 Keren, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    His young brother, Eiji Kubo (12 years old, midfielder) joins Real Madrid too.

He's the third japanese there, including Takuhiro Nakai (15 yo).

10. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The hype is no joke by the way. I'm currently in South Africa and I mentioned I was born in Japan to my Uber driver. He starts going on about Take Kubo and how great he looks on youtube.

11. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Oh yeah, what's the situation for that Nakai dude?

12. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

13. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Why Pipi?

14. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    1143777088002019331 is not a valid tweet id

Have never really understand why some people said that Kubo is very individualistic. His awareness to his surrounding is tremendous. This is his biggest asset. His technique compliment this well, especially his passing technique.

YakYak, seolseol, mushu21_2 and 3 others repped this.
  15. mushu21_2

mushu21_2 Member

Manchester United
    Vietnam
    Sep 1, 2018
    He was selfish before U20 wc and U17 wc 2 years ago. The matches against Uruguay at U20, France or England at U17 highlighted that. But after that he kind of sorted it out and became more team oriented. I think this aspect showed his quality and is one of reason why he is highly rated. Individual skill alone doesn't take you far, otherwise a lot of talents from Brazil, Argentina or some Africa countries would already make it at highest level.

What he lacks now is strength, a little bit of speed, finishing consistency and a lot of luck.

gandychan and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  16. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    About strength, I think he's not that bad (especially for someone his age). We predicted hell for him vs Ecuador but ultimately he came up well enough (I remember two magnificent balls for Maeda and Nakajima, concluded by two unforgivable missed chances).

Lack of speed isn't necessary a problem as soon as it's impossible to steal him the ball. Anyway, the ball needs to moove fast. Not him.

In general I find we're a bit hard on him (that doesn't mean we should go to the other extreme, of course)

gamban98 repped this.
  17. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He still needs to improve his team-work skills.

18. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    At that tournament i think, it's more of that his mates is not playing in the same wavelength as him. And he's very often left in a disadvantageous situation where he should beat his opposition at one on one situation, the aspect where he's not as strong as he's now, more often due to lack of a physicality. Hell, even in J3 he's struggling at that time. That's why i'm so surprised at the rate of his development since begenning of this year. Even his body language is changing. I wonder what happened to him at Yokohama. He's always said that he owed a lot to Yokohama.

Not going to jump into xxx-ese Messi train or something, but out of a hell a lot of player labelled as the next Messi, i think, Kubo is the closest thing to the 2 Messi unique abilities that made him by far greatest player alive, his perception about his surroundings and his ability to create a moment of vacuum, when everything stop as he pause his move.

His passing technique reminds me a lot to De Bruyne though. Of course yet as refined nor consistant.

mushu21_2 repped this.
  19. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Kubo has not any problem with strength as everyone seen vs Ecuador when he resisted tackle from 2x his size opponents.
    And for a japanese teen player this is something remarkable.

Keren repped this.
  20. mushu21_2

mushu21_2 Member

Manchester United
    Vietnam
    Sep 1, 2018
    Let's see, he's a young prospect now. If he continues to perform, the defenders from other teams (in Europe) will start to recognize him as a real threat and decide to go physical with rough treatment. At that time, if he can hold his ground, his strength would be considered pass the test.
    For example, this video:

Look at the muscle of Hazard (the guy with similar height) around 0:33; and Kubo around 2:00, I can still see a huge difference. You guy talks about the match with Ecuador, I also commented about this aspect before this match, and Kubo did perform in the sense of "not easily losing the ball due to physical challenge". However, I expect more in the sense of "still produce magic regardless of physical challenge", similar to the like of Messi or Hazard.

Still, he can use his movement and position awareness to avoid direct challenge from defenders. But in this case, he would develop into David Silva type of player. I still think he has potential to play in much more advance position than that, like a Messi or a Hazard, so I demand more of his strength and finishing.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  21. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  22. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    That ad in the right bottom corner ruins the solemnity of the article.

gamban98 repped this.
  23. Kenny South

Kenny South Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    May 25, 2019
    YakYak, teioh, Keren and 2 others repped this.
  24. Drew1404

Drew1404 Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Yeah, AS are saying that the coaches have been surprised and shocked by kubos ability, and the initial plans of going to Castilla B might be changing. Word from thd dressing room is that 'he doesn't look out of place'

Very exciting news! And watching the highlights of him yesterday you can see why.

YakYak, teioh, mushu21_2 and 4 others repped this.
  25. Kenny South

Kenny South Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    South Korea
    May 25, 2019