2019/2023 Gaku Shibasaki @ RC Deportivo de La Coruña (ESP)

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Samurai Warrior, Jul 14, 2019.

1. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Start all over again..

2. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Should have stayed with CD Tenerife.

3. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Instead of scoring against Barcelona !
    In all honesty he made the right move, nobody knows what happened in Getafe.

YakYak and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  4. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Gaku should play first division soccer.

YakYak repped this.
  5. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I agree, I meant he made the right move back then.

seolseol repped this.
  6. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    That's fine. In winter he can transfer again if he impress.

Samurai Warrior, YakYak and seolseol repped this.
  7. yamatoship

yamatoship Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Getafe's football didn't suit his style of play at all. What they need are fighters, not skillful players like him.

He was extremely stupid to throw away the chance to play for Benfica after the WC. :thumbsdown: Benfica prefers to play technically-oriented football, they are at least on par with mid-table La Liga teams and can play CL every year.

He got what he deserved by making a foolish decision. Japan's captain plays in the Segunda? What a joke.

seolseol and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  8. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'm not sure how you can be sure he "threw away" the chance to play for Benfica...

YakYak repped this.
  9. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Would not suprise me :(

10. YakYak

YakYak Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Unfortunately, in the current state of football, being the captain of the JNT does not guarantee a regular spot on a first div team in Europe.

11. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Joining a team such as Deportivo La Coruña or Malaga in the Spanish second division might be a better option than joining a first division club such as Leganes.

Malaga and Deportivo were solid La Liga teams, with Deportivo winning the league in the 1999/2000 season, and Malaga finished the league in the 4th place and qualifying to the UEFA champions league quarterfinals few years ago.

They are clubs with history and are viewed among the favourites (or even the two favourites) to promote to the first division.
    They almost got promoted this season unless for some bad run of results which saw them drop to the play-off spots, in which Mallorca won the final play-off against Deportivo.

If they have a great plan to secure automatic promotion and build a strong team for the future by attracting quality players such as Shibasaki and Okazaki, so why not be an integral part of this project?

It is better than joining a relegation-threatened first division club like Leganes -which if relegated- there is no guarantee they will bounce back in one year or two.

I can compare Deportivo and Malaga to Kashiwa Reysol, historical first division team who unfortunately found themselves in the second division. While teams like Leganes, Girona and Huesca are similar to the likes of Matsumoto Yamaga, Montedio Yamagata and Tomushima Vortis, who can found themselves -once in a while- in the first division but they would hardly survive after their first or second year in the top flight.