2019/2020 Winter Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by juveeer, Sep 25, 2019.

1. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    And I still disagree, Ronaldo hasn't done anything beyond what's required from him. If we win the CL that's a different story, until then the Ronaldo purchase is nothing more than having a trophy wife, without the trophy

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  2. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    But you can say that about any signing. How many CL’s did Marotta win again? I will admit that he is doing much better in CL at Inter. Oh, wait...
    ;)

usnroach repped this.
  3. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    You're missing the point. Marotta built this team, Paratici was supposed to take it to the next level, that hasn't happened. Marotta was brought into Inter to make them competitive, not to win the CL (not yet at least) and that's exactly what he's doing.

Marotta has now fixed two teams basically, while Paratici is riding the coattails of Marotta's work.

As of right now there is absolutely nothing that Paratici has done that negates Marotta's work at Juve OR Inter.

Afghan-Juventus repped this.
  4. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The CL will tell, I guess. If signing the greatest player in the world isn’t enough, I’m not sure what would be.
    Agree to disagree :)

5. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Ronaldo is not the best player in the world, and signing him won't really mean much if we don't win the CL, that's why he was brought here.

6. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Correct.The point of the article was the growing relationship between Barca and Juve.

they are on the verge of a swap of a couple of youngsters:

https://www.football-italia.net/148493/barca-swoop-juve-starlet

7. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    But that is NOT why he was brought here.

That is the hope when brought in, but he was really brought in to BUILD THE BRAND INTERNATIONALLY. And he has already succeeded there.

Agnelli and Marotta had a fundamental disagreement on what the next phase of building the club would look like. Beppe wanted to concentrate on success on the field at a bargain price.

Agnelli, Paratici and Nedved want to build the club into one of the top 2-3 in the world, both on the field and in the business end. Accordingly, we will most likely see more bigger names coming in in the near future to continue building our Brand internationally.

We may suffer some domestically to accomplish this as winning everything every year while important is not all they are looking at now.

Max was replaced because we didn't score enough in the CL to win it. Sarri was brought in to make our football "more attractive" and proactive. We can argue whether that is happening or not, but the path has been set.

If Sarri doesn't win, I will not be at all surprised to see Pep here next year or the year after along with another couple of big names. We just upped the cash available by something like 300 million more. They didn't do that to buy a bunch of bargain based players.

Ironically, Inter and Conte, using Beppe's original Juve formula, may win a title or 2 that way, but they will fall further behind win Branding. And you know no team can take more than 2-3 years of Antonio.

The other thing is going Galactico certainly elevated Real Madrid to the highest level when they did that, but it also helped that Barca was there as a foil. Perhaps Inter is now going to be our foil if we do in fact go the Galactico route. I always thought it would continue to be Milan, but since Mr. Bunga Bunga left it has been chaotic over there..

phat, gumbacicc and Tifoso repped this.
  8. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Spot on. Perfect post!

9. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #284 juventino13, Jan 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    Both the brand and winning the CL were the reasons why Ronaldo was brought here, he wasn't brought here to win the 8th Serie A title in a row.

Once Ronaldo retires (and if he does that and Juve doesn't win the CL) the brand won't grow further unless the club either brings in the next Ronaldo or they establish themselves as CL contenders.

Exor didn't up the cash to buy players at all, that is a general capital increase for ALL Juventus operations, not just the transfer market. In fact, most of that money is going towards J Village.

The rest of your post has nothing to do with what is being discussed, the discussion is is what Paratici is doing superior to what Marotta did for Juventus or is doing for Inter and the answer to that is no, and just because he brought in Ronaldo doesn't change that

10. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Most of that post has nothing to do with the discussion

11. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Juveeer's analysis was spot on, though that's not to say that Paratici has done a better job than Marrotta. To a certain extent, Paratici is riding Marrotta's coattail. That said, we can't undervalue the Ronaldo move. It's correct to say that on the pitch he was brought to make the team a true CL contender. That didn't happen last season; nor am I convinced that we will win this season.

However, Ronaldo was our best player last season and he has once again become the top performer for this club of late. He's doing all that can be expected on the pitch. He won't be the reason if we are unable to win this season.

Setting that aside, the difference Ronaldo has made in terms of commercial revenue and the profile of this club has been staggering. Much like Real benefitted from their increased profile even after Ronaldo left, I think the same will happen here. The club continues to target high profile names and will be in the mix even after Ronaldo leaves.

In short, Paratici deserves much credit for that move which was massive both on and off the pitch. Setting that aside, Marrotta has shown to be far superior in terms of the beneficial effects his transactions have had on this club. I think De Ligt will settle, but he hasn't yet. The Demiral move was excellent. The midfielders that were brought in on a free this season haven't really panned out that well. It's been somewhat of a mixed bag for Paratici.

To the contrary, the moves that Marrotta made while he was here brought this team back to European relevancy and the pinnacle of Italian football. It's not even close the more one thinks about it.

juventino13 repped this.
  12. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The difference is Real Madrid already had the profile of the biggest club in the world long before Ronaldo was even a factor there. The only way Juventus can continue that growth is winning the CL and bringing in the next Ronaldo, neither of which I think will happen. Hope they do, but I just don't see how with all the other clubs that have vastly superior resources to Juventus.

Call me cynical, but once Ronaldo is gone so will his fans

13. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    One or the other would suffice. Seeing as we're not likely to get Mbappe who I would assume would be the next great player after Messi and Ronaldo retire, we better hope we can win the CL in the next couple of seasons.

I agree that we will lose the Ronaldo fanbase when he leaves. The nature of the game is that you have a lot of younger supporters these days that follow players over clubs. There is nothing the club can do about that unless they are able to sign the next global superstar. That will be difficult for us and virtually ever other team on the planet.

So long as we continue to have domestic success and go deep in Champions League, we will be a desirable destination for great players even after Ronaldo is gone.

14. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So basically all the positives get wiped out the minute Ronaldo leaves? You are a cinic if you can't realize how far Juve has come since 2006 and believe it can or will crumble because CR7 leaves. He's not the first nor the last legend to wear the jersey.

Daei_10 repped this.
  15. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    LOL.

Since when are you in charge of what "the discussion" is?

phat repped this.
  16. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Paratici has had just over 1 season in charge. Beppe was here for years.

So any comparison now is always going to be weighted more towards Beppe.

It is going to be interesting to see how the 2 philosophies play themselves out.

Oh and BTW, maybe the other side of Milan is about to stabilize also? Mad Max to be their SAF?

With the 2 Rome clubs moving forward also, Serie A is getting interesting again.

More on Max to Milan:

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/ne...-the-future-a-ferguson-role-for-allegri-18314

phat repped this.
  17. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    phat repped this.
  18. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    phat repped this.
  19. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    phat repped this.
  20. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I'm not in charge of the discussion, but when you come out and mention a bunch of shit that has nothing to do with the original discussion I'm going to point it out because its IRRELEVANT

21. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Who the ******** said Juventus is going to crumble? I put you on the ignore list for a reason, because you're a ********ing moron that doesn't know what reading comprehension is.

I said the brand would not continue to grow as much as it has without either a CL win or another Ronaldo type arriving.

Back to ignoring you

phat repped this.
  22. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That has never not been the case, the point is once hes gone his fans will go with him and Juve will settle back into their role as best team in Italy with a few more fans and a higher profile. But it will be hard to maintain unless we bring some of the success to Europe and not just within Italy.

And of course, bringing in the next best thing will also serve that purpose, but I feel that's a much tougher thing to accomplish than winning the CL within the next couple of years.

23. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Real Madrid to this day have ridden the coattails of the great Di Stefano Madrid that won 5 European titles in a row, IN THE ********ING 50's.

We need something similar to reach those levels, though what Agnelli has done since he became president is nothing short of remarkable. I just don't think the work that Paratici has done so far has been sufficient, and is nowhere near what Marotta did.

Given time that might change, but he needs to address the weaknesses this summer instead of signing a bunch of freebies for exorbitant salaries that haven't improved the team enough

24. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hey @Dante is this acceptabke? Mods here have banned for much less . Double standards as usual.

25. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What mod has been banned for less, just curious?