2019-2020 Concacaf Nations League Qualifying Prediction Contest [R]

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by EvanJ, Sep 6, 2018.

1. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I predict:

St. Vincent and the Grenadines 2-1 Bonaire
    Cayman Islands 0-2 Montserrat
    St. Lucia 2-1 Aruba
    Suriname 2-2 St. Kitts and Nevis
    Guyana 2-1 Belize
    Guadeloupe 1-2 Martinique
    Sint Maarten 3-3 Saint Martin
    Dominica 3-0 Bahamas
    Puerto Rico 1-1 Grenada
    Barbados 1-3 Nicaragua

2. italiancbr

italiancbr Member

Apr 15, 2007
    My only prediction is that Montserrat will beat Cayman Islands and enough teams that are ahead of them will stumble allowing them to qualify for the Gold Cup.

3. devioustrevor

devioustrevor Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Napanee, Ontario
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Suriname's win over St. Kitts & Nevis was really helpful towards this. Guyana beating Belize, not so much.

4. devioustrevor

devioustrevor Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Napanee, Ontario
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It looks like you're the first one to have two perfect picks in the same prediction.

5. italiancbr

italiancbr Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Well I wasn't expecting the Belize-Guyana game to end in a tie, so one of those two would've surpassed Montserrat on GD since Guyana had their first game awarded to them. I also don't expect Bermuda-Dominican Republic to end in a tie, meaning one of those two will get in. I was expecting SKN to lose and El Salvador to tie or lose based on their past performances and since Jamaica was playing to get into League A, but of course that's just silly in hindsight based on how Caribbean teams play in Central America. I expect Canada to beat French Guiana, meaning it should come down to Barbados-Nicaragua, which is ironically the last match of the qualifiers. I just don't see Barbados being able to hold them even if they are playing at home, but Nicaragua did lose their first match to SVG away from home and this is Concacaf so anything can happen. Of course, if DR and Bermuda magically tie, then Montserrat should qualify. I could see another movie being made about this as a sequel to The Other Final, but I don't think officials and organizers would be happy to have them at the Gold Cup.

6. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On Matchday 1, I had the only exact score. On Matchday 2, I had 1, jagum had 3, and you had 2. On Matchday 3, you had the only 2. On Matchday 4, I had 2, and jagum and you had 1.

For the British Virgin Islands vs. Bonaire game that was postponed from Matchday 3, I didn't try, jagum got 0, and you got 3.

Here the totals:

EvanJ: 77 (20+22+13+22)
    deviosutrevor: 69 (3+25+22+19)
    jagum: 60 (17+22+8+13)

On Matchday 4, I had 2 exact for 4 points, 4 close for 3 points, 1 right but not close for 2 points, and 3 wrong. I got no points from Sint Martin vs. Saint Maarten because only correct results get points, but my prediction of 3-3 was close to the actual 4-3. My 3 wrong results were predicting draws in games won by 1 or 2. You got 3 because only one Matchday 1 game was played after you entered. If I take out Matchday 1, you won with 66, I got 57, and jagum got 43.

I'm looking forward to World Cup qualifying. When the format is announced, I have to decide what percent each round and each component of a round that is a Group Stage is worth.

7. NADIRA SAM

NADIRA SAM New Member

Real Madrid
    France
    Oct 25, 2019
    big gaps in quality and some teams rarely play and/or are not members of FIFA, so it can be hard to know what to expect.

8. NADIRA SAM

NADIRA SAM New Member

Real Madrid
    France
    Oct 25, 2019
    Martinique vs. British Virgin Islands that was postponed will be played October 16. I predict:

French Guiana 3-2 St. Vincent and the Grenadines
    Bahamas 1-2 Antigua and Barbuda
    Dominican Republic xender discord omegle 3-0 Cayman Islands
    Grenada 0-6 Cuba
    Suriname 3-0 British Virgin Islands
    St. Lucia 1-4 Haiti
    El Salvador 3-2 Barbados
    Bonaire 0-6 Jamaica
    Nicaragua 3-0 Anguilla
    Guadeloupe 3-1 Aruba

9. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+