2019/20 Taça de Portugal Thread

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Oct 16, 2019.

1. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I think you'll be hard pressed to find someone that agrees with you about Correira. Wasnt playing well at all imo, he was a sieve.

There were other options, but no one offered for Acuna and the other right backs arent worth anything. The only players we had worth something in pre season were Bruno, Acuna, Raphinha, Bas Dost, and Batta. Bruno, Acuna and Dost would've been my preferences to go, but when no one wants them what can you do?

Out of curiosity, what were the other options for getting rid of the salaries? When one president almost leaves you insolvent, and the next president gives players double what theyre worth, what are the options?

2. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think correia was playing better than any of the RB's we had, but that's just my opinion. Acuna had offers from Russia, but SCP wanted more and ended up settling for less with Dost which was crucial mistake. Instead of settling for 12-15 for Acuna (holding out for 20 mil), they ended up selling their best goal scorer for less than 10 million AND didn't replace him. Who's at fault of that?

In terms of salaries, there's options with internal people, save on commissions which we paid up the ying yang. Where did you read that BDC left club insolvent? Sousa Cintra even said a couple of days ago, when he left there was money, and where is it now? So if there was money when he was there and apparently paying players double what they're worth, logically thinking, there had to be money before Sousa no?

With this clown, money is gone. Certain people got raises including president. A good chunk of NOS tv deal was received and club is still broke?

Call me crazy, but this doctor should've stayed in the medical industry and not in the corporate world. He's clearly way in over his head and doesn't even have the right people around him to support him which makes him look even worse.

To finish, I personally think the team has quit on him and just a matter of time before elections are forced, but we all now that clown Rogerio Alves will do everything to prevent an AG to remove FV from president.