2019/20 Taça da Liga Thread

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Sep 26, 2019.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    If Varandas wants to survive his term he'll need to make drastic changes. Otherwise everyone will just fall on him.

- Hire a proper director of football, someone experienced with know-how, who can handle player agents and clubs and let him make the decisions regarding signings. These presidents think they know everything because they've played a little football manager in the past.

- New director of football, with the go-ahead from the president, choose the proper head coach, someone with experience and vision, who can develop talent and integrate them with more experienced players

- New director and coach agree on a balanced squad that can compete. Take into account the money we'll get from Bruno and upgrade accordingly. Find players that sweat for the club, are leaders on the pitch when things go wrong, and of course have quality

2. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    But Why?
    - Why are many to give this guy another chance?
    -Why didn't he hire a proper director of football from the get go?
    - Why has gone through numerous coaches, especially hiring Keizer than sacking him for Silas (who doesn't even have a coaching license) ?
    - Why was he so quick to sell a 96 goal scorer for 8 million to now buy a player for 7 million plus 1 million in objectives who has scored less than 10 goals last season?
    - Why does he through his own supporters into the cage for a derby match? (so embarrassing)
    - Why does he allow our biggest rival to come into our house and paint their locker room Red ?

I can go on and on, but this guy has shown no sign of competency as a president of our club, has shown that he does not know how to defend our club, and we're on pace to having the worse season ever in our history (which I thought could be impossible). we're 3 losses away from having worse season ever and still have half a season to play btw

I'm not making this stuff up, it's all facts.

This guy is useless as tits on a bull!!! VARANDAS OUT NOW!!!!

I'll say this because I know someone is going to reply with something along the lines of (he inherited "a mess" and it takes time). The last president inherited a team coming off their worse season ever and the first year we finished I believe it was 6 or 7 points back of leaders in 2nd place, and no I'm not saying that BDC is the answer and should be back by the way.

Anyone who thinks Varandas deserves more time needs to give their head a shake.

3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I dont like him either. In fact the whole way he schemed to becoming president still irks me. I just stated IF he wants to survive longer he should do those things.

heavy1981 repped this.
  4. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He’s a snake!! Announcing his presidency before knowing there was even elections.

There should be no “if” he needs to be forced out NOW!! No more incompetents leading SCP, NO MORE!!

5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Problem is who is competent? No one has been competent for what seems like decades. Everyone just looking for their own interests. Bunch of vultures at this club.

ScpBoy77 and SCP21 repped this.
  6. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yup, everyone filling their pockets at the expense of SCP!!

Were's all the money? where did it all go?

Since BDC was removed from president, SCP has sold:

William Carvalho - 16 M
    Rui Patricio - 18 M
    Gelson Martins - 22.5 M
    Raphina - 20 M
    Bas Dost - 7 M
    Thierry Correia - 12 M
    Merith Demiral - 3.5 M
    Domingos Duarte - 3 M
    Luri Medeiros - 2 M
    Piccinni - 8 M
    Daniel Podence - 7 M
    Felix Correia - 3.5 M
    Misc - 2 M
    Matheus Perreira - 10 M
    Bruno Fernandes - 55 M

That's a total of 189.5 Million. SCP also got 65 million loan from Apollo.

There's also players like Nani, Salin, Montero, Mane, etc... that i'm not sure if there was any profit in selling these guys.

Add everything up, were talking over 250 million.

Where did it go?

7. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Lawsuits and debts

8. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    we'll go with that. :rolleyes:

9. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    You list all those sales and money like it's a lot. It's really not that much money.

ScpBoy77 repped this.
  10. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    it's not? chump change for SCP eh?

11. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Didnt say that. But no, it's not a lot of money for a business.

12. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    for SCP it's a lot of money. Also, SCP apparently has already received 40% of the 515 million NOS deal.
    Where that money go to? I don't see out debt being reduced.