2019/20 Sporting CP Transfer Signings/Rumours/Dealings

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, May 3, 2019.

1. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Tottenham sign Lo Celso.

2. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    So I guess the only chance Bruno has is if Eriksen leaves by tomorrow.

Looks like Matheus Pereira is on his way to England to seal a loan move to West Brom. It's rumoured they can buy him for 9.5M euros next summer to make it permanent.

3. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    No necessarily. Spanish market doesn't close until the end of the month.

4. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    There was talk of Real Madrid but I just don't see it, and Barca won't want him and Atletico have spent enough money.

I think if he doesn't go to England by tomorrow's 5 PM UK deadline he stays.

5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    3 hours to deadline for the Premier League transfer window, and no news on any deal for Fernandes.

Fernandes was at training today for SCP which is likely an indication he's not moving to England.

6. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Premier League window has slammed shut. If Bruno is to leave now it would be to Spain or Italy IMO. More than likely we will see him play for us another season, only a handful of clubs can pay 70M+.

Also there was reports Matheus was joining WBA but there's been nothing on that.

Now it's time to see if we sell either Dost, Acuna or Battaglia (still AWOL in Argentina for weeks now with no explanation and a fit Battaglia would probably start right away). Otherwise I don't see us making anymore major signings.

We still have so many players to discard. Andre Pinto, Jefferson, Petrovic, Bruno Gaspar, and probably more I cant remember now.

7. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I expect we'll see him leave for 45mil next year after he forces his way out.. Classic Sporting.

Hopefully we can get rid of those three bums. Dost, Acuna, and Batta should all be sold. Doesn't seem like any really care about playing for the club anymore.

8. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    There's been a lot of rumours that Tottenham never passed 50m for him anyway. For that price Varandas would be on the chopping block if he sold. No one else made a bid either (lots of talk but only Spurs actually bid).

Dost we wanted 20m initially but he's getting a nice paycheque, living in Lisbon, why would he move. We'd probably sell him for between 10-15m (hopefully Lazio still interested).

Acuna we still want 20m and is probably our most valuable player on the market. Battaglia is low in value right now and will be tough to sell.

9. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Official: Matheus Pereira joins Championship side West Brom on loan with an option to buy (undisclosed but rumours have been between 9-10M euros)

EDIT: Just read that he'll join permanently for 10M euros if he completes a certain number of games for WBA.

Talented but something has to be wrong to be loaned out year after year... especially when I see Diaby getting a spot over him.

10. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    Yeah he will collect his 5 mil bonus plus salary this year.....and next year hold out, refuse to show up and sold for 20 mil......

11. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The club is really bad at selling valuable players. Holding on too long again. But of course I'm happy to see BF stay overall. Just don't think the squad is good enough and that value will likely drop substantially. Let's hope the club makes a few more moves to give a genuine challenge for the title.

12. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Agreed on all of this.

13. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Don't think he's the type to do that, he could have done that now to force his way out. But if that happened, it would be the downfall of Varandas and we'd likely be having more elections at the club again...

I think we're forgetting he started pre-season in the same form he ended last season. He had a poor performance against Benfica but I think this whole transfer business did his head in.

He'll be back to his old self and banging in goals in no time, lets just hope the new signings can turn into good upgrades and not more flops we have to get rid of.

14. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    So for all of those people who think we should sell him, would you take a $50 bid for him?

At what point do you stop getting dicked around and start holding the value on your players?

I agree with Varandas. These clubs are trying to low-ball us. Enough is enough. Pay 70 million or get f*cked.

15. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    It's a catch 22. Sell for less and your labelled a bad negotiator. Don't sell and your labelled a bad negotiator.

SCP_16 repped this.
  16. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Only Benfica is immune to criticism for brokering shitty deals (i.e. Garay, Taarabt, Facundo Ferreyra, Lema, Nicolas Castillo, etc.)

17. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    If 50 was the best offer then I’m glad we held out, he’ll be worth that next window still, easily. If the reports of 65+bonus are true then I probably would’ve taken that though. Not sure I see him hitting that value again, unless he carries us to a league title.

I mean whatever, I’ll gladly take watching another season of him ball out, especially during this stretch

18. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Heard Man U offered 60 plus bonuses.
    Meanwhome they offer 80 million for Harry f*cking Maguire.

Literally, a slap in the face. If Sporting is only standing to get half of whatever we sell him for, then he needs to go to the highest bidder.

19. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I'd like to hear the president or a representative say exactly how many official bids came in. I'm sure there was a lot of talk, but after the window shut everyone is saying that the only club that made an actual bid was Tottenham and it was well below what we wanted.

20. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    More on the Matheus Pereira deal. Looks like West Brom are obligated to buy him under 2 conditions: He plays 30 games OR West Brom gets promoted to the Premier League.

21. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yeah it’s pretty ridiculous that he didn’t fetch what he’s worth. The guys just had a ********ing record setting year. Pay the damn fee. And like seriously, I know it’s high based on what we’ve got in the past, but in this market? It’s really not a bad deal at all.

If Tottenham’s offer was the only official bid then I don’t feel bad about holding on.

I also had no idea the bank repayment fee was so high. Doing the math that’s 25% of every transfer. That’s nuts. No wonder we’re spinning our tires.

22. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    What does benfica have to do with anything? Not even close to a similar situation, they have way more money than Sporting .

It seems from the rumors that the highest offer was mid 60s. Given that it's unlikely he'll be able to match last season, he'll be older next year and hes probably frustrated he couldn't leave, it's unlikely itll be matched next year. Especially considering we'll have to sell him no matter what the best offer is next year.

23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    If Bruno was at Porto or Benfica (primarily SLB) he would be gone already. It's just the way it is.

The bank repayment fee brings up another good point. We won't see the full money from the transfer. If he was sold for 70M cash, we would see about 38M after agents, Sampdoria's 10% and bank debt repayment. Which I'm not against, we should be paying our debts to be sustainable.

I'm positive the club's accounting department and CFO calculated the impact the sale of our most influential player would have in terms of performance, anything less than 70M and it would not be worth selling him.

24. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Honestly, I think we'd finish third with or without him.

25. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

This is the key point here. This isn't about being stubborn, it's about looking at our best interests.