2019/20 Sporting CP Transfer Signings/Rumours/Dealings

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, May 3, 2019.

1. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Lol that would be real anticlimactic

2. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Sporting announces Camacho's return. Not sure how much we paid but The Sun is saying 10 million Pounds

3. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like a lot for Sporting to spend on an unproven player, but I guess paying for potential is the way is done now. Hope he is successful and stays for at least 2-3 years to grow. Still need a midfield maestro if Bruno leaves.

4. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
  5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I highly doubt it's that much, not for a player in the last year of his contract. A Bola says 5M euros which could go up to 7M based on objectives. I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool will have first choice to sign him back in the future.

Klopp has spoken highly of him and even featured him in the first team, but I think he's smart in looking for playing time with us. Plus he's a homegrown player (grew up in our academy) which is a plus.

As for the player, he grew up as a winger but played a lot as RB too. I think he's a player who could definitely be useful if given a chance. He's been training in the gym on his off-time, looks like someone whose really focused on becoming an athlete.

6. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    It has nothing to do with us but I wanted to highlight this whole Bruma/Catio Balde/Porto drama and the fact Porto is struggling to sign their targets.

Balde hasn't changed one bit, he used the media to inflate Bruma's price. This guy is a cancer; and Bruma seems to have the brain the size of a pea because he could have achieved a lot more by now.

7. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
  8. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Multiple reports that Felix Correia from the youth team is set to join Man City for 7M euros.

The 18 year old is in the last year of his contract and despite attempts to renew, he did not wish to stay with us. In the short term, it's 7 mill for a player who never played for us in the senior team, and considering his refusal to stay with us, we can use that money for the senior team.

9. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Rip his career

10. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yup lol... another Bruma-esque player. Was he even hyped that much?

11. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Not too bothered about it, 7mil is decent money for someone who people don't seem to rate very highly.

We really should be doing a better job of locking up these players though, no excuse for constantly letting this happen really.

natenate101 repped this.
  12. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Merih Demiral joined Juve for 18M today. He had gone on loan to Turkey with a clause of 3.5M euros... this one hurts, terrible deal by interim president Cintra, during a week where he's been having interviews bashing the current president and saying he saved the club. Does anyone actually care about the clubs interests anymore.

13. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Yes it was a terrible deal but let's have some gratitude for the dude who actually convinced 3/4 of our team to not rescind their contracts

14. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    I love reading this stuff. Makes me really happy... I'm being sarcastic by the way.

15. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yes he did us a service at the time but the timing of that interview, right when pre season is starting and we're building a squad, plus with media forcing BDC back in the spotlight, just brings me to believe that people aren't putting the best interests of the club ahead of their own right now.

natenate101 repped this.
  16. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I missed the last part of your previous post. Cintra is bashing Varandas? Where?

17. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    He had an interview where he said, among other things, that we didnt win the league because Varandas fired Peseiro. And said the current board has been ungrateful to the interim board because they immediately started changing everything.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/despor...campeoes-porque-o-varandas-despediu-o-peseiro

18. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Ehh, dude 100 years old and senile. But people like him are the reason why haven't won shit in 18 years.

19. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    We've been linked to Sao Paulo wonderkid Antony. The 19 year old has been Sao Paulos best player and touted as the next big thing from Brazil. Supposedly he has a big release clause but he could come via the protocol we recently signed with Man City.

20. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Hate that idea. I really hope this "protocol" falls apart. We get no benefit from it.

21. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    It sucks if we just get crappy players and flops like in the past. But a player like him would tear this league apart and if it helps us win a title and get CL football...

22. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Really? A dude with 9 senior team appearances?

23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I didn't know he only had 9 appearances, but he was called up to the U23 team at 19 yrs old. I also have a friend whose a Sao Paulo fan and he says he's their best player.

24. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yeah I donno... Gabigol had way more credentials than him and did nothing in this league. I see no benefit in helping Man City grow their prospects.

SCP_16 repped this.
  25. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Agreed. If we're going to develop youngster, I'd rather do that with guys like Joelson.