2019/20 Sporting CP Transfer Signings/Rumours/Dealings

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, May 3, 2019.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    All 3 papers saying Eduardo is imminent. Some say 3.5M, others say 4.5M.

He's a good player, clear upgrade on Gudelj that's for sure. He's the kind of player I could see Porto getting if they sold Danilo.

2. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Rumours that we are interested in Genk midfielder Ruslan Malinovskiy. The 26 yr old is seen as a potential replacement for Bruno Fernandes. He's a Ukraine international and one of the highlights of the Belgian league, scoring 16 goals this season.

Genk is rumoured to want 10M for him. Napoli is also rumoured to be interested.

3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Gudelj says he wants to stay and the club wants him to stay, but that his club in China has the final say.

I'm not sure what people are seeing in him? Media and some fans saying he was one of our best players the last 3rd of the season, while all I saw was a guy who cant defend at defensive midfield.

Maybe if he plays further forward he might be a better player, but I'm totally unconvinced.

4. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Yea I feared this would happen.

Not only can he not defend, he's not physical enough, he doesn't have the size, he can't shoot, he can't do a goddam thing.

5. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yeah I really dont see a place for him either. Coming from China he would probably have one of the highest salaries on the squad too.

6. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    If he wants to stay:

a) the chinese club would have to release him

b) he earns 4.5m a year paid by his parent club (some people just luck out in life) if even Bruno Fernandes doesnt make that much....

7. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    More rumours:

Eduardo (Belenenses) looks set to join us for around 3M euros. Initially it seemed we were going to pay around 4.5M euros but apparently we're willing to pay 3M and include 1 or 2 players in the deal. He's been a revelation this season and at 24 years old could be a good pick up as a defensive midfielder along with Idrisa Doumbia.

Rosier (Dijon) is a RB who has been also linked to us. We were also looking at Kenny Tete from Lyon, but Rosier is an alternative which is starting to pick up steam as a potential upgrade at RB. They want around 5M euros for the player, however Dijon is playing a playoff match to determine whether they stay in Ligue 1 or go down. If they were to be relegated, we could likely get him for a lot cheaper.

8. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Rosier would be nice. I'm surprised he's going for so cheap.

9. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    If Eduardo is a DM, does that mean no Gudelj?

10. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Or Gudelj will play in Bruno's spot further forward.

11. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How good is Eduardo? Good size for a DM and pretty combative, as far as I can tell from YouTube clips. Will be nice to have an actual DM again. Battaglia going to be here next season? If so we really need to spend the BF money on getting another few creative players to make up for his absence.

12. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Eduardo has been a revelation. Its my hope he can have the same impact that Danilo had for Porto.

Theres been rumours that Battaglia has interest from Spain, namely Alaves. But his transfer value is low right now, for a player who was getting called up to Argentina NT.

He's probably really expensive but Dani Olmo is a really good player who could be a great replacement. Although I think Zagreb is asking for 20m+

13. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to know. Hope he fills that huge hole for Sporting.

Olmo has interest from some big clubs. Don't think he is an options
    I hope Battaglia stays for a year. Need a player like that to push for a title.

14. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
  15. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Rumours that Matheus Pereira is on the market for 10M euros.

He had a good spell in Germany the last few months and showed quality. He has more talent than Jovane or Diaby who were regular options for Keizer. I do hope we can give him a shot, if he explodes for us we can see way more than 10M down the road.

If we want to make more money lets finally get rid of deadweight. Petrovic for one. Alan Ruiz is returning from loan - maybe now that JJ is coaching Flamengo we can pawn him off there for a couple million.:ROFLMAO:

natenate101 repped this.
  16. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    #66 fdasilva, Jun 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    Todays Bruno Fernandes rumours:

- Tottenham looking at Bruno Fernandes as a potential replacement for Eriksen, who today said he feels its time to leave. Real Madrid could come knocking and Spurs could use the incoming funds to purchase Bruno.

- New Inter boss Conte is interested in Bruno as well and is willing to include Joao Mario in a player + cash deal.

- Wendel is being scouted by Dortmund in the Brazil U23 team

17. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Joao Mario + a player? LMFAO. Good one.

18. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Lol Tottenham is the cheapest club, no chance

Joao Mario + cash would be cool. Would be a massive salary cut for him which makes it difficult, and I doubt he'd want to come back to Portugal, but it's the perfect replacement for BF.

19. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    A Bola saying Man United is worried about these new teams entering the fray and willing to go to 80M euros. Doubt it would be straight cash, probably cash + objectives totalling 80M. But this is exactly what we need, a bidding war. :whistling:

20. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Correct. And if Man City is paying $106 for Felix, then Man U need to pay $150 for Bruno.

21. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Your right, but we all know that potential pays more than current ability in this market.

SCP_16 and SCP21 repped this.
  22. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Battaglia talking to Argentinian media saying he wouldn't mind a new challenge outside of Portugal.

Probably not the best thing to say especially with how you rescinded last year and then came back only to get injured for a whole season.

I'd sell for 10M and get a replacement.

23. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yeah, I'd honestly preferred if we moved him. Doesn't offer much offensively and is too aggressive defensively. Honestly just not a very talented player.

24. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Today's Rumour Mill:

- The main saga continues to be the future of Bruno Fernandes with the possibility of him joining Tottenham picking up steam. Both 'Record' and 'A Bola' saying Tottenham are very close to signing him, while also saying Man United wants to sign him as quick as possible. A Bola says Spurs have offered 68M euros while Record say Spurs are willing to part with between 70-80M and hope to finalize a deal after the Nations League tournament ends on Sunday. Liverpool are rumoured to also be interested, while City seems to be out of the running for now as they look at other options. Looks like there's a full-on bidding war and hopefully we stretch things out. Just a reminder we do have to pay Sampdoria 15% of any transfer profit.

- New Sevilla boss Julen Lopetegui is interested in signing Bas Dost. We are asking for 20M euros for the striker.

25. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    The latest rumour comes from the Sun in England as they say Liverpool are willing to part with 80M euros for Bruno. With the Nations League coming to an end its possible we will know for sure what his future will be this week.