2019/20 Sporting CP Transfer Signings/Rumours/Dealings

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, May 3, 2019.

1. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Yeah, you've watched him play a lot? :rolleyes:

2. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    His sister scouted him

3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Apprently we tried to cut Jese's loan but PSG refused to take him back. Ha ha

4. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Apparently Barca are in the running for Bruno. They want to sign him for next season and have him loaned to Valencia for the rest of this season as a bid to get Rodrigo from Valencia.

Sounds like a bunch of baloney but maybe it will get Man United to move their butts.

5. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That’s what I’m hoping. Mendes using this to get ManU moving and seal the deal. I don’t want BF at Barca, still want to root for the guy when he moves and that would make it impossible.

6. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Agreed.

7. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    All Portuguese outlets saying we've accepted Man United's latest bid and that the player is set to travel to Manchester tomorrow.

The rumoured bid is 55M euros up front + 10M in objectives which are apparently almost guaranteed to be achieved + 15M in other objectives. So it looks like at mininum 65M and at maximum 80M.

8. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    If the numbers are accurate then we have to move him.....Just gotta hang on the 3rd place this year without him.

9. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    lol those objectives are always hilarious. "If he wins the ballon d'or you get 15mil!!!!" sick...

10. Joe Martelo

Joe Martelo Red Card

CDC Montalegre
    Portugal
    Sep 30, 2019
    If that is true Sporting got hustled as usual. Benfica would have sold Bruno for no less than 100 million clean.

11. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yeah it'll suck without him for the next few months. But even with him we're 19 points behind 1st, not like it can get any worse. Might as well start rebuilding now.

Yeah I hope there will be a clear breakdown of the objectives when the transfer is official.

nelly29 repped this.
  12. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Benfica sold an 18 year old, Golden Boy, Euro champ starter for 35 mil. Calm down.

ScpBoy77 and nelly29 repped this.
  13. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    #488 nelly29, Jan 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    From what they say.... The first 10 Mil in objectives are attainable (so prob around 65 Mil) .. The other 15 are shall we say a pipe dream

14. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Then why agree to it? That's what I don't get. I'd rather make it 55M + 15M in obtainable objectives. 70M almost guaranteed instead of just 65M and 15M is a pipe dream.

SCP21 and nelly29 repped this.
  15. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    #490 nelly29, Jan 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    I agree but I think SCP has had Bruno on the market for well over a year waiting... for offers to rise to the value they believed he was worth.... For whatever reason this was the highest offer that has been presented? Playing on this team with no chance of winning the title and not being showcased in Champions I can't see his value increasing. The only chance of his value rising is if he looks great and dominates at Euro......Other than that his value will only go down playing on SCP longer IMHO. I would have rather kept a small % of a future transfer then the 15 Mil in objectives that will never be hit (winning golden boot, winning champions league blah blah blah)

16. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’ll really miss BF and his goals/assists/passion. Guy has earned a move to a bigger league. Well deserved. Now let’s see how the club reinvests.

nelly29 and SCP21 repped this.
  17. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    It sounds like we'll have 10% of future profit. But unless he's sold again by Man United for an insane fee we wouldn't get much.

Anyways you do have a point. Another post in this thread said Benfica would have sold for 100M. If we won the league, were regularly in CL we'd sell him too for more.

18. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Braga signing Abel Ruiz on loan from Barca with a 10M clause to buy him in the summer. We were linked to him previously. At this point Braga is capable of spending more than us...

19. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Dont worry, were looking at bringing in Derik Lacerda...

Great signing by Braga though. Ruiz and Paulinho is a pretty awesome attack.

20. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Well so long Bruno. You really can’t begrudge him this move, easily the best player in the league and he’s having to play with a completely useless team with us.

Best of luck!

natenate101 repped this.
  21. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Good for him to finally make the leap, he deserved it. Hope he does well over there.

Overall, pretty happy with the sale. Especially for the jan transfer season, it's really pretty decent. Hopefully we can bring in some talent to fill in the gaps.

22. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I heard a cagao pupil of CQ might join sporting as a forward. :D

23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    55 mill up front
    5 mill if he makes a certain # of appearances
    5 mill if Man United qualify for CL (currently 5th)
    15 mill if he achieves "individual awards"

Good luck to him and good luck to us...

24. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    One question that seems obvious to me but.......We get 5 mil if ManU makes it to champions
    I hope that 5 mil bonus for CL isn't just for this year.....I hope it will be meet if they make it any year he is there?

25. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    That would be nice but I doubt

We also have 10% of any future profit, but unless he's sold again for 100 mill i doubt that would ever be much for us.

Also 5.5 mill in agent fees (10% of the 55 mill up front).... the cost of working with Mendes