2019/20 Sporting CP Transfer Signings/Rumours/Dealings

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, May 3, 2019.

1. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    For €8 million!?

2. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    German paper Bild is reporting 9M euros. We'll wait for the confirmation.

His salary alone allows us to get 2 good players in. For half his salary we could have probably re signed Rafael Leao.

3. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    #228 ScpBoy77, Aug 17, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    We should sell Bruno for 10 mil. Classic SCP. Just straight bargains when it comes to selling players. Bas Dost has slowed down but 8 mil for a guy who scored 23 goals last year sounds like we lost that deal. I hope it's much more then what they're reporting.

4. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I can’t remember, but what did we buy him for? Was it 11m?

nelly29 repped this.
  5. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    10 Mil purchase if I recall

OndaVerde repped this.
  6. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    The guy has scored 2 goals in the last 10 official matches. Not knocking on all the goals he scored, but he just doesn't fit this tactical system if we're sticking to it.

That being said, I'm not confident Keizer stays either (depends on who else we sign and if he can pick a system and stick with it), maybe then we'll regret selling him. But if all the reports are true about his contract he's by far the highest paid player in the league and we can't afford to pay that kind of money if you're not producing. He can move and we can get in a player or two that fits.

7. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    How in the world can we possibly pay someone that much in salary? That can't be right can it?

8. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    I understand that. What I'm trying to say is, i feel 8 million is a little low for a guy who scored 23 goals last year. I know it's not the same Dost from 2 years ago but i was expecting at least 15-20 range.

9. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    #234 fdasilva, Aug 17, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    Allegedly that's how much he was offered to come back to us last year after he rescinded.

I've seen a lot of numbers, lets wait until the official confirmation. Also keep in mind any transfer money we make above 9M euros is split between the club and the banks to pay off debt.

Also those numbers are skewed - of the 15 league goals he scored last year, 8 were penalties (Bruno took over PK duty midway). That means 7 league goals from open play.

When you look at the player, the smile and positive demeanor he had was gone too ever since Alcochete, he didn't look happy playing here unfortunately.

OndaVerde and ScpBoy77 repped this.
  10. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Three main newspapers are giving different transfer fees. Record says 10M, A Bola says 9M, O Jogo saying 8M. Of course all are saying we'll "make" 20M because we save almost 12M in salaries for the remaining 2 years of his contract.

Also O Jogo says Petrovic on his way to Almeria.

So any bets as to who we may sign now?

11. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Doesn’t matter who we sign now. Petrovic will be big shoes to fill.

(I can’t believe I’m actually reading Petrovic on the way out)

12. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    LOL. This one I don't even mind giving for free. Just getting his 1.2M a year off the books is payment enough.

13. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    Didn't Keizer say Bruno Gaspar is in his plans for this season?

14. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Did he say that? I hope not. Right now we have 4 Rightbacks. I was thinking Rosier and Ristovski would be the options, Thierry gets loaned out and Gaspar sold or loaned out.

15. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    I'm almost positive i read that somewhere a few days ago. I hope it doesn't happen either. He needs to go

16. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hearing Slimani was spotted in Portugal...

17. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Would be huge if we got him. Miss someone with his level of effort on the pitch.

18. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I have a soft spot for Slimani, but his salary is probably similar to Dost. Unless he takes a massive paycut.

19. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This. And Slimani hasn't exactly been a goal machine the past few years anyway. Shouldn't we be aiming for more than Slimani and Vietto?

20. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I agree Slim isn't who he once was, but man we really need someone who cares, cause right now they're all just out there grabbing a pay cheque That's what make players like him and Adrien so valuable, not super talented but you can guarantee they'll leave everything on the pitch.

natenate101 repped this.
  21. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    On the official site Bas Dost is already gone from the squad list. Any minute now...

Hopefully with the 9 or 10M plus the salary room we can move for a mobile striker who can link up better with the squad. I also feel like the extra salary space will be used to try and give Bruno a new contract. A just reward for the 2x league MVP.

Would also be nice if someone wanted to pick up Diaby and we could sign a winger to replace him. Just sayin'

22. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    Won't they need to spend the saved salary on Bruno's 5 mil bonus? If he is staying I think the rejected offer means he gets PAID a big bonus.....that sucks

This sale may have more to do with that 5 mil bonus than we think?

23. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Was that clause ever confirmed? Just heard rumours about it and never from a good source.

24. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    #249 fdasilva, Aug 19, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    Its been also rumoured that we might try and negotiate a new contract and a higher salary instead of paying the 5m in a lump sum.

Anyways, let the rumour mill begin. Italian media linking us to 24 yr old Fiorentina striker Giovani Simeone, son of Atletico coach Diego. He's been a starter for them the last 2 seasons but could be transferred or loaned out as he's lost his starting spot. Its said they want 12M for him, but historically we have good ties with Fiorentina.

25. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon