2019-20 Development Academy

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by TheFalseNine, Jul 17, 2019.

1. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
  2. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Good hire, right? Former head of FC Delco?

3. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  4. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pl@ymaker repped this.
  5. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    be nice if LAG starts getting some kids in the Mexican setup to return to the US setup like FCD has done recently. A result of the brothers no longer being there whispering like Wormtongue to the kids and their parents?

6. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Week 9:

Week 7 and 8 were skipped due to the lack of games.

Allan Legaspi ('06) started playing up a year for the LAG U-15's. He's started twice for the U-15's so far this season. He's listed as a defender.

Daniel Rios ('03) played 90 minutes playing up a year for the Houston Dynamo U-19's. He's played 3 games (3 starts), and has 1 goal. He wears the #10 for the U-17's, so it seems like he's an attacking midfielder. I may have seen him play before (I probably did), but I can't say I have much to say, so I'm thinking thats not a good thing, but I don't want to say that for sure because I don't know.

Michael Halliday ('03) started and played 90 minutes for the Orlando City U-19's playing up a year. He's played in all seven games this season (7 starts). He's full time in the higher age group, except for GA Cup. I'm a fan. Good RB prospect IMO.

Serge Ngoma ('05) started and played 67 minutes for the NYRB U-17's playing up an age group. He's played 5 games (4 starts) for the U-17's this season. I've seen him play very briefly. I don't believe he's a top level prospect, but I'd like to see more before being more sure about that.

Bajung Darboe ('06) scored for the Minnesota United U-17's playing up two age groups. He's played 6 games (6 starts) for the U-17's, and has two goals. Big time prospect IMO. I haven't seen much of the 06's, but I doubt there are many better players in this age group.

Matthew Roou ('03) scored his first two goals of the season for the Shattucks St. Mary's U-19's playing up an age group. He's played 5 games (5 starts). He also has played once this season for the U-17's, but should be playing with the U-19's full time. He's one of the best prospects in the system that doesn't play for an MLS academy. He did this against a St. Louis FC team that fared well in the DA playoffs last season, and is a very hard team to play against.

On the St. Louis FC side of things, Jack Wagoner ('04) started and played 90 playing up an age group. Wagoner has played 2 games (1 start) for the U-19's this season. He's played 7 games (7 starts) with 1 goal in his own age group.

Caden Clark ('03) started and played 90 for the Barca Academy U-19's playing up an age group. He's played five games (5 starts) and has 1 goal for the U-19's. He actually hasn't played any games for the U-17's, so it seems like this might be his permanent age group for this season, even though he's U-17 eligible.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  7. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    @ussoccer97531

Have you seen 2002 Aaron Edwards play? He was with De Anza Force and this year with the San Jose Earthquakes. Someone said he just agreed to play for the UCLA Bruins next year on his social media.

Interesting player. He has 4 goals in 5 games with the Quakes U-19s. Very explosive player with elite speed and strength. He reminds me of Clint Dempsey in the fact that he can look very lazy at times and then just drop your jaw with a fantastic piece of skill out of nowhere. I have no idea how much dedication he has to soccer but I’d rate his upside higher than Fuentes or Cowell offensively. He does have a hot temper that gets him in trouble sometimes and I’ve gotten the impression that his coach subs him off before he picks up a red card.

8. Diceshooter

Diceshooter New Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Atlanta
    I know you weren't asking me but I REALLY like his game. I saw him with DeAnza last year. Elite physical tools plus a mind for the game. Also, he plays the game the right way, not selfish, and didn't care who got the credit.

jeff_adams and Stupid_American repped this.
  9. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I believe I have. Did he play for De Anza in the playoffs last season? It looks like he did and I didn’t even note that he was a real prospect. That could be an oversight on my part, but I can’t say that I was impressed and I was trying hard to find a few good players in that team.

10. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    He seems like a bit of a strange character. It looks like the Quakes play him as a right winger and he wears #3. He can be totally lazy and basically just standing around watching the teams play and then suddenly decide he wants to try. When he turns on it is stunning. If I find video of him in a Quake’s jersey I’ll post it.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  11. Jack0503

Jack0503 Member

Liverpool FC
    Sep 24, 2018
    Philadelphia Union 17s beat nycfc 6-1, jack McGlynn 03 had a hat trick, nick Pariano jack jasinski and Nelson Pierre 05 had the other goals. Union finish the DA cup 8 wins and 0 losses

12. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    I feel sorry for the teams drawn in their group next round in Florida. Only group winners advance to final round.

Jack0503 and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  13. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Week 10:

Matai Akinmboni ('06) started playing up an age group for the DC United U-15's. This was his third start of the season for the U-15's. Alessandro Maldonado ('06) also started playing up an age group. Maldonado has played 4 games (2 starts) with the U-15's.

Bento Estrela ('06) starting playing up an age group for the NYRB U-15's. He's played 5 games (2 starts) for the U-15's, and has 1 goal.

Kevin Paredes ('03) started playing up an age group for the DC United U-19's. He had DC United's only goal. Paredes has played 8 games (8 starts) and has 4 goals for the U-19's.

Patrick Bohui ('03) started playing up an age group for the Philadelphia Union U-19's. He's played 3 games (1 start) for the U-19's, and has one goal on the season. Dante Huckaby ('03) also started in this game. He's played 8 games (8 starts) for the U-19's, and has 1 goal.

Daniel Edelman ('03) started playing up an age group for the PDA U-19's. Edelman has played 6 games (6 starts) for the U-19's. He has 1 start and 1 goal for the U-17's.

Angel Gael Medrano Mayorga ('06) started playing up an age group for the Philadelphia Union U-15's and scored. Mayorga has played 7 games (7 starts) for the U-15's and has 3 goals. Aaron Heard ('06) also started playing up an age group. He has played 8 games (8 starts) for the U-15's, and has 2 goals. They played NYCFC. Mark Cajamarca ('06) started playing up an age group for the NYCFC U-15's. Cajamarca has played 9 games (8 starts) for the U-15's.

Solomon Straub ('06), Sho Luke Haggerty and Micah Burton all started for the Minnesota United U-15's playing up an age group. Straub has played 7 games (6 starts) for the U-15's and has 1 goal, Haggerty has played 7 games (7 starts) for the U-15's and Burton has played 7 games (6 starts) for the U-15's and has 4 goals.

don Lamb, Pl@ymaker and Winoman repped this.
  14. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    @watke made a bunch of videos from the GA Cup qualifying. I'd endorse watching all of them. If you are to watch one, watch this one from Clarke. If you aren't to even watch the full video, go to :10 seconds to see his incredible recovery speed block a shot, :25 seconds where he plays an incredibly good diagonal (that wasn't completed because the player stopped running) with his weak foot, and then the end of the sequence starting at 1:08 where he pulls off a pirouette move to collect the ball facing his own goal with an onrushing attacker.

1191861510294900736 is not a valid tweet id

15. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Quinn Sullivan against RSL. Worth watching. He was great in this game.

1192127427364970497 is not a valid tweet id

USSoccerNova, butters59 and don Lamb repped this.
  16. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Is he always playing on the wings?

17. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    They use him all over. I’ve seen as a CF, also as a winger. I think I might’ve seen him play a game at CAM as well (where I think he’ll eventually play as a pro.)

Positionally, I think this is pretty similar to what we see with Reyna and Freeman. He can play a lot of positions, and there’s no reason at youth level to not move players around.

butters59 repped this.
  18. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    San Jose Earthquakes beat the LA Galaxy U-19s 3-2 today in LA. They started 3 players born in 2003. 03 Branden Zelaya scored in the second minute and 03 Cade Cowell scored in the 17th minute. 03 Turan Karumanchi went 90 minutes for SJ.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  19. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    Luksarus, Pl@ymaker and USSoccerNova repped this.
  20. Jack0503

Jack0503 Member

Liverpool FC
    Sep 24, 2018
    Union 17s had a good weekend, Saturday they beat pda 5-1, goals scored by Paxton Aaronson, Caden stafford 2, nick Pariano, and an own goal. On Sunday they beat pa classics 5-1, goals scored by Caden stafford 2, Anthony Ramirez, Sean Bettenhausen, and Brandan Craig on a pk

Pl@ymaker and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  21. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Pegasus and bpet15 repped this.
  22. jeff_adams

jeff_adams Member+

Dec 16, 1999
    Monterey, Ca
    Rumor I heard was the Quakes sort of freaked out when he traveled to a preseason tournament in China with their U-15 team and European scouts were very, very interested in him. He’s had agents contacting him already.

ussoccer97531, butters59 and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  23. STANDFAST

STANDFAST Member

United States
    Jun 8, 2018
    If he doesn't have an EU passport he couldn't play in Europe until 18 anyway and even then his opportunities would be limited to only certain countries. This does seem like an odd signing. The Gabriel Slonina signing by the Fire at least made a bit more sense because he could go to Europe at 16. But so much changes with these kids at this age it seems like an investment coin toss to sign a 14 year old to "protect" against poaching from European team that can't happen for 3 1/2 years.

24. bpet15

bpet15 Member+

Oct 4, 2016
    He's a very good GK and a very good prospect. However, you are right about the coin toss. I get the feeling that some of these clubs are signing young players just to say, we are signing young players.