2018 World Cup Group Thread

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by usfan1234, Nov 14, 2017.

1. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I get it...I've been to Peru and stayed there with a Peruvian family for all of 2 weeks. Had a great time and met some amazing people/friends....although I was surprised at their perception of Colombians (not a good one), even though most had never even been to the country and like you, feel we have many more synergies than rivalry.

Anyhow, I know they're excited about their amazing ride...

Yordy Reina is another player who would've been a great option up front but seems to have been at the wrong place at the wrong time----sounds like he's in some deep trouble....they have a pretty solid bunch, but have very little depth in so many positions---they need every guy they can get.

ryu79 and krass repped this.
  2. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    #152 SiempreCrema, Jan 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    You have the courtesy to talk about our chances without even knowing a thing about us? Yordi Reyna is in huge trouble at the moment and won't be going to the World Cup. Also, those 3 players you mentioned in your previous post - Teo, Bacca and Jackson. Don't even compare, Teo is not a very good player nor is Bacca. Jackson was in 2014, so I'll give it to you there. Our backup striker? Jefferson Farfan who is heads and shoulders over those 3.

Guerrero is back thankfully but I would only have been worried if Farfan missed the world cup. We are NOT a one man team like you seem to think. Yordi Reyna isn't even in the top 5 of our most exciting talents, so I'm sorry but you are 100% wrong here

The only place where we have little depth is in the full back position. 2 great players there but Corzo and Loyola are Peruvian league level at best IMO. Maybe in left wing as well but I'd argue we have at least 1 solid backup everywhere else.

3. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    who the heck is making a comparison vs your players, let alone putting them down? What a silly thing to say...you like to troll much? I didnt say you were a 1 man team. You're the one making a claim and putting words out of context. When Guerrero was supposedly out of WC2018 due to all the issues we know about, I mentioned that was a huge knock for Peru similar to when we missed out on Falcao. Your own press was adamant about saying the same (with the exception of using Falcao as the reference ).

It's not rocket science. No other player from Peru requires the same type of designation. Cueva, Flores, Carillo, Farfan and a couple others that make up a solid 11 have been instrumental to the success of your WC participation but it was Guerrero who has never changed his disposition on the field. I mean a year ago, Farfan wasn't even part of your discussions on your forums based on his declining form. But Guerrero always put the team on his shoulders, even in the toughest of situations.

It's not only his knack for scoring goals that I have praise for but it's his spirit, big set of cojones and giving it his max that impresses --that will mark a difference in a tight match or tournament like the World Cup . And then you go comparing a traditional winger (Farfan) to 3 strikers? What's your point? All 3 of those you mention have had exceptional careers and Euro success. I'm not a Teo fanboy but it takes very little to realize he offers something that's not easily had...goals. And he's scored for some big clubs and NT. Outside of Guerrero How many strikers does Peru have currently who have Teo's trajectory that are in your current NT?

Prior to all this legal stuff he's involved in, you guys had high expectations. He was back in form with a strong MLS contract and becoming a major player for his squad and why not the NT. After all, you had lost Manco years ago and like Manco, knew Yordy had a pretty high ceiling. He's fast, good dribbling and 1 v 1 skills and a good vision for the field. To say he was not a top 5 talent in his given position is not being honest. Why else would Gareca call him up for the NT? What all 5 exciting forwards in front of him were in inured/out too?

I would think you would consider that Colombia has a bit more recent World Cup experience. And we lack plenty of depth in several positions. Doesn't mean we don't have great talent/back up to make 2 squads but ultimately your starting 11 is there for a reason. Very few NTs have enough of a talent pool to be truly deep in every position and compete at the highest level in this type of tournament. And even those WC traditional powers have their limitations --see Argentina for reference.

4. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Farfan over Bacca? nope.

5. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    You have a lot more world cup experience than us - not a bit. We haven't experienced it as fans, manager or players in 36 years so I think you're being a bit generous with us there. Appreciate it but realism is a good thing.

And I'm not trolling but you said that our situation is not like Falcao - which I can correct you and tell you it very much is because Farfan is almost as good as Guerrero technically. He lacks the leadership and mental abilities of Paolo but he's still a top player as a 9.

You are wrong on Yordi Reyna though. He hasn't been an "exciting prospect" since 2015. Pedro Aquino, Edison Flores, Renato Tapia, Miguel Araujo and Roberto Villamarin are all much more exciting than him, and have been the last 2 years.

6. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    @jevoman, Marketing.

7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah all peruvians are better than bacca and have more than this achievements:

Tipico de @SiempreCrema que se va al foro de peru a tirar mier,da de colombia y aca a hacerse el amigo............pero sabemos lo que escribes en otros lados

No hay nada mas aburrido que ese nacionalismo pensado en descreditar otros equipos

Want to know if farfan has all that achievements that thhese bad players has.....or yes he is peruvian so he is better

upload_2018-1-24_16-16-58.png

The same for teo:

upload_2018-1-24_16-17-49.png

Jackson:

upload_2018-1-24_16-21-2.png

Farfan all individual achievements are related with peru or with a month:

upload_2018-1-24_16-21-55.png

Yeah but the colombians are the bad platyers.......without achievement......no matter if they were elected more than once between the best players f their continental torunament or league

Dont understan the logic

Cruzifero, kromekote and Doogs repped this.
  8. Flipmode2000

Flipmode2000 Member

Feb 28, 2012
    USA -Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I've had two Peruvians bet met that Peru will go further than Colombia and I have obviously accepted the bets. Easy Money !

Froboy69 and Doogs repped this.
  9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Maybe they can suceeded are not a bad team.......but is so funny how they discredit other teams and the players........when can be more succesful than them

kromekote repped this.
  10. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I actually like Pero and hope they do well.

Doogs and pepinointer repped this.
  11. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Yo no dije nada malo de Colombia. Solo dije que estaba equivocado. Tranquilo. Lo de Teo y Bacca es mi opinión.

12. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #162 pepinointer, Jan 24, 2018
    Si pero a veces cuando la opinion es exclusiva para descreditar jugadores ignorando sus reconocimientos que defitnitivamente van mas alla de ser "el mehjor jugador Colombiano en el extranjero" o el mejor jugador del mes de su club...

No recuerdo un peruano o farfan siendo fichaje mas valioso de la liga española en los ultimos 5 años, ni en el equipo ideal de la serie a, ni siendo nombrado el mejor jugador de la liga portuguesa, ni el mejor jugador en el continente, tampoco siendo el jugador mas valioso de la europa league, mejor jugador iberoamericano de la liga bbva........logros que tienen esos 3 malos jugadores.

Osea en verdad si gente que ocupa estos reconocimeintos no son tan buenos jugadores que quedaran para los otros.........

A veces por arrogancia y nacionalismose descredita tanto.

dapip repped this.
  13. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Farfan estuvo en equipo del año de la Bundesliga 2 veces creo. Pero eso no importa - lo unico que importa para mi es lo que ve el ojo y Teofilo Gutierrez nunca me ha gustado. No en Junior, no en Racing, River o Sporting. Carlos Bacca me gustaba antes que llego al Milan. En su momento dije que es un buen fichaje pero despues me di cuenta que empezo a bajar un poco.

Nose que es de Jackson estos dias pero el siempre me ha parecido bueno.

14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Si los logros de los jugadores no importan si no son peruanos.

15. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Tranquilo :laugh: a mi me da igual los logros de jugadores si son peruanos colombianos o de bhutan. Pizarro es el goleador historico extranjero de la bundesliga, y mas me gusta Guerrero hasta en el maximo momento de ambos, un jugador que tiene logro de equipo y no individual.

Y ademas, yo dije que esos 2 jugadores no me gustan. Teo en particular, que siempre me parecio un favorito de Pekerman y no entendi porque. Nunca me parecio a nivel de seleccion Colombia. No es que sea colombiano, tiene que ver que no me parece bueno.

Los delanteros colombianos son buenos pero esos 2 no me gustan para nada. Es mi opinion.

16. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Para dejar un ejemplo: Julian Quiñones. Un indisciplando pero lo veo futuro. Lo estoy sigueindo en Lobos BUAP y creo que puede ser importante para Tigres en unos 2-3 años. Hasta el proximo quiza.

Aviles Hurtado me gusta, aunque no es delantero delantero.

Y mi favorito es Omar Fernandez, que jugo en Melgar y para mi fue el mejor jugador de nuestra liga.

Nose si son mejores que Bacca ahorita pero un dia yo creo que si seran.

17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hay que seguir la actualidad de los jugadores:

Bacca tiene una magnifica temporada lleva 10 goles esta temporada con villareal y avrias asistencias. Sus comentarios son buenisimo.

Creo que estas comparando con jugadores que defnitivamente no son de la misma clase......casi absurdo

No creo que ningun jugador de esos pueda jugar de titular en un equipo top 5 de la liga español.

En la ultima gira que llamaron a aviles y a bacca.........Bacca hizo 1 gol y 3 asistencias..........aviles nada

En la liga mexicana ya tenemos probado que los juagdores poco evolucinaron

Omar Fernandez ese ni jugo aqui en la a.......

Esos 4 por mi los regalo honestamente.

18. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Omar va estar en tu seleccion un dia. Ya hizo el paso a Mexico y empezo bien.

Me hubiera encantado que se nacionalize como peruano y juegue para nosotros pero no fue.

Si, esos 3 no estan a la misma clase, pero me gustan su estilo de juego mas que Bacca. Aviles ya esta viejo pero Julian tiene futuro, si se cuida.

19. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Farfan is like 50 bro....

Only player id take from Peru is the goalie....

Guerro is as good as Teo ans
    Teo is debateable but Bacca you can’t honestly say anyone in Peru is at his level. How old is Farfan ? 35?!!!!!!

Peru qualified on the biggest Bs of all time!!! Why are you coming here and starting stuff?

As for Omar Fernandez he is 5’5 and 25 in 3 weeks.... you can nationalize him if you’d like.

20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Omar lo sigo desde academia.que es un equipo me gustaba por su organización....si pintaba bien y es talentoso....pero para los que nos contextualizamos es el tipico jugador "bueno" rolo........ @dapip @Baal88 que tiene un problema para llenar el tanque

Julian no me importa desde la vez que empezo a jugar cuchillos con un compañero

SiempreCrema repped this.
  21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    :sick:

We were the goods until this post .

now you won @SiempreCrema :p

Doogs, J-Mezzy, Baal88 and 1 other person repped this.
  22. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Julian tiene talento pero tiene pinta de ser el Balotelli de Colombia. Espero que no, muy buen jugador aereo y es capaz de llevarse a su hombre.

23. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #173 Baal88, Jan 24, 2018
    I really liked Frasica, he seems like a decent kid with outstanding ball control and balls, to be honest, it's a shame that he is so frail. Reminds me of Darwin Quintero in a lot of things. I just don't see him Ever playing for the NT, even when I appreciate his talent a lot. We have better and younger guys than him. But Who knows, depending on Who is our Next coach after the world cup he could be considered.

I've only heard good things of Julián as a striker, and him failing miserably with the U20 was due to the genius we had as a coach, Who played him as a winger when he is an out and out striker. He does seem to be an asshole and a bit nocive to a team, not sure if he Will Ever play for the senior team, a lot of things would have to change for him to even be considered.

I understand why some people don't like Teo, he isn't particularly fast, strong or consistent in front of goal, but he gives a lot to the team, his creativity and first touch are leagues above all our strikers, he plays well with his back to the goal and can play well as the lone striker or as a false Nine with another striker. That's why I Will always want a Teo in my team even when I think he is a complete moron.

I've always been a Big fan of Guerrero, I wish he played for Colombia, you can have Frasica and Quiñones and give us Guerrero, even at 33 years old I'd take him.

ryu79, pepinointer and dapip repped this.
  24. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Lol ???

sidspaceman repped this.
  25. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    lol no se porque le discuten a ese man por cierto, cuando uno usa ese argumento ya es fin de la conversacion...
    yo por ejemplo pienso que Teo es mejor que Thomas Muller porque well...
    es mi opinion

ryu79, kromekote, Doogs and 2 others repped this.