2018 WCQ: Mexico vs Honduras 6 September 2018

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Narc83, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I would gladly take osorio from you guys. 7-0 that can happen to anyone really. The guy seems knowledgeable and is not afraid to try players.

lucas barton, ipaman and Sleepy Spaceman repped this.
  2. danny_c

danny_c Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I fully expect Jona, Gio, and Vela to be called in for the hexagonal. As bad as the media and some of you make them seem they are still levels above what we currently are fielding. I will take one perfectly placed ball from Vela over a million crosses to no one from Layun anyday!

Another thing that seems to be pissing me off when I watch the game is that everyone thinks they are forwards, I blatantly watch dudes abandon their position and make a run as a forward shit even Moreno was up in the front yesterday. Then the counter attack comes and we get caught with our pants down.

Robertinho21, Narc83 and DankYummy repped this.
  3. hausen

hausen Member+

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The problem is not so much the 7-0 imo; sure, it was a slap in the face, but I think what worries us most is he seems to still be using his same strategies. Most of the matches consist of the first 45 minutes being a disaster- a half wasted, players running around like headless chickens trying to figure out what's going on, Osorio trying to figure out a new game plan at half time, and pulling out a win in the second half (or not a win, as we saw last night). The team continues looking like a disaster waiting to happen.

Before the 7-0 happened, many of us on here knew that the team was playing pretty shitty, regardless of pulling out wins. It was only a matter of time before we would face a worthy opponent and get completly exposed, which was what happened with Chile.

There are managers who can make a decent squad play great together (Leicester last season). There are those who can make a decent squad play decent (your usual mid table teams). Osorio is making a decent squad look like shit (Van Gaal with Man U).. we've been squeezing out some results but the play has been pretty bad and everyone knows it; there's some sort of negative vibes in the air and fans aren't even expecting much anymore. I don't think this will end pretty.

sowrong and DankYummy repped this.
  4. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    This is how modern futbol is played.

5. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We've been eeking out results against teams that field players with less individual talent that our players. We should really be breezing by these teams, like we did against Honduras a few months ago.

El Azteca really has been tough to us lately though... wtf

6. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    My Takes:
    Zaldivar is the truth
    Orbelin changed the dynamic of the game
    Aquino is definitely needed on the wings and wasn't really out-muscled

Mid field:
    everyone was trash

Defense:
    I now understand why Porto keeps loaning out/benching Reyes. He needs to be quicker on the ball and stop coughing it up to the opponent.

7. CheesusCrust

CheesusCrust Member

Nov 5, 2015
    Kepler 22B
    Club:
    --other--
    Not to put all the blame on Osorio, but his "trying" of players, contributed to that 7-0 along with prior games leading up that.

El Jalisciense repped this.
  8. Sleepy Spaceman

Sleepy Spaceman Member+

Nov 6, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Our problems would be solved if we had a decent midfield.

Herrera is a turnover machine and Guardado is so limited.

Who's going to step up at CDM because Osorio is trying everything.

Overachiever, DankYummy and DaTruth repped this.
  9. hausen

hausen Member+

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Reporter went ham
    3:30 -->

10. Sanchito

Sanchito Member+

Jul 15, 2005
    an island in my mind
    He handled it well...using quotes and standing on the shoulders of giants to make them was lame af.

11. ipaman

ipaman Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    HOUSTON, TX
    No he went full retard. Never go full retard.

Yes he did and it's one reason I think he's a good fit in Mexico. He doesn't take the bait and get petty like these shitty reporters are used to seeing. What I like about his approach is that he understands that if he stops his rotations, they'll complain about lack of new players, squad is tired, etc... If he tried new things and new players, they'll bitch about not having a base. It's all bullshit and you can't bullshit a bullshiter. JCO can dish it out even more eloquently than these fools and he does it so passive aggressively it puts these reporters in a tough spot.

12. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I disagree, i lost interest after the first quote.

Y tu mama tambien repped this.
  13. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    #388 metalmaster, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    Most reporters in Mexico don't shit but they think they are better coaches.

On the other hand, the constant rotations have a limit.. Maybe for these last games he had to due to the injuries, but at some point I think it would be better to stick to a core group of players..This guy ain't dumb, though. He is doing what's necessary to qualify, and he will probably stop these rotations once the qualification is in the bag and the goal is to do well at the W.C.

Serg33, DankYummy, JJV1994 and 3 others repped this.
  14. SGuerrilla

SGuerrilla Member+

Sep 8, 2014
    en la cueva
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Estan tapados?

15. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Moreno, Layun, Aguilar, Herrera, Guardado, Corona and CH14 are the spine of the team.

That's seven out of 11 field players. Anyone who actually believes playing Diego Reyes in a position he's more than familiar with on the club and NT level or changing three or four players from game to game is the reason for this slump is most likely the same kind of fan who bitched at Chepo for always trotting out the same starting XI and his predictable substitution patterns.

A guy that lead Costa Rica to close up shop vs England, Italy and Uruguay in the World Cup and finish in the top 8.......surely he couldn't conjure up a plan to clog the passing lanes against a Mexican side with most of its offensive weapons out of commission. lol

Todo lo del pobre es robado.....no credit to Honduras and their game plan and an increasing inability to simply understand the trends of modern day soccer. Mexico has been struggling at Azteca for nearly a decade now, regardless of the players on the field or the coach on the sidelines.

Lukato, spguy, ipaman and 6 others repped this.
  16. JJV1994

JJV1994 Member+

Jun 16, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #391 JJV1994, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    We were missing Chicharito, Jimenez, Corona & the other Goal Scorer Damm.

Those are huge major losses. Not to mention Honduras attacked way more in that game.
    Thus leaving themselves open to counters and 1v1 defending situations .

Lol it's like you are a FB fan or something.
    Come on Bro :thumbsup:

17. JJV1994

JJV1994 Member+

Jun 16, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Place any two Mexican forwards who are not aerial threats or even worse tiny Men with Woman bodies in the 18 yard box.

And you will see them being dominated time & time again.

This should really not surprise anyone.
    I mean unless you are @Brmw9 :coffee:

Narc83 repped this.
  18. cv11

cv11 Member

Feb 8, 2016
    I just want to see Vela play again. All he needs to do is cross to either jimenez and Chicharito all game and itll bemore effective than any player playing as a right winger recently. :cry:
    :cry:

Robertinho21, DankYummy and JJV1994 repped this.
  19. DaTruth

DaTruth Member+

Jul 15, 2007
    IE, Cali
    Im with Osorio til the end. He should only be fired if we dont make the WC.

I dont agree with the rotations but he, i hope, has weeded out some players that don't belong in the NT

Sleepy Spaceman, Sanchito and JJV1994 repped this.
  20. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Three out of our first four Hex matches are on the road. I say he goes if we don't take at least 6 points from the first four games...

DaTruth, DankYummy and JJV1994 repped this.
  21. JJV1994

JJV1994 Member+

Jun 16, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Crosses to midget, weak Cheech in a packed 18 Yard Box is pointless.

I mean seriously what do you want a brother to do. When he is being shadowed by 2 or 3 dudes who are 4-7 inches taller than him?

This was the plan all game long in the last HEX and we struggled to the point where we were eliminated until Suzi saved us.

22. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Rotations have a place, but this is hindering chemestry.

The midfield is awful and someone needs to step up at dmid asap. Torrado with all his flaws is really missed. The crossing attacks are also too overused because Guardado and to a lesser extend HH aren't very creative down the middle the latter mostly because he doesnt pass fast enough. Guardis has looked poor lately and he offers little physical presence.

A mid of HH and Jona as CMs would be better the question is who isthe dmid? Guemez gallo guardado reyes?

Gio should be called Vela is still not in form.

Kaney, DankYummy and JJV1994 repped this.
  23. rich loc

rich loc Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So he was like "Sir Alex Ferguson told me to tell you, "go fu#k yourself."

JJV1994 and Sanchito repped this.
  24. Sleepy Spaceman

Sleepy Spaceman Member+

Nov 6, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Why is the constant rotations seen as bad thing?

This guy is not familiar with our players or the league.

There's nothing with exploring all options and seeing what works and what doesn't.

DankYummy and JJV1994 repped this.
  25. MalboroDude

MalboroDude Member+

May 31, 2006
    LookingToProperlyIntroduceMyselfToAnIcelandicGirl
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We all know Mexicans don't poop.

Shit just evaporates.

:cool:

Kaney, LGRod, metalmaster and 2 others repped this.