2018 Season Roster Thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by puttputtfc, Jan 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well technically TUoA, but who really needs to correct their fellow poster on such silly things?

2. ibrew

ibrew Member+

Feb 3, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I get that he's not producing the stats that we want, but he usually creates 1 or 2 very good chances for others in games, often ones that should have been converted, but we just haven't been converting them. He wins a fair number of free kicks and generally doesn't turn the ball over like Hansen and Argudo. His crosses are generally very good. Mullins appears to be a very good aerial threat. That could be a good combination especially when both Mullins and Gyassi are in the box at the same time. Yes, he goes down a lot, but my guess is that 3/4 of the time he draws the foul.

He is very successful winning a corner or getting a high quality cross in when he's played into space, but Trapp is often the only one who plays him that ball and it only happens 1 or 2 times per game if at all.

3. ibrew

ibrew Member+

Feb 3, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

*it must be an elbow punch

4. ibrew

ibrew Member+

Feb 3, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    #904 ibrew, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    Would precourt eat money to replace one of our 3 DP's? Could we have gotten better DP's if we were willing to spend more money? And also, how do we know, that The 3G doesn't have to have his moves on TAM/GAM approved by AP?

5. ibrew

ibrew Member+

Feb 3, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I tried but failed to find the clip of Greg Marmalard from Animal House strangling and punching the teddy bear so you'll just have to imagine it.

Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  6. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This part of your post is incorrect.
    The correct answer is Worthington.

7. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I’m going to go with Dublin all things considered

redi44crew and Robbiegoal repped this.
  8. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UA
    all the way.

9. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    I get the feeling Canton won't win this little contest.

kgilbert78 and Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  10. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not unless you like to commute to Columbus from Canton daily.

11. Tobias C

Tobias C Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 6, 2014
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Steffen obviously has a future in Europe and I wouldn't want to hold him back as he has served us well and his future development will be important to the USMNT. I understand not accepting Bristol Citys offer though. They, or somebody else will cough up a little more money. I just hope he stays with us through this season and playoff run.....and ideally would love to see the team get sold before Steffens sold so Precourt doesnt benefit.

I dont think Wil Trapp leaves for Europe so long as the Crew stays. Hes in his mid-twenties now and while having plenty of good years to look forward too...hes not a kid that a European club will snatch up, develop and make a bigger talent. I think hes pretty much as high as hes going to get. Since hes such a hometown guy and the personification of the Columbus Crew.....if the team were to get ripped away to Texas, I could see Trapp declining to play for any other MLS team out of loyalty and trying his hand somewhere like the Championship or as someone mentioned, the Eredivisie. As long as were going to Save The Crew....and we are....it makes the most sense for him to save it with us....and solidify his legacy as a legendary Crew player and longtime MLS star. New ownership would see to it that hes compensated deservedly.

jairadballerina and Ch(Elsey) repped this.
  12. Tobias C

Tobias C Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 6, 2014
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has anybody heard anything else about that Robinho kid from Brazil were rumored to be interested in?

Hard to find much information on him. Most places I see him listed as a forward. Transfermarket has him as being an attacking midfielder. With Zardes and Mullins already holding down our center forward spot, and Robinho looking to be like 5'9" I'm assuming Gregg would see him as more of an attacking player from the wing. From what I've read, the guys scored 6 goals so far in the Brazilian Serie C, for whatever that's worth....and some Serie A teams like Cruziero are interested as well.

I dont think Santos is going anywhere til at least the end of the season and I dont think hell even lose his starting spot until at least next year. Gregg has to prepare for the future though and the young wingers haven't shown enough thus far. We already have 3 wingers in Santos, Meram, and Grella hovering around 30 years old....so I guess it makes sense to bring in another young guy to compete with the others and to see if he can be our next big thing. Doesn't sound like hes going to come cheap though....and I dont know if we would spend 7 figure money bringing somebody in who wont be starting soon or immediately.

13. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    puttputtfc, CrewV Man and the_rickler repped this.
  14. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dublin isn't even a suburb anymore. With more than 100K residents it's a full blown city unto itself.

15. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Meram number 9 again?

17. runningoz

runningoz Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Looks like it

18. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He doesn't have a roster number anymore, so I guess not. Did someone have to go to make room for Meram?

Abu may have been the worst player on the entire roster. Glad we'll not see him get any more minutes down the stretch.

Draghignazzo repped this.
  20. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good news everybody, the English transfer window has closed, and it looks like Trapp and Steffen are still with the Crew.

Obviously they could go elsewhere in Europe, since other windows don't close til the end of the month, but odds are we'll still have both by the end of the season.

21. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    1027681927950749696 is not a valid tweet id

Robbiegoal and crew2112 repped this.
  22. runningoz

runningoz Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Hell, might as well at this point.

hangthadj repped this.
  23. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it sufficient to respond in the negative on here or should I also respond on Twitter?

24. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #PlayTilTheWhistle

25. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    I didn't know you were a Kevin Ellis fan.

CrewV Man and chr1st repped this.