2018 Season Roster Thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by puttputtfc, Jan 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would imagine he got paid more and still wanted to try and make europe work.

SourCream&OnionUtd repped this.
  2. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Would should of just kept Meram. I was ok with Ola for Zardes. But I prefer Meram to Piatti because he is younger and cheaper.

3. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    1011275515666292736 is not a valid tweet id

Was Steffen always scheduled for surgery, or is this new news.

This is bad....

4. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Patrick Murphy‏ @_Pat_Murphy 12m12 minutes ago
    Gregg Berhalter said today that #CrewSC goalkeeper Zack Steffen had a operation on his knee (meniscus). Said he should be out a week or two. Said the Galaxy game on July 7 is TBD for Steffen’s return.

5. DOGSO

DOGSO Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jan 24, 2018
    Columbus, OH
    Meniscus surgery is usually a minor thing anymore. The 1 to 2 weeks recovery is pretty standard and indicates that it isn't anything major. Not sure why you think this is bad unless you think this was done to facilitate a move?

Pauncho and SourCream&OnionUtd repped this.
  6. DAK77

DAK77 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Merion Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shows you how things have changed. I tore my meniscus in 1995 and after my surgery I was in a brace that went from mid calf to mid thigh for a couple weeks. I was told to stay away from soccer for like 8 weeks.

7. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Is this guy any good? Seems like Jhon Murillo would be a good fit out of all the rumors.

9. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    With Sosa on board we will never get or need Geovane unless Higuain is seriously injured or retires early

10. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Can you update this? Wondering if we really can get a striker and a winger

11. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    We still after this guy?

12. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    This guy still a target ?

13. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    This would be our best option for a 2nd striker however he may need to start but both him and Zardes could also play on the wing since GB unlikely to use two strikers although the 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 wouldn’t be a bad form

14. Tobias C

Tobias C Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 6, 2014
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that rumor is way outdated....and I think he would be slightly too high of a profile player to ride the bench as depth to Gyasi.

Murillo is the most logical/believable rumor as we were interested and made offers for him in the past....and the latest talk has him claiming he's interested in going to MLS and that theres just one MLS team interested in him. I would take him in a heart beat.

That Frankowski dude in Poland is the most recent player weve been reported to have interest in... along with Chicago, but that guy might have better prospects than us....seeing as he had interest in Turkey (and Turkey is a big league).

We need someone though. I dont see Santos, Hansen, Martinez, or Argudo finding their scoring boots anytime soon. At this point im wondering when Opoku will get a run of games. He was the higher drafted and more touted draft pick and showed well in preseason. Argudo seems to be getting all the minutes. Grella is also a seasoned veteran who should be capable of bagging a handful of goals but we haven't seen too much of him either. So who knows what the plan truly is.....but Gregg has openly mentioned that they're in the market for another attacking piece, so to speak.

TRUJDUB repped this.
  15. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Yeah, we need a scorer. We have scored 1 goal in our last 8 road games. Not 1 goal per game, 1 goal total.

TRUJDUB and CybrSlydr repped this.
  16. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. That is just... pathetic. ONE goal in 8 road games??? Ouch.

17. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Yeah, Dwight or Neil said we have 3 road goals on the year and 2 of them were in the opener.

18. TRUJDUB

TRUJDUB Member+

Nov 22, 2015
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Do we ever morph to a 4-3-3? Seems we need more productive wings maybe that would help some. But we need proven scorers at outside mid/winger. Personally I miss Justin Meram . We needed someone to balance the other side of him, instead we have 0 outside threats. Like our young guys but only as subs and even then Manneh is better than anyone we have off the bench. He would prob start here now and clearly should have started opposite Meram last year.

Can’t wait till we make some moves

19. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally, I find it unfathomable that the team as a whole is as horrendous at shooting as they are. I mean FFS! So many shots but so few on goal!

How can you shoot so much and never challenge the keeper is beyond my grasp.

ibrew repped this.
  20. Crew Chuck35

Crew Chuck35 Member+

Apr 13, 2009
    Gahanna, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are presuming we make moves of addition. I see our fearless owner furthering the disassembly process of professional soccer in Central Ohio in this transfer window.

21. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doubt it--he wants a good team in Austin.

22. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And contracted players have to be bought, who's buying these guys?

23. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hot (Chicken) Take (Over). The Crew will not add any additional players during the transfer window. Will end the season in 5th place.

24. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    They have forsaken us! I haven't seen their food truck at a game since the opener, I think was the only time this season. I tweeted at them months back and they said the truck needed repairs, but I suspect that's not true anymore nor the hole story of why they no longer service Mapfre on game days. :(

25. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me too. I love them. I think it is more that HCT support of SaveTheCrew put them at odds with the FO and PSV.

I like Iron Pig, Pitability and Chicky Chicky Waffle but I would like some variety.

Draghignazzo repped this.