2018 Preseason

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by stphnsn, Jul 17, 2018.

1. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    The team have been running double sessions for a week now in preparation for the 2018-19 season. We're a week out from the start of the ICC for Milan. Here's our schedule for the ICC:

Wed 7/25 ACM v. Manchester United
    Tue 7/31 ACM v. Tottenham
    Sat 8/4 ACM v. Barcelona

We also have Novarra scheduled for this Friday.

With Gattuso having a full preseason with the guys and the guys being more familiar with each other, hopefully they can get their play more fluid and have a better start to the season than last. I'm sure our schedule won't be quite as favorable early on as it was last year.

2. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    we beat novarra 2-0 last week in the tune-up before the team came stateside. tonight is man utd, but it's not on until 11:00 pm eastern. i don't think i'm going to be able to stay up that late for a preseason game. hopefully the guys put on a show, and no one gets hurt.

3. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    lost on penalties after a 1-1 draw. anyone stay up to watch?

4. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i watched the first 15 minutes this morning. crap goal to give up. sanchez's run was clever, and musacchio's brain switched off. great goal by suso. it looked like a preseason friendly from what i saw. neither team was particularly sharp. neither team fielded their best eleven. from the match reports, it doesn't sound like i missed much in the other 75 minutes.

5. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    1-0 loss to spurs last night. i watched the first half. they scored right after halftime.

we were sloppy all night in the back and struggled to play out of spurs' high pressure. spurs' defending wasn't much better once we got the ball into their half. we grew into the game as the first half wore on and had a ton of good chances. cutrone had at least 4 chances himself in the first half. suso looked dangerous at times. calhanoglu looked dangerous. abate, calabria, and reina looked dangerous at the other end of the field for us. calabria's giveaway in our defensive third led to the break for their goal. then he gave another one away a few minutes later in an even deeper spot.

6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    For those who didn't see it in the other thread.....

A friend of mine got to meet AC Milan coach in Palo Alto ahead of their game vs. Barcelona at Levi's Stadium in Sana Clara....

[​IMG]

7. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    nice. fancy rino in the sweat suit. lol. that looks comfy. probably not available for purchase, right?

8. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    1-0 over barca last night. i watched the first half before bed and watched the second half this morning. i went to refill my coffee cup before penalties when silva scored the winner. he's wearing number 69 this season. nice!

it was disappointing to see barca b bossing us around the field all night, but it's still preseason. we kept a clean sheet so that's something. real madrid is next on 8/11.

9. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Silva and Montolivo left off the roster for tomorrow vs Madrid. Silva rumored to be going to Sevilla on loan with option to buy, and no idea about Montolivo. Possible contract termination to our world class midfielder :)