2018 Portugal Nike Gear

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by portugal_9, Feb 22, 2018.

1. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    These would have made more sense for the last world cup as a centenary kit and 2014's gradient would have made more sense this year.

That said, I like them. They are maybe too plain but at least it's classic and nothing dumb to look at.

NewLaw83 repped this.
  2. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  3. RedBullSeven

RedBullSeven Member+

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Is that Sara Sampaio?

4. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The training tops are very well done

5. Jonathan Pimentel

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    ok, so seriously.. i saw this jacket a few weeks ago online, and fell in love with it..

then as the days went on.. and the line starting becoming more clear, the jacket didnt fall in line with the rest of the collection.. nor had other photos become available..

where do i buy this jacket?

6. Jonathan Pimentel

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    is it likely kitbag has all of these options available for purchase? jacket included.

are there better sources to make purchases from?

7. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Love that jacket too.

Nike says it's available on the 23rd so hopefully Nike, kitbag, worldsoccershop and a few others will carry the collection.

8. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    No, but she's the one to the right of Ronaldo in the photo montage above.

All Nike had to do to make the away top beautiful is keep the green collar from the home shirt and add a little green at the end of the shirt sleeves. It's like they actively hold back and hope nobody notices the half-assed effort. The white shorts are terrible too; green would've been perfect.

Also, the number location on the front of the shirts is terrible. Why in the world would they put it directly under the swoosh? It makes the shirt look lopsided and cramped.

I'm fine with the home shirt, aside from the front number. For the other stuff, I love the black jacket on Neves, the hoodie on William and the windbreaker (or windrunner, according to Nike) on the girl. I got the two-tone red version Nike released in 2016 and it's awesome.

9. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    From my experience, a lot of the coolest items are difficult to track down. Just find the item names if you can and Google them regularly starting now. You can always get the jerseys and anthem jacket(s) worn for matches, or the training gear, at most online retailers, but something like the hoodie or the windbreaker (basically the fashion/streetwear stuff) will probably tougher to track down.

In 2016, I found the windbreaker on eBay from someone in Italy around the release date, but it was almost impossible to find online otherwise, especially after a couple months. Same with the snapback hat that was released that summer. It was really hard to find online, then at the end of the summer I found it on the JCPenney website, which was really out of the blue.

JoseEmidio repped this.
  10. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    Oh yeah, I forgot there's the official federation store too:

http://portugalstore.fpf.pt/pt

Word of warning, the one time I was about to order some Euro 2016 champions stuff from the federation's store, shipping to the U.S. was definitely cost-prohibitive. Depending on where you live, it could cost an arm and a leg to have these items shipped unless they have new rates.

11. Ramos77

Ramos77 Member

Benfica
    Portugal
    Jun 24, 2017
    the FPF store is a rip off for shipping overseas, as with most portuguese shops for some reason, you're better off getting is shipped to family in Portugal then them sending to you.

12. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    For official nike items buy direct off Nike.com You don't pay shipping costs after $100.

13. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    And in the U.S., Nike's online store has free shipping for any order as long as you're a NikePlus member, but that's just a free account that takes seconds to create.

I wish they had a better selection of team gear on the site. I feel like the stuff I usually want isn't sold via U.S. stores. And I have too many jackets at this point.

14. Jonathan Pimentel

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    SL Benfica
  15. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Thanks for the heads up on this! Looks like the same style we had before but with green. Do you know if it's true to size?

16. Jonathan Pimentel

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    no idea man, honestly, my previous anthem jackets/jerseys have been a size large.. so i grabbed a large in hopes that it remains very similiar to previous years.. wish i could help you more about the sizing, but i am just as curious lol.. expensive curiosity purchase.

17. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You could always use their other sites from different countries, could you not?

18. Ramos77

Ramos77 Member

Benfica
    Portugal
    Jun 24, 2017
    Nike sizes haven't changed in recent years

19. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    The all red windrunner I bought two years ago fit as it should. I've got an athletic frame - 5'11" and 170-185 depending on how much of a lazy ass I've been - and my medium fits just right. It has mesh lining on the inside, so it's quite comfortable.

One thing about the team windrunners is that they're actually a pretty good value even if the price seems high. Nike charges the same price for its plain windrunners that have no team branding on them. So you can get an awesome Portugal one for the same - albeit high - price as one that's purple and silver and just has a swoosh.

20. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    How thick would you say the jacket it?

21. portugamerifinn

portugamerifinn Member+

Feb 22, 2005
    Bay Area / London
    For a windbreaker, it's relatively thick. At least I wouldn't consider it thin by windbreaker standards. The outer layer is a thin windbreaker material with a matte looke, but it has mesh lining on the inside, so there are two layers. It cuts wind pretty well, but it isn't considered rain or weatherproof.

I would say it is both more comfortable and more sturdy than I expected it to be when I ordered it online. If you live anywhere near a Nike store, there's a good chance it has some Nike windrunner jackets and they're all built the same.

22. Jonathan Pimentel

Aug 29, 2013
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    alot of the line is available on kitbag now.. minus the away kit and possible alternative training gear/jackets.

23. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    www.hookedonsoccer.com will be also carrying a lot of the line for those in the States and want to support a former poster.

nbstriker8 repped this.
  24. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #74 JoseEmidio, Apr 1, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    1.Casaco Fato Treino is deadly, red-black :ninja: €120