2018 player moves

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by SiberianThunderT, Dec 13, 2017.

1. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    RIPSports is calling it confirmed now. Press in...Lloyd/Beckie out.

blissett repped this.
  2. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Truly a blockbuster trade. Lloyd should have been at Sky Blue since the beginning of the NWSL. She's a Jersey girl. If she has any gas left in the tank, she will do well at Sky Blue. And Beckie is better than she has been at Houston (assuming she's part of the trade) so maybe she'll prosper at SB.

I've complained about Chicago's feeble offense -- despite having Press. Maybe Kerr gives them the spark they need.

Press should do fine in Houston. Press, Ohai, and Daly make for a formidable offense.

Conclusion: Houston and Chicago upgrade their offenses; Sky Blue gets a wash --in that Lloyd and Beckie = Kerr. (or just maybe, Lloyd and Beckie excel.)

blissett repped this.
  3. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Now Dash fans wait for the big international promised to run the midfield.

4. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    What Kerr gives them is a player who need less of an offense to score.

blissett repped this.
  5. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Ok player 2 for SBFC is Killion. Make sense with the latest signings. Hopefully the third player they get from Chicago is worth it because the trade is lopsided in Chicago favor right now.

954066758477996033 is not a valid tweet id

kernel_thai and blissett repped this.
  6. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Wow...Kerr & Killion for Lloyd & Beckie .... cough... that one additional player better be a starter

blissett and Blaze20 repped this.
  7. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Yeah Lloyd and Beckie alone was a stretch for Kerr. Add in Killion and SBFC better be getting one of Colaprico or DiBernando

blissett repped this.
  8. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    No, we love both in Chicago as well as Huerta. No.

CoachJon repped this.
  9. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Ud think if it was Colaprico it would have been mentioned. I can't see DiBernardo. McCaffrey would top my list. Saw Huerta name pop up as well.

10. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Neither Huerta or McCaffrey makes sense and if SBFC OKed that I'll give them the very hard side eye. Because they are traded away arguably the best player in the world right now for an aging and inconsistent Lloyd as well as a hot and cold Beckie. Add in Killion and this is crazy on their part. The McCaffrey experiment in this league is over.

blissett repped this.
  11. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Apparently the third person was not mentioned because they haven't been informed yet. So it could be anyone really.

12. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Unless Huerta needs to be somewhere where she can play right back in order to make the USWNT. So the Red Stars either have to trade her or trade Gilliland.
    I hope none of it's the case.

13. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Here's a little coincidence. Orlando, who everyone believes will end up with Leroux just used their only draft pick to take a forward from BYU. Personally, Id hang on to Gomes.

14. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Well Huerta shouldn't have been hard to find so she's likely out of the mix. I really think Kerr gets devalued because there is no way to guarantee u can keep her on ur NWSL team. For me there is currently no player in the world who is a fair trade for Kerr...she is on another level.

15. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders

this make more sense on many levels

lil_one, blissett and Blaze20 repped this.
  16. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    How do you go from Stanton to Killion??

blissett repped this.
  17. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    So than Chicago better not be trading a starter as the other player.

blissett repped this.
  18. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    So you think she may not want to play in Chicago?

19. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Kerr? The problem isn't the city. I think she is happy moving to a team with a chance to win the title and sending Stanton is a sign Kerr had input. The problem with an non US player like Kerr is u can only give her the max pay allowed under the cap. I would assume she was already getting that from SkyBlue so it's never about money. A team from Europe can always come in offer double or triple the contract. U r also limited to one year plus an option so its not like u can tie Kerr up for several years. Each time her contract is up u take the chance of losing her. Dash liked Andressinha, very popular with the fan and a young star but traded her for the same reason. Best thing u have going for u with Kerr is I think she wants to keep playing in the w league and that makes it hard to sign a contract in Europe longer than 6 months in the Spring.

blissett repped this.
  20. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Count me in as one of those people who think Kerr will definitely play in Chicago or better yet remain in the USA for the foreseeable future. Mostly because it allows her to play in the W League which playing in Europe will not allow.

Also, going to PSG doesn't make sense. Why would PSG spend money on Kerr when all their top players are leaving any way. They have no hope of challenging Lyon so why waste money when they could give that money to Neymar (sarcasm)?

MiLLeNNiuM, kernel_thai and blissett repped this.
  21. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    i was not about money or contract length with Dash evidenced by the fact that she's still in the league and I'm gonna guess is making less in Portland. Dash has major player management issues which hopefully gets resolved with Pauw.

Also, there's a lot to be said for playing in a major metropolitan city like Chicago versus suburban NJ. Like if I'm a young player who's most likely making max salary, that will be a major draw for me.

blissett repped this.
  22. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A little birdie is whispering that Orlando and Washington have a trade in the works, with a defender headed to the Pride.

blissett repped this.
  23. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I'll guess Mautz is the other Chicago player -- not quite a starter but a good player. If so, a good trade for Chicago.

If the other player is Colaprico or DiBernardo it's maybe a fair trade between the two.

Or maybe Katie Naughton to help that miserable Sky Blue offense?

24. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Does Washington have a defender?

25. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC