2018 Penn State Nittany Lions Soccer

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by bhoys, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Vilhelm

Vilhelm Member

Sep 9, 2005
    Nice renderings.

Separate standalone stadiums for soccer and lacrosse would be impressive.What is the likelihood that the lacrosse teams reach the philanthropy goals to have their own stadium built?

2. bhoys

bhoys Member+

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Lacrosse has had its own "stadium" at Penn State for quite a few years. Photo here:

[​IMG]

3. bhoys

bhoys Member+

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Sandon - fine by me if someone starts a new / separate thread on the "best college soccer stadiums" subject. Not that it is up to me or anything ... :)

4. Vilhelm

Vilhelm Member

Sep 9, 2005
    Ah, so the project is an enhancement of the existing facility. Thank you.

5. OverseasView

OverseasView Member+

Olympique Lyonnais
    France
    Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    My older son confirms that UVA is his favorite as a great stadium with a wonderful ambiance.
    He also liked Clemson with its Jumbotron.
    Personally I only saw Pitt's in D1. Nice recent stadium great views but the pitch is artificial...
    In D2, where Romeo played for FIT, I liked a lot University of Tampa's and Rollins' ones. The former has big stands, nice views on the campus and easy parking. While the later is smaller but very charming in a beautiful campus setup.

Sandon Mibut and bhoys repped this.
  6. bhoys

bhoys Member+

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    QUOTE="OverseasView, post: 36924052, member: 225265"]My older son confirms that UVA is his favorite as a great stadium with a wonderful ambiance ... [/QUOTE]

UVA's soccer stadium is fantastic, first-class facility and great atmosphere. It's shared with men's and women's lacrosse in the spring. Sometimes I've seen the pitch be a little cut up, e.g.:

[​IMG]

7. bhoys

bhoys Member+

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    #32 bhoys, Sep 16, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  8. bhoys

bhoys Member+

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Short video recapping Sunday's 6th Annual Mack Brady Memorial Soccer Game at Penn State, a 3-1 Nittany Lion win over Ohio State.

For Mack and his keepers know no defeat,
    saving whatever may come our way,
    for we will soar forever more
    whenever our Penn State teammates play

#GoalkeeperU

More on Mack Brady and the fund in Mack's memory that supports Penn State soccer: http://www.mackbrady.com/

SoccerIsOurLife repped this.
  9. bhoys

bhoys Member+

Aug 21, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC