News: 2018 Other Teams Discussion Thread (spoilers)

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by msilverstein47, Nov 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    @griffin1108

Pisa-Cremonese has been moved to sunday 15 SEP at 9PM.

2. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    Grazie. I don't think that works coming from Lucca. Didn't the game go from Saturday at 2:45 to Saturday at 6:00. Makes DCU scheduling look good.

3. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The one we just played away was moved from saturday at 3pm to sunday at 6pm. It's all TV stuff. But Lucca and Pisa are only 20 kms away so if you have a car it's decently doable.

4. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Once upon a time the USMNT...

John L and Winoman repped this.
  5. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
  6. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    New England Revs dropped three points losing to NYCFC today. They now have only one game in hand. And they still play NYCFC one more time and finish against Atlanta.

8. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Toronto beat Cincy as expected. They still have a game in hand, but they do play NYCFC this Wednesday.

9. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Away. That's not going to be easy for them.

10. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    In the meantime, Italy has basically nailed down the qualification to next Euro, with 18 points in 6 games. I give all credit to Roberto Mancini, who has flipped completely the team, after not qualifying to the WC, giving space to talented young players and creating a game style where the team always tries to win and never gives up. And yes OK this is an easy group, but I haven't seen Italy win two games in a row in September (with only two Serie A rounds in their legs), let alone two away ones, since the night of the times.

Winoman repped this.
  11. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    USM U17 team beat Netherlands 3-1 in their warmup tournament in France on Saturday. They play Denmark today. Three different scorers than on Saturday.

Winoman and Dizi repped this.
  12. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    USM U17 team lost to Denmark on Monday 4-1. Despite beating Mexico earlier, they got 2nd place on Goal Differential. Next games are the World Cup on sun Oct 27th vs Senegal, Wed Oct 30 vs Japan, and Sat, Nov 02 vs Netherlands.

GumbyG and Winoman repped this.
  13. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Toronto FC dropped two points last night getting a tie vs NYCFC. They've just started a very congested schedule with MLS games last Sat, last night and now every weekend 'til the end of the season, plus two games vs Montreal on the next two Wed nights for the Canada Cup.

They are now in 4th place above DC United in the standings on GD.

GumbyG and Winoman repped this.
  14. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OMG I have completely sat thru my lunch time letting my sandwich just sit because I could not stop reading this lawsuit Petke filed against RSL and its owner.
    I'm not sure if all lawsuits contain this kind of flowery language but wow, I keep highlighting the most outrageous parts to paste here and each time I find something more outrageous (not necessarily in scope or complaint, but language style).

...this is directly after bringing the cat on the field in the Tigres game into the suit description, I suppose to explain state-of-mind, and cracked me up (there is a picture as well)...

46. Because there was no whistle to stop play, the Tigres player continued driving the ball toward the goal and took a shot that missed the goal and went out of bounds. Instead of giving the ball to RSL for a goal kick—standard procedure when the opposing team kicks the ball out of play wide of the goal—the referee gave possession of the ball back to Tigres at the spot where the cat entered the field, granting Tigres an unexplained second bite at the apple. The referee’s decision resulted in at least one minute of delay, which should have resulted in additional stoppage time. Instead of adding more time and giving RSL possession of the ball, the referee blew the whistle and ended the game when the Tigres player kicked the ball to resume....

the whole thing reads similarly

https://www.scribd.com/document/426...aint-against-Real-Salt-Lake-owners#from_embed

Petworth Posse and Winoman repped this.
  15. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    In the meantime the RB Salzburg of Jesse Marsch melted Genk 6-2 (5-1 in the first half). Add to it that they already winning their league hands down (21 points in 7 games, with most of them with 5 or 6 goeals scored), Their CL is prohibitive, with Napoli and Liverpool, but out of the "big ones" in Europe, they are one of the top strongest teams. .

16. Petworth Posse

Feb 24, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    Wanker

Winoman and song219 repped this.
  17. griffin1108

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    I was explaining the complaint to my wife today as we walked the "via dei acquedotti" from Lucca to Pisa. (Boys and Girls, this "hike" involves climbing two different mountain ridges and is over 20 miles long -- if anyone suggests doing this -- either walk away or punch them in the mouth.) Anyway, what is interesting is the "last chance agreement" that Petke signed after the kerfluffle with the ref in the Tigres match. If Petke's complaint is accurate (something the proceedings will determine), then Hansen is a compliant fool who lacks any bit of spine at all. This could be interesting.:)

18. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Good 2-2 away in Verona against Chievo today, we have 8 points in the first 4 games. And especially, 27 goals scored in the last 13 away games, among serie C, playoff and serie B...

Winoman repped this.
  19. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Nats clinched by beating some team from Philadelphia a few times. Then the Mystics win Game 4 in Vegas to return to the WNBA Finals again. Decent night for DC sports.

Winoman repped this.
  20. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yep, and with United clinching a playoff spot, on basically Monday morning, it was a nice beginning of the week in DC.

I hadn't realized the nats were that close to a playoff spot until I saw a ton of half-naked rich guys covered in champagne in my twitter feed this morning.

Winoman repped this.
  21. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    and I believe the Skins have been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

sitruc, Winoman, yabo and 3 others repped this.
  22. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had them crossed out in pencil in early August

Winoman repped this.
  23. griffin1108

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    That occurs at the opening of training camp, no?

Winoman repped this.
  24. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    While realistically and mathematically both end in "y" they are not synonyms.

Winoman and yabo repped this.
  25. Section 107

Section 107 Member+

DCU
    United States
    Jul 18, 2018
    it is a good week in DC sports.

if Lindsay was still around maybe DCU would get a mention in the local "press" (other than they get outdrawn at eaglebank arena east by the Spirit....)