2018 MLS schedule reveal

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by atlanticTFCfan, Jan 4, 2018.

1. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    MLS will release the 2018 schedule today, and MLS will be showing the release on YouTube starting at 1:30 pm EST.

You can watch it here:

2. RetreadFC

RetreadFC Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Oshawa
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    For those that like going down to BMO on nice summer weekends this schedule sucks. Four home games between June 1 and Aug 31. FOUR!!

3. TOareaFan

TOareaFan Member+

Jun 19, 2008
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

4. When Saturday Comes

Apr 9, 2012
    Calgary
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    World Cup year plus 2 Cdn Championship home matches (possibly).

I love playing lots of home games at the beginning and end of the year.

5. TOareaFan

TOareaFan Member+

Jun 19, 2008
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    They are playing on 3 of the 5 weekends in June.....just none of them at home......not sure it is all that much to do with World Cup....and MLS has never scheduled around the Cdn Championship before (those are usually mid week matches)

Then you must love this year's schedule.

I think it is pretty clear that MLS has figured out that TFC, unlike some of the other teams in the league, is not very weather dependent for attendance. 8 of their 17 home league matches are played before the end of May.....4 of those on Friday nights and another on a Wednesday night (cool spring evenings)......in the traditional summer months of June/July/August, TFC has a grand total of 4 home matches.

6. Kingston

Kingston Member+

Oct 6, 2005
    Also not good from the perspective of burning through the home dates early. I liked the previous years better when stadium upgrades forced road games early and we had home games to fall back on down the stretch. Now we have to try to build an early lead in the standings and hold on through a road-heavy summer.