2018 Kneejerk and Reaction Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Heft, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
  2. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Matt Jordan and Wilmer Cabrera had their contracts extended thru 2020 this week!!! Nearly three more seasons of this!!

El Naranja, *rey* and Heft repped this.
  3. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    granted we have an injurred and less than stellar roster but coaching and player selection has been very poor the last 3 games.

4. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    the whole spine of this team is entirely too poor to be even a playoff contender!

Heft repped this.
  5. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    I apologize as I didn't open this thread when I put the same joke in the New England thread.

IMHO We have been playing without Cabezas and that makes a huge difference. Not to mention AJD. Granted Ceren is not the problem. RB has been an abomination. Garcia is awful. So we have to put one of our starting CB's out wide right. That's fine if Senderos isn't a walking medic unit or the new CB acquisition is not a huge pile of refuse. (who in truth is not good enough for me to even remember how to spell his name correctly.

Now that might not be a problem if the team could outscore their opponents, but you aren't going to outscore many when you have Elis, Manotas, and a bunch of Joe's. Quito is at least threaten ing, but is clearly a head case. Wenger is Wenger - hard working and sometimes effective, but not anything another team in MLS has to worry about. Alexander, Tomas Martinez - yawn.

So in summation:
    1. Our RB situation is drawing against our thin and injured CB depth. We have no depth here because Jordan laid an egg with this acquisition (thanks for the extension).

2. Despite selling off our DP forward at the start of the season - we seem to be the only team that decides its a good idea to replace our DP forward with a draft pick. No depth to even spell Manotas or Elis and they are young players who can use the break mentally more than anything and to also feel like the pressure of the entire team doesn't rest solely on their shoulders.

3. Out midfield sucked last year and the loss of our best player there hurts, but let's not pretend the other two guys are good enough.

We are dropping points at home at an alarming rate - in that last year at this time - we were much better. But let's not pretend that this team has been anything other than ordinary since June of last year. A couple of cheap playoff wins do not erase a half a season of lethargy.

Heft repped this.
  6. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was going to say earlier that the Dynamo aren’t that much different than last year, but they got a good number of breaks early in the year and also surprised teams which led to the hot start.

Somethings up with Quioto, he’s about half the player he was last season

*rey* repped this.
  7. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    He was openly accused by someone on SportsMap who said he was getting drunk on a booze cruise when he was "sick" and unavailable for the Dynamo.

8. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The team has been somewhat evasive about his "illness" or "virus". Since Cabrera closes practice and the Chron let go of Corey, its pretty much the Iraqi information ministry at this point on team news.

9. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not having AJ or Cabezas has affected this D more than i think people give credit for.

even when they come back, it's hard to envision that we suddenly turn into a top five team. in fairness, the one trick offense does create multiple chances but with a ghost playing striker and a concacaf finisher playing out right, there is no one that can capitalize on the chances. so even if the D does come back to average, where are the goals going to come from??

Remember when the FO said "we are going to go big"?? did i miss the bigness?

10. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    It's going to be tough to be 31 and come back from an ACL and play Full Back (tough position) at a high level. Not impossible, but very tough to recover from ACL and run end to end at 31.

7seven7 repped this.
  11. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't "Go Big" an AEG directive. Then, before that could happen, 50% of the team was sold to Mr. Small.

12. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It came from Tim Lieweke (or how ever you spell his name) I was there when he said it. Shortly thereafter we got.

[​IMG]

Then if I recall correctly Leiweke got canned and FO'd to Toronto.

Westside Cosmo repped this.