2018 HOT Seat

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by spykemanne, Mar 17, 2018.

1. ba123456

ba123456 New Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Club:
    AD Isidro Metapan
    Lots going on with new hires. Any word on who Stetson's interviewing?

2. sec123

sec123 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Any intel on the new Central Michigan coach? Have a few friends whose kids play there and would like to know if anyone can provide some info on the guy (coaching style, reputation, etc.). Feel free to send me a message. Thanks.

3. USsoccerguy

USsoccerguy Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Recent history seems odd. To me something doesn’t add up...why 7 months at Miss St. then on to UK as a volunteer (I know alma mater but still). The CMU connection comes from MSU. But why leave Murray if you’re just going back to a mid-major. Something seems off.

WACySOCCERWORLD repped this.
  4. Cantcoach

Cantcoach Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Dec 29, 2017

One of the worst people you will find in college soccer- pissed the admin off at Murray state and they were happy to see him leave. Miss state coach canned him for trying to gain favor over the team, then went to Kentucky where he could use that as a stepping stone.

Terrible human being. A truly bad guy.

PoetryInMotion repped this.
  5. Soccerman4

Soccerman4 New Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Cantcoach where did you get this useless infomation from?

6. karlmarx123

karlmarx123 New Member

Russia
    Oct 6, 2018
    Hard to get fired from an asst job in only a few months, but I was told that's exactly what happened. Told this only a week ago at a recruiting event. No info on what happened. Perhaps someone else has more insight.

USsoccerguy repped this.
  7. Lord Kril

Lord Kril Member

Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Jul 3, 2018
    I noticed you wrote useless, not untrue.

8. USsoccerguy

USsoccerguy Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like he and Ian Carey are cut from the same cloth...

9. SoccerTrustee

SoccerTrustee Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  10. WACySOCCERWORLD

Jan 28, 2014
  11. WACySOCCERWORLD

Jan 28, 2014
  12. whattodo

whattodo New Member

Barcelona
    Japan
    Dec 3, 2018
    Any news on who the new coaches will be bringing along as assistants? It's equally as important as good assistants can really elevate a program.

13. Socalsoccercoach

Dec 1, 2013
    outsiderview repped this.
  14. Cantcoach

Cantcoach Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Dec 29, 2017

I would doubt that she is still very young. I think this one will be fully open. Should attract some decent candidates as he was there for a long time and had success.

15. outsiderview

outsiderview Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Any word on any of the open positions? Syracuse and Oregon State, taking their time. NAU an attractive mid major now open, could be best on the list.

OPEN
    Northern Arizona
    Iona
    Syracuse
    Seton Hall
    UTEP
    Wofford
    Stetson
    Oregon State
    Illinois-Chicago
    Yale
    UW-Green Bay
    Loyola (MD)
    Eastern Kentucky

FILLED
    Louisiana Lafayette - Lance Key (Former TX Asst, Trinity HC)
    Idaho State - Debs Brereton (Ohio Associate Head Coach)
    Indiana - Erwin (Duke Associate Head Coach)
    Central Michigan - Jeremy Groves (Kentucky Volunteer Asst)
    North Florida - Eric Faulconer (North Florida Assistant Coach)

16. TerrierFan2019

TerrierFan2019 New Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Dec 10, 2018
    My daughter is on the team - this intel is coming from a 20 year old getting ready for finals so take it with a grain of salt...
    Had a D-2 coach from the Northeast on campus last week and supposedly a D-1 Asst. from another SoCon school coming this week. His resume is very unique and is very successful considering the situation. I just don't know that a Division 2 coach from a state school in the Northeast is a fit at a small, liberal arts college like Wofford.

She said the team was highly impressed (they wanted the AD to offer him the job that day) with the D-2 candidate last week but I am bit surprised Wofford didn't attract a better candidate pool. P5 asst. or low major D-1 HC? I think the job has a ton of potential but maybe I am biased due to my connection with the college.

cpthomas repped this.
  17. USsoccerguy

USsoccerguy Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol I get you have a kid in the program but why in the world do you think Wofford would be a destination for a P5 asst or a mid major doing a lateral move?

18. TerrierFan2019

TerrierFan2019 New Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Dec 10, 2018
    That is why I was asking. Seems like candidate pool is about right then. Thanks!

19. WACySOCCERWORLD

Jan 28, 2014
    Word around the campfire is that most credible coaches know that Wofford doesn't care about their womens (or even mens) soccer programs! Why would a present head coach want to deal with that. All Wofford cares is to make sure the Carolina Panthers are happy with the facilities so they keep coming back every pre-season. I think it could be a very good opportunity, but for most looking in....it's a stepping stone for an Asst. WC is in danger of being a revolving door destination

20. soccerman1974

soccerman1974 New Member

PSG
    France
    Nov 28, 2018
    Not sure where this is heading. Stetson position has been knocked back by a few coaches who were approached on my previous list. I also have heard some outrageous comments about a coach or two in the final stages of interviews for Stetson. Coaches who have no business being there. MFM former Miami wants the job i'm being told. If they are indeed true Stetson will only go backwards. Should have kept Manoj. Sad.

WACySOCCERWORLD repped this.
  21. Fish On

Fish On Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Club:
    AC Mantova
    Well he seems to have the #1 priority for AD's - being "liked" by team. Will probably be hired based on that alone.

22. Cantcoach

Cantcoach Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Dec 29, 2017
    UTEP have hired the Texas southern head coach.

23. HouseofCards

HouseofCards Member

Nov 26, 2012
  24. HouseofCards

HouseofCards Member

Nov 26, 2012
  25. Holmes12

Holmes12 Member

May 15, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Give it to MFM. Miami is as bad than Pitt/Syracuse...impossible, Too remote from I-95 corridor cash, too hot, too private for ACC. The polar ACC are no-wins. She did well at Albany but didn't think out Miami. These coaches are a lot astute and choosy now with the rise of the ECNL. They can easily forecast their prospects and not so jumpy for impossible P5 positions anymore.