2018 game feeds/TV/media

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by luvdagame, Feb 12, 2018.

1. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Replays of the last two years (since moving from Youtube to Go90) are on nwslsoccer.com. For this season, replays (for US viewers) will be exclusive to Yahoo for 48 hours, then we will be able to watch them on nwslsoccer.com.

2. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See this link for answers: http://www.nwslsoccer.com/faq

3. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I do not know exactly what I did this morning but I finally found the replays on the Yahoo site. I wanted to sit down and watch both matches BUT I found that they place the final score on the link you click to get the feed so there is no need to watch the matches as you already know the score.

This is unacceptable and shows the low regard that the NWSL and Yahoo has for their fans. They just do not care if they ruin the experience for those that cannot watch live.

4. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I was under the impression that it was standard practice across providers and sports for replays to have the scores baked into the links or preview images, so I don't see how this is showing disregard.

5. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They used to do that on the NWSL site and I would take off my glasses which blurred the score and hope I clicked on the right link. hahah

6. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, ESPN does not do it, the NHL does not do it, the NBA does not do it, before they partnered with ESPN the MLS did not do it, When I was over in England and had an EPL subscription they did not do it, FOX Soccer does not do it, in fact I know of no major sports provider that does not have scores off by default or have a setting where they can be turned off.

It is disrespectful towards the fans to ruin the match by intentionally showing the score before the match can be viewed. Also it is totally unnecessary. It is just one further way that the NWSL shows that they are at best bush league. They have low regard of the players and playing conditions so I guess I really should not be surprised with the poorly thought way them make replays available.

7. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with FanofFutbol, it's stupid for them to reveal the score on the link to see the game "late."

I tried to Chromecast the game to my SmartTV and wasn't able. Anyone know anything about that?

8. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Not sure if I'm navigating differently, but using my userscript to block the score on the NWSL page, I can look at the schedule, click the "game info" link for the game I want to watch, then click the "watch the replay on yahoo! sports" link and not see the score.

9. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Userscript??? I have no script that blocks the scores but, if it works, I would love to have one.

10. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #60 FanOfFutbol, Apr 15, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    I decided to go ahead and test the feeds and I have found that no match from this weekend will play. I get the spinning circle but the video never starts. I have tried both FireFox and Chrome (both are running the most current version) I have disabled all plugins to test and I have tried both with and without my VPN in place.

I have also tried on three different computers.

Anyone have any ideas what might be the problem?

Note: All other videos I have tested work fine.

11. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    absolutely. scores should be turned off for replay viewers. ruins the game otherwise.

12. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I wanted to edit a couple of my earlier posts but I guess it has been too long.

I found the user script mentioned in a download folder from last year and I installed it on my Chrome installation on my viewing computer and it works OK. I just have to remember not to look at the screen for the first two or so seconds after the site loads or after the pre-view screen loads. That is not too hard to do so it is better now but I REALLY think that no script should be needed.

My Chrome browser is working OK now for streaming as well but I simply cannot get FireFox to work at all but that does not reall matter as the two browsers are basically equivalent in functionality.

I am now able to view replays pretty well and I guess that I am content but it should not be this hard to just view replays.

BTW: The announcers are a lot better than those on ESPN or Fox. They do not seem to be over jabbering and they do not spend so much time on meaningless drivel. My only complaint is that, at least in the Portland vs Orlando match, is that the PBP man gets over excited much to often on plays that are just regular soccer.