2018 FSU

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Tom81, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was just about to ask if Ekic was transferring, lol. Louisville is her hometown, so I doubt she would leave. She is an amazing player, no doubt.

2. sweepsit

sweepsit Member

Oct 25, 2016
    SF, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Deyna tearing it up in the South American tournament. She’s so special. Hope FSU is able to get her some more support this year. Could make for a very special year.

3. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    "Deyna tearing it up in the South American tournament. She’s so special. Hope FSU is able to get her some more support this year. Could make for a very special year."

I think having McFarland back will help up front.
    Also think our Midfield will be stronger between
    returning injured players and newcomers Howell and Chinese girl.

4. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Chinese girl's name is Jujie. ;)

sweepsit repped this.
  5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    In fact, keeping calling her "the Chinese girl" sounded so David Bowie... :giggle:

6. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jukes did you see TopDrawers tweet about FSU getting transfers? Have you heard anything?

7. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Coach K must of gotten a hold of Got Jukes and told him to stop providing any info on message boards, ha!

Got Jukes? repped this.
  8. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Got Jukes plays it close to the vest.
    I think we are going to have to be patient.;):(:rolleyes:o_O:cry::laugh::unsure:

blissett repped this.
  9. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Sorry for lag in posting... crazy busy at work. Went to a scrimmage vs mens team last weekend. Mens team could have killed us but just kept game even...lol ended in tie at 4-4... was 2-0 men in first 10 minutes!

started olivis....emily.....nat.....malia
    taylor......glori.......clara
    kc.....kristen.....gabby

I missed first 2 goals but was told one was keeper error, 1 was unstoppable.
    our 1st goal was a shot off the post by Dallas with a finish by Bella.
    Then #2 was a pk by Anna
    #3 was goal by Christine
    #4 was nice pass by Olivia into box with a slam dunk by Dallas to finish

Team was not in sync overall...... backline was awful in second period (3-30's played) ( olivia....anna...taylor....malia) There were spurts of greatness and spurts of what the heck are they doing??? MC actually got playing time but still would not fight for ball....Yujie was quiet this game but her corners are dynamo!!
    2 of the 4 goals were savable by the men.

per players and parents, transfers are not known....doesn't mean there aren't any...lol

10. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Thanks for the info GJ!

11. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks GJ! Who is Christine though? Also does MC just have an aversion to contact?

12. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    I'm guessing he meant Kristina Lynch. ???

Got Jukes? repped this.
  13. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was Deyna available?

14. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    I think she is playing for Venezuela right now.

15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Venezuela has been eliminated from Copa America (the top 4, battling in a final round right now, are Brazil, Colombia, Argentina and Chile). So, basically, Castellanos shouldn't be on NT duty anymore. Not sure if she had planned to skip this week anyway, in the eventuality that Venezuela could have reached the final round, that actually didn't happen (by the way, as far as I know, it was only Deyna's goals that gave some sort of a lifeline to Venezuela, but they were eventually eliminated, by Argentina I guess).

16. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Players are released for the entire 9 day window. The rules specifically prohibit other arrangements between club and player.

This is probably so players don’t tank games to be back at their clubs.

Some NWSL time off has been extended sometimes, as after the last WC. Sometimes that has been as a private arrangement, as with Lloyd and Houston.

blissett repped this.
  17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Makes sense, thank you for the clarification! :thumbsup:

18. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard it through the grapevine that FSU played Alabama today in soccer. FSU won 2-0, I have no other information.

19. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    4 more months and we'll know exactly who was recruited. We'll know if we are getting any transfers and who any internationals are beyond Yujie.

20. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    They did and it was..... but it was not that we looked 2-0 better than Al. Al could not get anything off in final third.....BB was not challenged at all. She had one shot that came in directly at her, bounced through her hands and popped her in the face. Hopefully that was a lesson learned! We are coughing up too many balls in front of goal which will cost us goals against most ACC teams. She will gain confidence and clean things up. 2 more injuries...1 at Fri practice and 1 during game.... both look serious but wont know until further testing. Nobody really stood out...just an avg, physical game.

21. Nolethrive

Nolethrive New Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Apr 23, 2018
    Noles don't appear to be winning the recruiting battles. The amount of transfers is making the program unattractive.

22. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe the new recruiting changes will help? Transferring in college seems to be an epidemic in all womens sports. Maybe its a new generation thing, you didn't see this amount of transfers 20 years ago.

23. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
  24. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
  25. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    They will play PSG B team in that tour as PSG have a League game against Bordeaux in the previous day.