2018 FSU

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Tom81, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Gold Dome25

Gold Dome25 New Member

United States
    Nov 19, 2018
    ND fan, 1st post. Jumped on here to comment on Kristina Lynch. Gruesome looking injury Friday night. Terrible loss for you guys. Do your research on her, she is a champion. I watched the ACC tourney and paid close attention to her as she should be Irish. Chose FSU over ND darn it! Anyway, she just wins!! I'm from Indianapolis and anyone in Indiana who follows soccer and doesn't know her name is living under a rock. Watched her game winning header assist against Duke, game tying assist against Virginia (over and over...unreal move around defender behind her back then through the legs of the defender on the move) and game winning goal against NC. Winning that tourney all but assured you a trip to the CC given your home record in the NCAA tourney. Prayers go out to her for a quick recovery. Hoping to see FSU vs NC in the championship game...GO ACC

Crazyhorse repped this.
  2. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    You won’t get me to disagree about Lynch. As expected, she’s had a few growing pains. After all, she is playing at the very highest level of college soccer against the best teams out there. She has also had more than a few moments of individual brilliance!
    I’m assuming surgery either has or will happen very soon based upon what I saw. I’m guessing it will be late summer early fall before she’s cleared to play. Assuming good health, I think she will only get better and better at FSU under Mark Krikorian.
    Very bright future. Like you said, she strikes me as a winner and a fighter!

3. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Lynch grew up right next to Notre Dame, nice to get one from right under their noses.

4. Gold Dome25

Gold Dome25 New Member

United States
    Nov 19, 2018
    Granger, IN is right next to South Bend.

Crazyhorse repped this.
  5. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if Ms. Lynch wanted warmer winters ;)

6. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I looked over Penn States roster and noticed they only have two field players taller than 5'7.

7. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First and foremost congratulations to Penn State on a wonderful year, a class program that isn't going anywhere soon from the top echelon of women's college soccer. Anyone who saw the game care to give a summary, it would be greatly appreciated.

8. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Pretty even game
    Deyna with an absolute cracker from outside of the box. PSU keeper didn’t even move

Crazyhorse repped this.
  9. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just saw the replay on twitter, nice to see her score, especially when we need it most, I hear PSU gave us all we could handle.

10. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the FSU home crowd (sold out) was the difference.
    Good luck at the finals.

Crazyhorse repped this.
  11. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    https://www.tomahawknation.com/2018/11/23/18109216/fsu-soccer-advances-to-the-college-cup

I'd give PSU 65/35 ball control 1st half. Set pieces offered the most danger, but FSU hung tough. Not a lot of great chances in and around the box in the first half.
    2nd half FSU had 75/25 possession and other than 1 or ?2? free kicks, nothing dangerous from PSU.
    NK was her usual magnificent self. It's a travesty that she only made ACC 2nd team!
    KT was not quite as sharp as we've come to expect. She was involved in a near score deep in the box in the 2nd half.
    Yujie was quietly excellent. Got the assist on Deyna's goal.
    Deyna came through when she was needed. We missed 2 or 3 good opportunities to add a goal.
    FSU was the better overall team.
    PSU very good in the back and in midfield.
    They lacked good passes in the final 3rd. If they shore up their final 3rd, they will be hard to beat.

Bergau gave us some good minutes with defense and good passing and one shot.
    We'll have to play better if we want to beat Stanford (getting ahead of myself).
    Go Tennessee!

12. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Shout out to Jaelin Howell!
    That is one tough cookie. She reminds me of Dagny Brynjardottir in that respect.

About 4 and 1/2 minutes into the second half after a corner she goes to the ground. She braces herself with both hands and the defender with whom she was tangled came down full force (unintentional) with the heel of her foot on the fingers of her right hand. She was crying out there, but she didn't get a stoppage of play. She got right back up and while gingerly holding that hand, continued to play.

They subbed for her in about 3 minutes AFTER Deyna scored that blast. They splinted it and back in she came.

I bet her Daddy is proud of her! I know I am!

Glove Stinks and blissett repped this.
  13. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    She’s a baller
    They showed her after the game ripping that splint off her hand

Got Jukes? and Crazyhorse repped this.
  14. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Louisville has a sophomore Emina Ekic that likewise impressed me last year.
    I like 'em tough as nails and skilled to boot.

Crazyhorse repped this.
  15. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Looks like we may be playing UNC which will definitely be the harder team to beat.

16. sweepsit

sweepsit Member

Oct 25, 2016
    SF, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    May have spoken too soon. Out of curiosity, why do you think UNC is the harder out?

17. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We play Stanford right?

18. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes.
    UNC/UCLA plays G-town

19. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is what I thought, we have our work cut out for us with Stanford, forget about any other team.

MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  20. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    I've seen none of Stanford. Their record speaks for itself.
    FSU is capable of and has beaten both UNC and UCLA.
    If we can get by Stanford...
    OF course, we don't have our starting GK or Lynch on the wing.
    Our depth was phenomenal. Now it is minimal due to the injuries.

Any one of the Final 4 can win it IMO.

HeadSpun and MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  21. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    As soon as I posted UCLA scores 2 quick goals!.... and yes, my mind is mush...too much turkey. I was thinking we played winner of this game. My apologies!

MiLLeNNiuM and Crazyhorse repped this.
  22. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Their fast paced high pressure always challenges our possession oriented more controlled style..... imo.

23. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Go Noles!
    We absolutely have a chance to win this thing!

May we play our best soccer of the year.

24. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    [​IMG]

With this picture you get a glimpse of a brace BB is wearing on L arm/shoulder.
    I'm guessing it was either dislocated or separated badly. Glad to see her supporting CJ.

25. uncchamps2012

uncchamps2012 Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Unc vs fsu final would be one for the ages.. split two games and break the tie for the ncaa title!

Tom81 repped this.