2018 FIFA World Cup thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Cheers, will check out Sports Direct as wouldn't mind buying one for my little guy. I know they were complaining on Talksport about the prices being £86, hence the outrage.

2. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    I've no problem with kids having the full kit but adults, yeah that's another issue.

3. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof

Sports Direct currently has a 20% off coupon as well.

4. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    In fairness I don't really believe your FA has an official stance on full kit wankers.

Also, as a kid I only wore my kit when we had a game (playing for my club in our local colours). I can't really recall anybody wearing a full kit at school for example. At most you wore the T-shirt and if it had e.g. Zidane printed on the back this is what you'd be called by the kids in the playground.

5. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Well tbf, many of our fans don't even need the full kit to be called wankers! I'm hoping the FA just have a stance on wankers in general as our fans do a good enough job just being themselves o_O

977146580414423040 is not a valid tweet id

6. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Together with the Dutch and Russians, British tourists have made a name for themselves. Ask around in Europe and often these three will be named in the top 3 of worst tourists. Instead of England fans it could have been regular British tourists and you'd see the same scenes (or worse).

7. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    It's all about the training top really isn't it.

[​IMG]

Quite like the keeper's jersey too. Not that I'm going to buy any of them.

8. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Funny, but quite rude.

9. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #159 LorneMarvello, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    same people love us spending more then virtually anyone else tho.

Would also like to point out there is nothing wrong with being an FKW aslong as you are getting regular sex

Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  10. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yeah, can't argue with you there, I've seen some right states when I've been abroad and it's just been embarrassing. I just try to avoid those areas now tbh. I'm all for a laugh and good fun but we ( English/British ) just don't seem to understand where the line is, especially when bladdered.

11. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Tried watching the game (v Holland) but keep falling asleep. It seems to be picking up in the 2nd half but now my stream is buffering a lot (edit: just scored, I'm guessing my stream is seriously behind as well). Probably better to see where England are at during the training camp friendlies.

Is it the drinking culture in England? Almost seems like it's a race to be the first to get blind drunk. The Irish don't necessarily try to fight the stereotype of them liking a drink. Yet they can handle themselves compared to the English (doesn't take much for them to get drunk though). Maybe the English being a bit buttoned-up also has something to do with it. Once the inhibitions are let go, they're really gone.

3LionsCoaching repped this.
  12. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Buttoned up

******** you talking about I bet you are not even from england

13. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    It's that time again.

Where people stop by in our forum and go through their stereotypes and what we are doing wrong.

14. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    yup its like we are just sitting their drinking tea from little china cups.
    and sitting their saying " i say marjorie i think i will goto the continent and act like a ruffian to get rid of this buttoned up thingy inside me lol"

any 1-0 win and i vote blondo todays forum bellend

Placid Casual repped this.
  15. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    That's terribly rude.

16. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    right back at ya pal

17. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Let’s be honest though

A lot of our fans make a bad name for us abroad. Those scum in Holland tipping beer on people and fighting g the police

They are in for a rude awakening when ultra ruskies beat the feck out of them in the summer

18. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    In the past we have often seen people who arent even fans , just travel to kick off trouble.

Fans will get targeted in Russia ,whether we behave or not.
    Their hools are throwbacks to past era's and dont seem to care about going way overboard.

thebigman repped this.
  19. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And those people who will be targetted by Russian police will hardly get any sympathy back home from the media. Even if they did nothing wrong and are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

20. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Going into a world cup knowing we wont have any system we pick completely compromised by Rooneys lazy play.

21. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Doesn't sound overly promising for his England chances, but nor is it out of the question as I'd assumed.

22. ChristianSur

ChristianSur Member+

May 5, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Great strike from Oxlade-Chamberlain: https://streamable.com/n4gsx

If we do play a three-man midfield at the World Cup, he's making a strong case to start.

hussar and BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  23. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Southgate also gave TAA a chance to train with the senior squad and he played very well last night. He has to be in with a half decent chance now. Just offers so much to a squad.

One thing that has confused me is the Dele Alli issue and comparisons with Lingard/Sterling. Alli has mainly struggled in these number 10 roles but I don't think he should even be playing there. Play him in a front two with Kane. He is best in this role as he is very good with his movement in and around the box but struggles when he comes deep. Not to mention that Alli is also one of our better finishers and having him in the box as much as possible is key.

Say we play Lingard and Sterling behind a main forward (Kane). We could then have the option of making a tactical change and leave one behind and play the front two (Alli/Kane or Kane/Rashford). So basically Alli should be used primarily as a forward and not an AM.

24. hussar

hussar Member+

Jun 24, 2015
    I think Alli should play against the likes of Tunisia or Panama, where his efficiency in the box could be key, but against some stronger opponents Lingard and Sterling must both start like last week.

25. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I wouldn’t start him as a 10 against any team, especially with our likely CM’s playing behind him him.