[2018 FIFA World Cup Russia Qualifiers: AFC] Korea vs Lebanon 2015/09/08 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Sep 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Good result, kudos to our boys for bringing home a nice 3-0 win in tough away game circumstances. How we tired the second half there pretty quickly was slightly worrisome, but Lebanon was clearly not good enough to take advantage. Kuwait may be another story though so we're gonna have to bring up our focus to another level there.

MOTM is Kwon CH obviously, wow, his aggressiveness and his ability to shoot from the distance (for some moments I thought as if I was watching his coach Ko JS back in the late 90's) is certainly a great asset vs. these Asian minnows. Hope to see him get some time vs. stronger opposition too to see how he does. Ki SY is an amazing presence there in the middle of the field, not convinced yet with his partner Jung WY though but I guess he provides coverage for Ki to be more on the attack. LCY was disappointing to me this game and hopefully he can get some more games at Palace to get him back into form. Suk HJ did well enough at top in terms of movement so I think he'll be called up again. Kwak TH has developed a legit stopper presence at least vs. Asian teams, not sure if he'll make it all the way to WC though due to his age. Not sure about this Jang HS at RB thing, he's fine as a stop gap measure anywhere from DMF to the back line but not a first choice material at any of those positions yet (do love his amazing PK ability though, never seen him miss).

Win another in Kuwait next month and we should have room to experiment a bit more in some of those second leg games.

msc43, chook90, Ice cube and 4 others repped this.
  2. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    #152 doraemon, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    The team looks confident and stable, more so than at any time in the last 4+ years. Jury's still out for me on his tactical acumen but there's no doubt in my mind that he's a good leader.

chook90 and wetcrispy repped this.
  3. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  4. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This rightfully got changed to Lebanese Own goal, lol.

chook90 repped this.
  5. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    if you had an e-news letter, I'd subscribe!

chook90 repped this.
  6. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    He practices meritocracy & invests his time attending K-leauge matches (surprsingly many predessors both domestic & foreign did not). This fact alone has improved the KNT. Wider pool and motivated players.

KNT is now at the level where we should always should have been in the first place given our pool of talent. Able to see off lessers teams with confidence. We are seeing some individual efforts, player growth and little pockets of team play.

His next job is to put in place tactical nous and turn the pockets of team play into the whole team playing as one smoothly.

brood915, Sons of Thunder and Ceezy repped this.
  7. Gayageum

Gayageum Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    To build on this, he's shown that he does his due diligence to ensure the benefits of playing tournaments, friendlies, and qualifiers are all maximized. I can't think of a single game where I thought there wasn't a takeaway even when we lost.

The results sort of speak for themselves as he's the most winning manager (% wise) we've ever had.

brood915, chook90 and datschge repped this.
  8. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Solid away win. A clean sheet as well.

The last 5-10 minutes of the match was unbearable to watch. Couldn't keep hold of the possession, passes weren't accurate, etc. Our boys were gassed out by that point.

chook90 repped this.
  9. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Thankfully the Lebanese gave up and were just as tired, if not more...

Btw, the Lebanese are complaining that we were grassrolling... LOL... The nerve, especially with those awful tackles they were putting in today...

10. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  11. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    레바논의 모하마드 하이다르는 오른쪽 돌파 도중 한국의 신호를 보고 마치 공을 줄 것처럼 플레이했고 이때 한국 수비진이 잠시 움츠려들자 그 틈을 타 돌파를 시도했다. 그야말로 명백한 비매너 플레이였다. 이에 화가 난 구자철이 끝까지 따라붙어 다소 거친 태클로 하이다르에게 반칙을 범했고 이때 잠시 양 팀은 거친 몸싸움을 펼치기도 했다.

Lebanese player tried to use an injured player on our side to gain an advantage. Lebanese gave us a signal to give the ball back to us. But he tried to play on. And pissed off koo was having none of it and he tackled Lebanese pretty hard.

What minute was this? I couldn't watch the game.

12. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Sometime after we had already scored two goals in the first half.

heyheyhe11 repped this.
  13. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  14. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    SHJ's movement on both the first and second goal were excellent...

There's not that much excuse for HEJ to miss that chance in the end of the video/match.

seolseol and doraemon repped this.
  15. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    saw barcelona do this once...it was utter shit

16. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah, not only were the Lebanese gassed out, but they were morally defeated too.

17. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This has been a nice change from prior KNT coaches who go full bore and top XI every match. I'm not a fan of exactly how we're playing although the results speak for themselves but I'm glad to see common sense take hold in terms of selection vs these minnows and consistent preparation where we look ready for some of these trying conditions and opposition.

chook90 repped this.
  18. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    iircc around the 30th min.

heyheyhe11 repped this.
  19. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    SHJ looks useful already. From what I've seen so far, he doesn't seem that bad of a fit at all. Expecting him to get most of the minutes at CF for the forseeable future.

20. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    FIFA recorded it as Koo's goal, so that would make it his second consecutive WCQ Away goal vs Lebanon.

chook90 repped this.
  21. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    The mountain spirit has started to speak to me about the next game, but it's hard to decipher. I think it's saying clean sheet... need more time to get the actual score...
    [​IMG]

22. Gayageum

Gayageum Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I may be forgetting several players, but off the top of my head, the following players below got their A-match debut goal under Stielike.

Lee Jae-sung
    Lee Jung-hyup
    Suk Hyun-jun
    Kwon Chang-hoon
    Cho Young-chul
    Kim Seung-dae
    Jang Hyun-soo

Impressive!

chook90 and Sons of Thunder repped this.
  23. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Add to that:
    Lee Jong-Ho
    Nam Tae-Hee
    Han Kyo-Won
    Kim Min-Woo
    Lee Yong-Jae

chook90 and Ceezy repped this.
  24. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Captain Ki's run:
    [​IMG]

soccerboy37 and KyopoOhNo repped this.
  25. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    did anyone catch KJS's reverse elastico in the 2nd half?