[2018 FIFA World Cup Russia Qualifiers: AFC] Korea vs Kuwait 2015/10/08 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    #126 The Hyphen, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
    You seem like a smart poster and I think you're great for this place. Lack of games aside which is a common denominator like you said for all teams, Maybe you can tell me why we've regressed over the last decade then with all the money we've flowed into this spectrum.

It can't be all Mr Potato head's fault right? or can it? (man...did this guy ******** things up for a while or what...prob the worst era for the NT in the last 15 years, bar none)

[​IMG]

brood915 repped this.
  2. brood915

brood915 Member+

Oct 14, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Korea has never beat middle east countries this easily in their territories.. 3 wins out of 4 in away matches are very good results regardless of whether the opponents are minnows or not, considering how we did against them in the past.

hanul21 repped this.
  3. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

+1
    we barely qualified for the last WC on goal differential...
    to those that aren't seeing the value of getting 3 points away in the Middle East, get a reality check

4. brood915

brood915 Member+

Oct 14, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  5. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    A German team that lost to a pretty weak Ireland yesterday.

And don't even get started on the Dutch. S*** happens with little prep and lots of travel.

6. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

i like these guys...not yer ordinary fanboy analysis

7. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    No, but Cho Kwang-Rae did use him as a striker during our 3-0 Away loss to Japan, and well..... that didn't work out very well.

doraemon repped this.
  8. brood915

brood915 Member+

Oct 14, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The left guy is known as the most knowledgeable person in Korea :p

9. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Pretty sure he played on the wing. PCY started then KSW came in later. Koo however I do remember had a Yakubu-caliber miss after a nice pass from Kim BK...

[​IMG]

10. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I thought Koo did it in a friendly under HMB. Maybe he just talked about as possibility vs actually doing so.

11. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Happens at times. Always enjoying reading ur in-depth analysis and assessment.

12. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    this was the second clip i've seen of them n like both

13. brood915

brood915 Member+

Oct 14, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Haha glad you like it. They post vids weekly on youtube if you are interested. The right guy is also a commentator and he knows a lot of stuff as well. I personally think the left guy knows stuff even more than LYP does.

14. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    they're pretty knowledgeable but they can be so cringe sometimes.

15. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    I hate when 한준희 is one of the commentators during a match. His voice is too shrill for live tv.

jinseokyang repped this.
  16. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    Seriously?

A. You appear not to be differentiating Iran and Saudi Arabia from the rest of ME teams by the virtue of those two countries are/were AFC top 4 NTs and therefore one would expect difficult matches.

B. In the past period that covers 5 WCQs sure there were on average one away match per cycle where we lost points in an away match to the weaker ME teams hence your statement seems an exaggeration in proportion to your expectation that Korea should not lose a single point at all in the first place. In the end brood915/hanul21 and The Hyphen's posts although prima facie take opposing stances, it stems from the same high expectations. Those matches where KNT lost points feeling like a bigger deal than they really were for one set of people, and for the other set when KNT does get all the points feeling its not a big deal at all.

C. Away games in ME is difficult for many reasons: distance, food & water, pitch, heat, sand storms, grassrolling, lasers, dodgy refereeing etc etc. Even teams like Iran and Saudi who are themselves in the ME loses points left right and centre to their neighbours. Not to mention Australia and Japan losing points to the ME minnows.

Reality check goes both ways here guys. We had a good run against ME teams in the recent Asian Cup as well as the current WCQs, but we had it before sprinkled with periods where we laboured our way through them.

The positive I take from this cycle is that KNT play seams to be more balanced, less up and downs, and less reliance on one goal scorer. Remember LDG and Park Juyoung had nicknames like 중동 킬러? Whilst thats a plaudit on their achievements its also was a reflection on our over reliance on one goal scorer.

So lets enjoy the fact we are siting pretty on top of the table, but lets also remember this is still only round 2 of the WCQs. The 3rd round is where its gets tougher and where scenarios like the one hanul21 mentioned may come to play, but then again that's because we will have another top seeded team in the group with couple of dark horses like North Korea and Uzbekistan.

17. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

Question: What does this mean (if anything at all) for WC2018 qualifying?

18. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well, it's only a temporary suspension until the Kuwaiti FA resolves their problem soon, although if they don't resolve the issue before their next WCQ match vs Myanmar, then they could face disqualification like Indonesia.