[2018 FIFA World Cup Russia Qualifiers: AFC] Korea vs Kuwait 2015/10/08 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    not sure why you're surprised. Increased fear factor reflection of Kuwait better than most of our opposition so far. But same things have been there all along, which are no offensive ideas and defensive errors hidden by incompetence of our opposition.

Seol Korea and TigersOfAsia repped this.
  2. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Well atleast we're the only team in the qualifier with 0 goal conceded.

3. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Right, for all my criticisms of Stielike, at least he's gotten good results by letting our players play and isn't actively trying to f*** things up like CKR/CKH.

Seol Korea and killaorca repped this.
  4. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I do have to say that they're better under Stielike in terms of holding on to the game even when they're not playing well at all. There were a few moments there where if we were in the dreaded CKR/CKH/HMB era we would have ended up conceding. We're still making mental mistakes with giveaway passes, etc, but at least it's no longer deep in our zone. Of course we needed some help from awful finishing of the Kuwaitis but we should have had a couple more as well. The Kuwaiti keeper has been nicknamed "Kuwaitois" by the Korean netz, lol, he was ridiculous. PJH, KJC, and KSG were standouts to me for this game.

In the end we picked up the 3 points we needed without SHM and LCY, so kudos to the team for doing just enough in a very tough away game. Much less pressure on the team rest of the way in this round now.

5. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Some of you may be baffled by how we played, but honestly I'd gladly take the win and the 3 points.

seoulman9, Hodori, Ceezy and 1 other person repped this.
  6. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I don't think it was that bad considering it was an away game.

Kanuck, Hodori, Ceezy and 2 others repped this.
  7. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Better quality gif of Koo Ja-Cheol's goal:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

datschge and KyopoOhNo repped this.
  8. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    And really looking good in WCQ (and early round of it too) really is meaningless with WC years away. get in and worry about who's in form and tactics later.

msc43, wetcrispy and Seol Korea repped this.
  9. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Defensively we played very well, and can't really complain when our players were gassed out towards the end.

12th Player repped this.
  10. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I thought KYG was excellent with his distribution. Kwak TH had his moments toward the end but overall, it was solid performance. Conceded 0 goals after 4 WCQ & on max points.

Seol Korea repped this.
  11. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Exactly, the Home and Away match vs Lebanon under Cho Kwang-Rae's tenure would be a very good example of that. And, it's pretty clear that at this point we just have to get used to the "not so pretty" football plays under Stielike's tenure when in reality we've been very steady result wise, and we're currently 15-3- 3 with only having conceded 8 goals, I doubt our previous managers would've been able to hold this quite well.

12. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    When Stielike first signed on, I remember him saying something to the effect of, it doesn't matter how you play, as long as you win.

Seol Korea repped this.
  13. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Koo and PJH are my joint Dudes OTM.

14. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Was that SHJ drawing both central defenders to him that freed up space for Koo's header?

15. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    Sort of a shaky-solid kind of game, where we were obviously sloppy but still kept closing down just enough space to deny the Kuwaitis. We probably would have conceded at least 2 had we played against a WC caliber team. But then again we didn't have proper wingers and our guys looked fatigued from travel... So all in all, I'm happy with this win and the consistency we've been showing.

I do hope though that Uli will play at least one proper winger at all times from now on. IMO we really missed the width and pace SHM and LCY bring to the table. Fantastic ninja cosplay by NTH this game. Koo though was great as an inverted winger. Wish LJS had started instead of Ninja.

12th Player repped this.
  16. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    슈틸리케 감독이 추구하는 플레이 스타일의 키워드는 단연 이기는 축구였다. 슈틸리케 감독은 “특히 한 경기에서 스타일 만으로 성공할거라 보지 않는다. 점유율이나 패스 몇번 했는지 중요하지 않다. 저 같은 경우 챔피언스리그 월드컵 결승전도 뛰었기에 기대치는 높다. 티키타카나 공중볼이 승리요인이 될 수 있으나, 결과가 중요하다”라 밝히며 팀 승리를 중시하는 플레이를 하겠다 다짐했다.

KyopoOhNo repped this.
  17. Ice cube

Ice cube Member+

Seoul Utd
    May 4, 2014
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    That actually slightly worries me.

18. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Best coach since hiddink. Can't ask for more than the momentum we are in. Four games played, no goals allowed, only team with 100 percent record.

brood915 repped this.
  19. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Qatar also has 100% record, 4 wins

skimmilk repped this.
  20. Ceezy

Ceezy Member

Jun 10, 2014
    How is Stielike better than HJM?

Hodori repped this.
  21. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ok, so far

Hiddink>jungmoo>stielike.

Jungmoo 2010 round of 16 for the second time. I stand corrected. Maybe best coach since jungmoo.

22. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #97 Seol Korea, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    The first and only Domestic manager to ever get us through to the Round of 16 at the world stages on foreign soil. You best remember that.

[​IMG]

23. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Anyone know where I can watch the full match

24. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    I wanted SHJ to do a little more in the match. But he looked fatigued. That being said, on the KJC, SHJ's movement and presence drew two defenders leaving KJC plenty of space to score.

The end of the match was very frustrating. We need to gain a bit more composure in protecting the 3 points.