2018 FIFA World Cup Russia & 2019 AFC Asian Cup UAE Qualifiers [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Apr 8, 2015.

1. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    i love this.

i do remember the heyday where we had a lot of KPAs in the RPL after the 2006 world cup. By a lot, I mean 4, but I think we had 3 on Zenit at once -- Lee Ho, Kim Dong Jin, Hyun Young Min. And I think that was around the same time Bum-Suck was in Samara. In any case, what I'm trying to say is...let's continue to try and use far fetched logical extrapolations to try and compare apples, oranges, and mangoes -- all for the sake of trying to convince ourselves that one asian team is better than the other. Hey someone start posting pass completion rates from the CSL.

hanul21 repped this.
  2. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Man this is just plain stupid.

hanul21 and Suren01 repped this.
  3. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    lol this thread just went:

[​IMG]

4. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    chill out guys. we'll (both iran and korea posters) do the talking/banter/whatever in the proper thread at least when WCQ begins whether it's in korean, iranian, or general section. anything other than that is useless. although there's a potential of koreans topping iran in a game on any given day, they sure haven't managed to do that vs. Carlos Quieroz yet no matter what form Korean/Iranian players are in European and Asian leagues.

That's enough for me at the moment until we are close to WCQ again. :D

+PL+ repped this.
  5. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

I'm all up for trash talk but please be reasonable. Yes, Azmoun has potential but you cannot compare him scoring a lot in the Russian league to the likes of Son Heung Min. It's like a AAA baseball player who hit X amount of HRs bragging to a Major Leaguer who hit X-10 HRs.

Also, we're talking about a league that did not even appear in the European Champions League finals. Even countries like Sweden, Romania, Greece and Scotland had a team show up once or twice in the finals.

6. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #181 AIL1998, May 14, 2016
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
    First of all, no mater how good/bad Ansarifar performs for his club. He should proof that he is national team material but he have not proven that yet. Personally I do not trust him as a valuable player for national team yet.

Personally I do not like to troll. There is still more than 3 months left to the start of next round and a lot of things can be changed. Our first focus should be Qatar. Based on what I heard they play four friendly matches before start of next round. We obviously do not want to drop two home points against Qatar like last campaign.

No. Do not exaggerate. As a logical Iranian fan, I know that Korea has currently better legionnaires than Iran but we can beat any team in qualifiers.

What you said about CQ in this comment is not important for future. We play for victory in each of our games and try to get the max possible points to qualify smoothly. This is our first goal and to be fair many coaches can achieve that for us very comfortably.

Personally I do not like CQ at all and I would not mind if we get a new coach now but it seems that you are his huge fan and I do not know why. Anyway lets agree that all fans cannot have same opinions.

hanul21 repped this.
  7. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

Quality post, you knocked it out of the park with this last bit.

8. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is one thing regard Korea football which makes me think about it sometimes. It is the number of K league teams.

The number of league teams in most countries (especially the countries that have better football) of each continent is at least 14 teams. For example, all of first tier European football countries have at least 18 teams in their highest league level. Most second tier European football countries have at least 18 teams in their league. In Asia, Japan and Iraq have 18 teams in their league. Iran and China have 16, other countries such as Uzbekistan, Uae, Qatar, etc have at least 14.

Although Korea is one of the strongest countries of the continent in football if not strongest, K league has only 12 teams even less than leagues of the smaller countries with much smaller population such as Qatar, Uae, etc. This is interesting for me.

Having more teams in the league can help to produce more talent for your football. What opinions do you Koreans have about this? Do you think does KFA needs to have plan to increase the number of K league teams to 16 in next a few years or not based on what I said in previous paragraphs?

9. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The structure of domestic Korean football is shit. And no one ever gives a shit or looks to fix it

10. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ^It might be because of loss of popularity and sponsorship. (we are experiencing the second case big time even the sanctions being removed didn't help our league so far, there is no money to be injected to our economy and sponsors are falling short on their promises)

11. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

great perspective. K-League needs to grow core fan support...but these kinda talks always goes by way of "chicken or the egg" conversation

12. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    Theres a GREAT yahoo article on how Japan is doing things with its own league to make it more favorable to locals on an organic level. Course the Jleague has tons of money somehow so it has the money to make state of the art stadiums (where fans are almost on the pitch) and marketing Japanese players as 'sexy'. The result has been nothing short of amazing.

Im sure some of you read or saw this thing. It came out about less than 2 years ago but it was incredible how some markets in Japan are doing so well. They've fostered several local markets into something very special.

13. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  14. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    justice for 2010

chook90 repped this.
  15. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    And 2014 for Uzbekistan.

TaegukWarrior, nmssis and +PL+ repped this.
  16. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]

Uzbekistan is inches closer to getting their revenge for 2014.

17. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran's starting eleven today had an average age of 23.5, that's under 24, with 7 of the starters being 23 and under.

18. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Tell CQ to have Azmoun bitch slap Jang Hyun-soo all night during the return leg till he gives up playing.

chook90 and Zandi360 repped this.
  19. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Both Korea's matches against Uzbekistan will be very important now. I wonder when you should sack the coach. Because having a new one will mean starting everything from scratch and at this point its quite risky

chook90 repped this.
  20. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Now would be a good time to sack him, but placing Shin Tae-yong as Interim would be another mistake, we can't afford to go Domestic again.

Zandi360 repped this.
  21. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Interestingly enough, both Korea and Japan are in position 3 with almost identical statistics:

Korea: 4P 2W 1D 1L 6GF 5GA +1 7PTS

Japan: 4P 2W 1D 1L 6GF 4GA +2 7PTS

The only difference is that Halilhodzic is actually trying to do something with the JNT, Stielike is doing shit.

22. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We don't deserve to qualify. Better to stay home than be humiliated on the world stage.

Seol Korea repped this.
  23. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Things can change over 2 years. It's important to qualify. Maybe also the coach will be changed...

Angel Bear and chook90 repped this.
  24. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Things haven't changed during his 2 year tenure, and things still haven't changed now. The only thing that's changing is the tone of his voice through the interviews, it's hard to believe things will even change with the remaining 2 years left.

chook90 repped this.
  25. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I saw this thread, was a bit confused reading some of the messages. Most of them apparently before the WCQs.

As it turned out, despite having a rather poor performance overall, Azmoun did his job and scored the winning goal against South Korea. I don't recall Son doing anything worthwhile against Iran. Nor was this the first time he hasn't done much against Iran. I think he has appeared in all of the last 4 games which Iran won, and where S.Korea was shut out.

The point is not to brag but to say this: that when all things are not even nearly equal when it comes to the circumstances that lead some players from some countries to be recruited by top European leagues as compared to others, it is not exactly a winning point to just rely on a comparison of club pedigree to determine a player's actual talent and worth.

P.S.
    Azmoun, despite his goal, has actual been in a slump and hasn't been nearly as good for Iran as he was previously.

+PL+ and KiarashM repped this.