[2018 FIFA World Cup Qualification] Korea vs Uzbekistan 2016/11/15 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Nov 15, 2016.

1. kennypowers

kennypowers Member

Nov 3, 2010
    NYC
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Uli isn't going anywhere unless we don't qualify.

Don't put all the blame on the coach. Our players need to step up and play better, period. Most games are won on the pitch by the players. Maybe we just aren't that great of a team, we don't have a deep team, and our defense is especially f**ken terrible. A lot of the blame rests on the players, not only the coach. Your going to blame a coach for a defender making a stupid a$$ back pass? Im not saying Uli doesn't suck, but maybe our players suck also.

2. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    I dunno. TBH, the best we can expect from this team is to get qualified. I dont expect us to win any matches in the WC with this manager. Since we are in such a shitty situation, I dont really think age matters that much.

3. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    I dunno. TBH, the best we can expect from this team is to get qualified. I dont expect us to win any matches in the WC with this manager. Since we are in such a shitty situation, I dont really think age matters that much as long as that player can make difference in the team FOR NOW. One of the things that the current CBs lack is strength. KHI can add that to our defense. He showed what he can do against Hulk before.

4. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    If you guys think our players are really that shit, then that's all the more reason why we should not be playing this kind of half assed possession football. Shitty players do not do well with that kind of system.

The fact that this team intentionally sacrifices quick and direct play in favor of possession and slow, deliberate buildup is the responsibility of the manager, not the players.

Again, the fact that we consistently play better when lobbing crosses to Wook says everything about Stielike's tactics. It ain't for us and he doesn't really know how to set it up properly.

This is a near exact repeat of HMB's tenure in tactical terms but it seems like some of you guys just didn't get the memo.

Seol Korea, Ice cube, skimmilk and 2 others repped this.
  5. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    I agree with you, players like Lee JH do suck. But it's not his fault and i don't blame him for this. However, you have to blame the coach for playing LJH.

6. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    We won because KJC and KSW intentionally defied UliShit's explicit instructions. That's on the pitch mutiny against UliShit's stupidity and intransigence. Managers do matter, particularly bad managers and the negative impact that they have on teams.

HojuSaram, Seol Korea and doraemon repped this.
  7. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I don't think Stielike will be fired but will it to the WC and go 2L and 1 D...
    Then Koreans will get pissed again and KFA will react to it by hire another bad manager...facepalm. I can see it happening.

8. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    There's also a difference between tactical sophistication and general approach. You do not have to play sophisticated tactical football at NT level. Some would say after last year, you can do well without it at club level.

But playing fast and aggressive, or slow and patient, or wide vs narrow, these aren't really complicated ideas and what I would hope that even the most basic of levers a manager should pull.

Or conversely just give the ball to your best players and let them decide how to play. We saw what a difference letting Ki control the buildup made in the second half... it's really logical that our captain and our best player at this very task should be told to do this, and every other player told to pass it to Ki to do it.

Instead of letting KCS waste the ball every frickin attack, why not leverage PJH and SHM on the other side?

I don't expect Stielike to be Mourinho (of old). I just want him to be a basic coach.

Seol Korea, Ice cube, doraemon and 2 others repped this.
  9. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    my facepalm is a flat circle

10. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Fired or not, we don't have the power to decide since it's KFA the one who is deciding. Based on my perspective, there's really a problem in our system. We have to change possession football in to direct kind of play since our opponents in Asia just play all out defense against us and wait for us to commit mistakes.

LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  11. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Our main strength always has been speed. And it's gone now. We have only possession..

+PL+ repped this.
  12. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    We have to pick a system that fits our technical abilities. It's definitely not tikitaka or anything close to that Point blank.

We should go back to the run and shoot, counter-ball. Get some horses bank on the flanks.

13. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    It's better described as stalling.

14. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well, the problem is that he can't even grasp the basic foundations as a manager, and instead tries to be far more technical with his failed system let alone the inability to properly utilize and execute formations, tactics, and players, it's a failed status that even our 국내 감독 of all school levels have a far better understanding of being a basic manager.

15. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    meaning like dump n chase?

16. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    순실리케 has the power to step down from his post, the least if he was a man with consciousness he would be turning in his resignation considering that he hasn't been making any efforts in fixing the problems for 2 years. Also, don't expect the system to change, because as long as 순실리케 sticks around for the next 2 years, he will be clinging onto his delusional ideas of turning the KNT into 'La Roja' with his bullshit Tiki-taka and possession football.

17. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    A poor man's 뻥축구.

18. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The big question is, does KFA have the money to hire a decent European coach or does any Korean coach accept the job over Uli?

19. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    they have the money but they are cheap.

20. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    1. The KFA has the money to hire decent European Managers.
    2. No Domestic Managers want the KNT job, and most of them are solely concentrating on club management.

21. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  22. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I agree. People usually talks about our speed back then. I think quick counter really fits our style though.

23. Reach24

Reach24 Member

South Korea FC
    South Korea
    May 2, 2012
    Korea Republic
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He needs to change his style. If not then he should step down. I mean it's pretty obvious that possession football doesn't maximize our potential.

24. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
  25. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    1989 ~ 1991 스위스 국가대표팀 감독

- 1990 이탈리아 월드컵 조별예선 탈락

- 1992 유료 예선 탈락

- 경질

1992 ~ 1994 뇌샤텔 그자막스(스위스) 감독

- 사임

1994 ~ 1996 SV 발트호프 만하임 (독일) 감독

- 방출

1996 ud알메리아(스페인)감독

- 성적 부진

1998~2000 독일 국가대표팀 수석코치

- 에리히 리베크 감독의 3백 전술에 반대하고 선수들과는 훈련 방식의 문제 등 잦은 마찰

- 유로 본선 앞두고 사임

2000~2006 독일 유소년 대표팀 감독

- 2001년 U-20 월드컵 16강 탈락

- 2003년 U-20 월드컵 조별 예선 탈락 (박성화의 한국에 2:0 완패)

2006~2008 코트디부아르 국가 대표팀 감독

- 가정사로 인한 사임

2008 FC 시옹( 스위스) 감독

- 6개월만에 성적부진으로 경질

2008~2010 알 아라비 sc (카타르) 감독

- 08/09 알 아라비 리그 7위 -10개팀

- 09/10 알 아라비 리그 3위 -12개팀

2010 ~ 2012 알사일리아 sc (카타르) 감독 - 부임전 리그 3위

- 10/11 알 사일리야 리그 11위 - 강등

- 11/12 알 사일리야 2부리그(6팀) 1위

- 경질

2013 ~ 2014 알아라비 sc (카타르) 감독

- 13/14 알 아라비 리그 5위

- 연이은 대패로 경질

2014.09 ~ 대한민국 국가 대표팀 감독

- 아시안컵 준우승

Take a clear look at this and tell me with a straight face that there isn't anything wrong with it.

HojuSaram repped this.