[2018 FIFA World Cup Qualification] Korea vs Syria 2017/03/28 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    박문성 SBS 해설위원 “슈틸리케 감독은 비난 여론을 의식한 듯 전반에만 3가지 포메이션을 가동했다. 하지만 익숙하지 않으니 세밀함이 떨어졌다”

허정무 한국프로축구연맹 부총재 “나사가 풀렸다고 할까. 초반에 골을 넣은 다음 더욱 강하게 물어붙여야 했는데 패스가 끊기고, 수비 실수가 빈번하게 나왔다”

김환 JTBC 해설위원 “결과를 떠나 중국과 시리아를 상대로 이렇게 저조한 경기력을 보인 건 무척 실망스럽다. 남은 3경기의 상대는 훨씬 강하다. 더구나 원정경기가 2게임이나 된다. 전략도 단순하고, 선수 장악력도 떨어지는 슈틸리케 감독이 남은 기간 경기력을 끌어올리긴 쉽지 않을 것으로 보인다”

한준희 KBS 해설위원 “사실상 시리아에 판정패나 마찬가지다. 슈틸리케를 계속 중용하는 건 위험해 보인다. 남은 3경기 상대는 훨씬 강하기 때문”

2. inten

inten Member

Apr 27, 2014
    I think it's quite funny.

3. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Same shite, different day. Sack SHITLIKE!

4. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We did create chances. It's just finishing. We need composure in the box.

5. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Apparently, it is said that the KFA had a "plan b" and considered a replacement for Stielike, but the issue was that there were no "options" to replace him. In reality however, this is just another one of their '언플'/excuse, the real reasoning behind the KFA's inability to sack Stielike is due to the fact that neither does Lee Yong-soo and Jung Mong-gyu have any intentions of firing Stielike, but they are giving into his demands thus overly protecting and shielding him from the public + media, and at the same time given the fact that Stielike is still not willing to accept his mistakes and wrong doings as a manager, he's not willing to step down either.

6. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm hoping KNT beats Iran at home.

7. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Delusional as fcuk.

Shinović and Kanuck repped this.
  8. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  9. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    My biggest fear is that either Stielike will remain our manager until the WCQ is over and we waste STY after he does decent/well with U20 or sign another completely incompetent manager as Stielike's successor (like C.Gross for example). Not having the money is one thing and I am not delusional enough to hope for Mancini or Ranieri but not having the right eye is another and I am hopleless that we will have a guy who can bring the right candidate. There aren't many good managers without contract around anyway so it will have to be the right decision if we don't want to fail again. I'd rather have a commitee of competent Korean football associates that decide things together than having one guy like LYS or his successor to decide it alone.

Edit: as you know I rate STY quite a lot but for me timing is much more important and 1. I think he is not ready yet to be the main coach and rather prefer him continue to work with the U20 guys until Asian Games and 2. if he is Stielike's successor it means that we have to wait until WCQ is over which would be too late in my eyes. BUT if we have to stick with STY, I wouldn't mind if he had a very competent foreign assistant coach at least. I am hoping for option A anyway: find the right foreign manager from the beginning.

chook90 repped this.
  10. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I did a cursory search of his achievements on wikipedia... hard to find a man who has similar pedigree as Stielike. The only high mark I found was his stint with FC Basel.

11. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    In his old days he was great but it also has to do with Basel being Swiss Bayern. I remember him going over to Germany where he had failed completely. After that he'd never really stood out, even when he'd come back to Switzerland. Now he is just coaching a Saudi side and should no way be considered KNT manager.

chook90 repped this.
  12. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    STY could be the next Hong MB though. I know, you will come up with different reasons as to why STY is better than HMB and nitpick to strengthen your argument, but it is too late of a stage to have Stielike replaced with STY. STY should be given the opportunity after WC.

13. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    #188 aeh1991, Mar 29, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    Hmm but what's different if Stielike gets replaced by a foreign manager? No matter who comes after he'd have to deal with the short amount of time given until WC.
    I know what you mean and I want STY to get his chance after the WC, too. But I wouldn't really say that it's going to end the same as HMB.

Anyway it's for the sake of everyone if STY becomes the U23 coach after U20 (unless he fails completely) to build up or develop his team for the Asian Games.

Edit: and btw I didn't say that STY should become Stielike's successor in my post above (I've said it in the past but changed my mind). I said that I'd fear he would get wasted by getting appointed too early. One day he will surely become the KNT manager, that's pretty obvious. But I agree that (to avoid a similar outcome like HMB in 2014) we should wait with STY.

14. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    "wait for right experience, time, situation or whatever" is extremely overrated.

edit - Shin TY manged in ACL, K league, Olympics.. was NT assistant and so forth. you can't compare him and HMB

LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  15. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg

Definitely not. While the actual career development are similar (assistant, U-20, U23), STY has managed on both club and professional level which HMB had yet to do when he got appointed.

I also agree with the first part. My only issue is that I'd wish STY would stick with the actual U20 squad even after the U20 WC. As long as he doesn't fail, I think consistency would do very well.

16. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    No qualification will affect many things in a negative way.. We still need to get qualified even if we get 3 losses in the group stage.

nmssis repped this.
  17. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    Well, considering we also used to have full stadium back in the day, I think it's more like they stopped bothering to go because they know they wont enjoy our performance. I went to the match vs Qatar, and even tho it was my first time watching live, I didnt really enjoy that much..

18. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    not sure how their career developments are similar? i don't think they have anything in common except at one stage they were assistant, U-20/23 manager and KNT manager (Shin TY had the job temp before Stielike hire). HMB progressed forward (ultimately taking on a job he didn't want) while STY went backwards in NT setup (and so far, without any success to speak of imo)...

19. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
  20. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Well, I wasn't talking about their career developments in general but just about the roles they took. I was basically saying "it looks like they have lots in common but it's not true". You even try to confront me when I am basically on the same line. :rolleyes:

As for your second part, rationally regarded, it's true that it was a step back for a former ACL team manager. But in the end, it was pointless to compare them anyway.

21. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    HHC's interview:

슈틸리케 감독의 주문에 대해서는 "수비적인 부분에 대해 많이 강조 하셨다. 전방에서 강한 압박을 펼치라고 말씀해 주셨다. 또 방향에 대해서도 많이 이야기 해주셨다"면서 "공격적인 부분에 대해서는 특별한 말씀 없으셨다. 수비 전술적으로 많이 이야기 해주셨다"고 전했다.

lol. Stielike told a striker what to do for defense but didnt say anything about what to do in the final 3rd. This is hilarious.

22. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He's mentioned if before that he wants a FW/Striker that can also defend. Told the same thing to Suk Hyun-jun as well.

23. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    He wants Soria :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

24. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  25. LeeSeungWoo