[2018 FIFA World Cup Qualification] Korea vs Syria 2016/09/06 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Sep 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    You guys choke against minnows but then turn on the heat when playing us.

Seol Korea repped this.
  2. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Korean defense sometimes (often) make second-rate AFC players look like top-flight dribblers. Most of the chances conceded fail to create goals.

But with the likes of Jahanbakhsh, it's highly unlikely Korea keep a clean sheet against Iran.

3. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    It's not a true captain, as i said before...he's as good as being captain as Montolivo.

4. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Well, i'm referring to tactical skills, awareness etc

5. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Not a chance. Nobody can.

6. AsanoAram

AsanoAram Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Man you guys are more pessimistic and negative than us (Iranian) fans.
    Your team will make it. Trust me.
    Even if you play bad you make it.

7. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    bae, id never ignore you. ;)

Seol Korea repped this.
  8. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    qualifying for X amt of consecutive WC....this achievement is 'fools gold'

it would be a good medicine to take if we don't qualify, this will bring about a much needed wake up call

9. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    It will really depend on the day, so anything can happen. For example Jahanbakhsh is very on and off especially for Iran, he always plays better for his clubs in Holland than the national team, he had a big off day against China and because of that Azmoun didn't get decent service and wasn't good himself.

We can't really draw any conclusions already after two matches, I think Iran Korea games will be very interesting and close for sure. Both our matches against Uzbekistan are probably going to be close and deciders as well

10. extremegamer

extremegamer Member

Jun 28, 2007
    The result of this Syria match isn't anything new. Korea has a long history of struggling against defensive and counterattacking Mideast countries. It's the repetitive story over and over again when playing against these teams: Korea plays with honesty, hard work, and dominates possession but often ends up with 0-0 or even a 0-1.

Other countries do not seem to struggle as much when playing this class of opponents. Korea has this problem all the time. No matter who the coach or the players are. Maybe there are some fundamentals that are not being accounted for?

Even though only two matches have been played so far, there probably would be no such thing as a 'deciding' game. I know that Iran ( and possibly China with their ultra nationalistic home advantage ) can potentially win over Korea but beating them won't be enough because Korea can be inconsistent enough to manage a draw or a 0-1 with the other matches.

11. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    it has to get worse, before it truly gets better. i firmly believe that for american politics and most things in life today but you guys are pissing me off with your reinforcing feedback loops. are you guys real people or bots?

the football ramblers were discussing the same, about how it would be better long-term for england to not qualify for russia to force "real change". but england missed out before and it didn't do squat.

those bringing up choi kanghee's matches, go rewatch them. no, stfu and go rewatch them. they were beyond deplorable and far worse than against syria. those matches seem to represent rock bottom for KNT and some of you are getting emotional and bringing them up for comparison's sake when it's hardly an appropriate comparison.

idk what to tell you guys who are expecting something we haven't seen in 5+ years. a la "insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results", some of you guys have a warped sense of KNT caliber and instead of calibrating your expectations, you get externally pissed and blame whoever the hivemind exclaims on here. i get sports and soccer is an emotional and spiritual release; i was like my avatar at every errant pass and terrible decision by SHM, but he's not going to change for me.

and i'm convinced there's some agent provacateur-esque freaks on here who just love to get on their BSK soapbox and spread panic. you guys are scum.

aeh1991 and TaegukRedDevil repped this.
  12. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    your post on it's own is 100. but because you're extremegamer, everyone is gonna give you shit.

Sons of Thunder repped this.
  13. extremegamer

extremegamer Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Not how I remember it. What happened to the family atmosphere?

Kanuck repped this.
  14. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    who's extremegamer?

15. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    who was the guy before footballchic?

16. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    wait extremegamer is footballchic?

17. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    no, nvm. good night

18. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Just like empires rise and fall, so goes the ever-present resident BSK might-be-a-troll-but-not-sure-what-he-is. With the decline of the Chicean dynasty an old sleeping giant rouses from his slumber.

Kanuck, chook90 and wetcrispy repped this.
  19. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    extremegamer was a thing right? i remember he was a rational contrarian at times, and NOT well liked on here. but then i may very well be wrong too as my memory is hazy

20. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]

한국 축구대표팀의 문제는 뭘까. 전문가들은 슈틸리케 감독의 단조로운 용병술을 지적했다. 안정환(40) MBC 해설위원은 “시리아의 밀집 수비와 침대축구는 충분히 예상했던 일이다. 공격 루트를 더욱 다양하게 준비했어야 했다”고 아쉬워했다. 2010년 남아공 월드컵 감독으로 한국의 16강행을 이끈 허정무(61) 프로축구연맹 부총재는 “수비 지역에서 쓸 데 없는 횡패스와 백패스가 너무 많았다. 세트피스도 제대로 활용하지 못했다”고 지적했다

1994년 미국 월드컵대표팀 감독을 지낸 김호(72) 용인 FC 총감독은 “슈틸리케 감독은 4-2-3-1 포메이션만 고집한다. 최종예선 1·2차전에 최전방 공격수로 나선 지동원(25·아우크스부르크)은 정통 스트라이커가 아닌 만큼 체격이 좋은 시리아 수비를 상대로 투톱을 활용하는 방안도 있었다”고 말했다. 한준희(46) KBS 해설위원도 “슈틸리케호의 공격 패턴은 중앙 미드필더 기성용(27·스완지시티)이 측면으로 연결해주면 손흥민(24·토트넘)이 우당탕탕 돌파한 뒤 구자철(27·아우크스부르크) 등이 골을 넣는 것”이라면서 “2년째 세부전술에서 큰 차이가 없다”고 분석했다.

선수단 체력 관리도 문제다. 한 위원은 “선수들이 중국전에선 후반 20분 이후 체력이 뚝 떨어졌다. 시리아전에서도 경기 내내 체력에 문제를 보였다”면서 “카를로스 아르무아(67·스페인) 코치가 피지컬 코치를 병행하는데, 선수들의 체력과 컨디션을 전문적으로 관리할 피지컬 코치 발탁을 고려할 필요가 있다”고 조언했다.

I also have no idea what Carlos is doing or trying to do, and it's quite sad that he also has a physio license.

doraemon repped this.
  21. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Koreans always need some kind of disaster before they spring into action and fix things. never thought I'd effing say this but the best thing for us is NOT to qualify for Russia. then, i would HOPE some heads would roll and some proper changes might be made at the NT level but more importantly at the youth U-Development level.

La Masia boys aside (even they are the furthest thing from being proven) we don't have the team to do anything worthwhile anyways. in many ways, it's the perfect time not to qualify in the 'bigger picture' sense. but the media and the netizens will make a big enough stink for some changes to happen. :(:(:mad:

we're such a bunch of crybabies on the pitch who just don't care enough. it's disgusting and painful to watch us play atm.

Chingoo and killaorca repped this.
  22. extremegamer

extremegamer Member

Jun 28, 2007
    And you know what? I was right all along about this team. I'm telling you, with China almost winning that match and Syria holding Korea to a draw without effort, other teams in the group know that it is realistic to either draw or maybe beat Korea by one point.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that Korea sucks and will do bottom. I'm just saying that Korea is on par with all other teams in the group. Maybe just a tad bit better but has little to show in terms of outcome. And let's look at the bright side. At least Korea knows how to play possession football and understands the meaning of honest and hard work. How many Asian or Mideast countries can truly play like that? ( not that it matters in terms of goals scored )

wetcrispy and Chingoo repped this.
  23. extremegamer

extremegamer Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Yes but things would always end up too little too late. And then the commentators would talk about how Korea could have succeeded if they did this or that early on. Not just in football but in everything, from geopolitics to the local economy.

wetcrispy repped this.
  24. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yeah you're right but something's gotta give, or it's just gonna remain status quo. new names, same old thing, cyclical. already happening and happened so many times since most of the core here have been following our team since before and then after '02.

and what once oozed out of every player's pores when they put our jersey on (win or lose) is today diminishing at an alarming rate: heart.

and what have the likes of Hong, CJC and KTY done to improve our ever lacking quality and organisation of our back line at all levels? if these 'legends' can't make a difference, then who will? it's just ridiculous.

25. extremegamer

extremegamer Member

Jun 28, 2007
    WC '02 is a unique circumstance. Korea was a host country. It was the first time with a foreign coach. The team had PJS and seemed to be part of the last generation of players/people with steadfast mentality ( you know, the concept that many old Korean folks would refer to. This is something that the new generation supposedly doesn't have. Really, I think the team from '94 was more amazing despite not winning a single game ).

The team remains status quo for many reasons that we already know of. Lack of experience and comfort in playing against foreign players ( Asian or Mideast players don't count. And I feel Koreans are mostly xenophobes and this could be part of the reason why they prefer to play in Chinese leagues rather than somewhere further. Heck, just sell out the whole country to China and be done with it. ), lack of creativity, deference to senior players even if detrimental to the team's objective, lack of youth interest ( maybe there is some but most don't want to do defense ) and development, natural physique ( yes, I know there are some talented players who are below average in height but football is still a physical game. Body shape and height helps a lot for set pieces and long balls. And some foreign players easily look more intimidating ), and too much respect for opponents.

Within the above list, some of the reasons are cultural and almost exclusive to Koreans. Maybe something else has to be fixed before improving football skills?

So why is it any wonder to you that everything is status quo with new names but same outcomes?