[2018 FIFA World Cup Qualification] Korea vs Iran 2016/10/11 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Oct 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

MotM v. Iran? 0-1 L

Poll closed Oct 14, 2016.
  1. Ji DW

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Son HM

4.5%
  3. Lee CY

4.5%
  4. Kim BK

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Ki SY

13.6%
  6. Han KY

4.5%
  7. Kwak TH

4.5%
  8. Kim KH

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Kim SG

68.2%
  1. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    St. George's Park is a rather newer facility as opposed to the Paju NFC which was built in 2000 whilst being completed in 2001. Size wise, SGP is larger with roughly 5 more training pitches than Paju but it is not necessarily that larger by significant numbers as everything else is roughly the same.

If you want more information on Paju NFC, you can go here:

http://www.kfa.or.kr/eng/kfa/nfc_info.asp

chook90 repped this.
  2. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did not get chance to post in Korea forum after October matches.

Regard our last match against you, it was a very good game for us and we really should have won it with more goals. On the other hand it was not a good game for Korea. Iranian reporters asked Ki Sung Yueng about it after the game in post-match conference and he said one of the reasons is probably lack of having enough time to prepare. He said Iran stopped its league 3 weeks before October matches but he had a long travel from England to Korea then play 90 minutes against Qatar 2 days later. Then another long trip and another game 2-3 days later (http://parsfootball.com/fa/144816/کی-سونگ-یونگ-ایران-از-نظر-دفاعی-و-فیزیک). However you guys have more time to prepare for the next match which is a good news for you:)

There was a positive point from your last game against us. None of those players KSY, KJC, and JDW got a yellow card in last match and this was the positive point. So you have all of those players against Uzbekistan.

Do not be harsh on your players. They will do their best. Some of Koreans fans in Korea forum after the October matches called the defenders shitty CSL defenders. I know China league had negative impact on your team. Your defense is shaky and our players could easily dribble them whenever they wanted or In your Qatar game, your defender was much closer to the ball compare to Soria but Soria could get the ball and after that you conceded the second goal. There are problems with your defense but look for the ways to improve your team instead of attacking to your players.

Regard coach Uli Stielike, I was the one who said a long time ago that I was not impressed with his appointment and if KFA wanted to hire a foreigner they should have hired someone with more impressive resume. However the past is past and you cannot change it. Currently it is better to be united and support the team and Stielike. Yes it is more logical to support the team and Stielike now.

It seems that Korean fans have much less patience compare to us. For example, right after the first half against Qatar some of you were calling for Stielike's head. As a reminder, Iran lost to Lebanon and Uzbekistan and drew at home against Qatar in last campaign but CQ stayed and he qualified the team by getting the required points from the last 3 games. So there are still 6 more matches and nothing have been determined yet. So have more patience and support your team until the end.

I know we all get emotional but currently it is better for Koreans to support the team and Stielike. The next match between Korea and Uzbekistan in Seoul is very interesting one. A match between two big Asian teams. Anyway no easy game in this round of qualifiers and there are 6 tough matches for every team.

Also I know many Koreans criticized Stielike for naming Soria in post-match conference. Do not be harsh on that either. He did not mean anything by naming Soria. He was upset and could not control himself at that time. However a few hours later he probably understood that he should not have said that.

As I said you cannot change the past and look at the future. However creative criticisms at the right time should always be welcomed. IMO there was one mistake that your coaching staff did and I should mention it. They should have invited Lee Seung-Woo in the last round of qualifiers and gave him good playing time. That prepared him for this round of qualifiers. This is what we did with Ezatolahi. Renato Sanchez can be another good example. He was only 18 in Euro 2016.

GoonerDoz and Sons of Thunder repped this.
  3. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    but dat 71% win percentage

chook90 repped this.
  4. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yeah we suck against Iran, so what ?
    Then, today I've said Stielike has shown its limits as coach against Spain and Iran but you didn't quote it, surprinsingly... you just remember of the "71% win".