[2018 FIFA World Cup Qualification] Korea vs China 2017/03/23 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In the last comment, BvM is pretty much saying that Stielike doesn't know shit.

chook90, LeeSeungWoo and killaorca repped this.
  2. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    sigh...
    By the way, it doesn't matter if we hire a new manager at this point. This whole cycle is futile.
    They should have gotten a new manager last December at the latest.

chook90 repped this.
  3. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Honestly, I don't care about whether we make it out or not, I just want Stielike out and the same goes for the goonies within the KFA.

chook90, Hodori and killaorca repped this.
  4. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    I still dont agree with the way he manages a NT, but it looks like he's still 10000 times better than our brainless Hitler.

Seol Korea repped this.
  5. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #230 Seol Korea, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    Stielike isn't even near the leagues of some of our Domestic managers let alone. Van Marwijk is a far more tactically sound manager than Stielike will ever be in his life time and in his dreams, and that's not even a question.

6. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Thank you ;)

Seol Korea repped this.
  7. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    I feel bad for HJM who once said our domestic managers are still better than Stielike and got a shit ton of criticism from Korean fans lol.

8. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well, those select fans are eating their own words now. The senile fool is worse than Choi Kang-hee and that's a fact lol.

9. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    I dunno about Choi. He's good in the league, but he also used the same tactic for our NT for years.

10. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Still, I don't think we would've lost to China under his management.

11. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lets not go crazy. There isn't an active mutiny and the plan B wasn't used all match repeatedly banging our heads into the wall.

12. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Call me crazy but given the fact that we even managed to fail at executing 뻥축구 under Stielike tells me otherwise. The least we were in the era where we were known for that style, but now? we can't even hold the ball properly.

13. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Iran 1-0 Qatar FT. They're practically through to the finals.

14. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    time has softened your memory for CKH's tactic effectiveness. There's a reason we rushed HMB to the scene.

The big fail here is KSW. He's just not what his size says he should be. Nothing wrong with that overall, but when managers keep throwing him on as if he were a battering ram, you're just doomed to fail

wetcrispy repped this.
  15. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It's still clear to me as day but despite going through that woeful 2 years, we've degraded far worse in 3 years under Stielike.

16. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think our talent base is a lot worse off right now. CKH had pieces that he didn't nurture in his quest to demean and devalue our european kids. It was such a mess that HMB had to use preference over evaluation to figure out our squad.

Yes we can argue over selection but we're arguing over 2nd/3rd choice players.

In short, they're both terrible and the one consistent issue has been two: the KFAs lack of leadership and the problem we have with developing 18-22 year old players where it feels like a no-win right now.

Seol Korea repped this.
  17. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The difference however is that Choi Kang-hee had no choice whereas Stielike had the luxury of 3 years now and is still failing. I'm rather baffled with Stielike, the man simply cannot manage a team.

EDIT: Mind you I'm not trying to argue with you skim님, just my rant on Stielike.

18. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Talent base now is about the same as back then imo. CKH was stubborn and wanted to just qualify so he could get back to his club life. But he knew what he was doing. We were just upset that the way he did it ruined growing a team that was needed to prepare for the world cup.

This is just different. UliShit is stubborn and clueless and damaging the KNT for the current generation and the one after that.

chook90 and Seol Korea repped this.
  19. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    CQ spent 6 years with TM and has molded them into a far more compact team, Van Marwijk has spent 2 years with the Saudis and have gotten positive results and performances, hell even things are slowly starting to look better for Japan under Halilhodzic, whilst Lippi managed to get China to play more confidently against us in roughly 4 months.

It's absolutely absurd that Stielike is given multiple chances and still fail, yet the KFA wouldn't even bat an eye when they ousted Cho Kwang-rae after one fcuking loss in Beirut, and neither did the likes of Coelho, Bonfrere, Verbeek have that luxury as well. You ought to be crazy to give him another chance after last night's performance and results.

doraemon repped this.
  20. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't think Stielike is hurting KNT in long run. Just whatevs

The names are the same but its been a while. PJH and LCY look about at expiry, I assume PCY/KTH similarly. Our CBs have regressed, we don't have veterans for support roles like LKH.

21. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Jumen is fine but Kwak is looking the age. Jung Jo-gook or even Yeom Ki-hoon would've been fine for veteran roles

22. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm not at all downplaying Stielike's incompetence.

But we are reaching a very dangerous point talent wise. We put a lot of hope in that the barcelona trio could jump up in age and fill in the gap that we have but our stars are getting older and that hope seems to be dimming by the day.

I'm trying to draw up what an XI might look like if we get to WC but it seems we have tons of holes and only ok options for many.

23. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    kim. do. hoon.

24. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  25. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    honestly is anyone even surprised that we lost? lol

a lot of my sentiments have already been shared by bsk brethren. Since I've started following the natl team, this current era has been the hardest to watch