2018 FIFA WC QLF, AFC: Group A (4th)

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by AIL1998, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I predict a 0-0

2. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    which mod just deleted all the banter posts? wtf? come on they were funny and not over the line. we should be allowed to have some football related banter on here. nobody even insulted anyone. this dictatorial behaviour is why the next fight will erupt into posting NSFW pictures and namecalling again. SMH.

3. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Honestly our team is so shit right now, we're probably going to lose.

4. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Korea 3-2 Qatar

A must win game for Korea and they won it. They did not lose their composure after conceding the second goal and that was the key to win this game. They have very good attacking players and we really need to be at our best for the best possible result against this very good team.

China 0-1 Syria

This result made me think that why did we drop points in China? Well one of the reasons was that we used some players that were out of form at that time. Also our draw in China made us more united to win in Uzbekistan. Syria have been above expectations in this round. The result of this game showed that there will be no easy game in this round.

Uzbekistan 0-1 Iran

A much better performance compare to our first two games. A very good first half. We totally dominated the first half. Our performance in first half was similar to the performance Australia had in UAE. This is the type of performance I would like to see from us. However I was less satisfied with our performance in the second half. A very important victory but it was just one game and one victory for us. We still have a long way to qualify. We need to work more especially on our offensive part and hopefully stay away from injuries.

+PL+, KiarashM and Iranian Monitor repped this.
  5. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    It's simple why Syria beat China away, but Iran couldn't do it. Because China played against Iran for draw, they rarely attacked and was more concentrated on not to concede a goal. But the game against Syria was must-win match for them, therefore they had to show more open and attacking football which made their defense vulnerable. Chinese side couldn't create a single clear chance to score while Syria missed another 100% to score in the last minutes of the game.

Kurdii110, killaorca, Zandi360 and 2 others repped this.
  6. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uzbekistan VS. China

Some fans may think that this will be an easy game for Uzbekistan but I disagree. No easy game in this round of qualifiers. Uzbekistan is missing Ahmedov, Ismailov, and Genrikh due to injury and suspension for this game. Server Djeparov is doubtful for this match. China have that problem too. The only good result for Uzbekistan is win here. I do not expect defensive game from these two teams in this game. Uzbekistan is favorite but nothing can be guaranteed.

Iran vs. Korea

A win will be huge for either side. Draw is the best for other teams of the group. Draw is better for Korea than Iran. I do not think our keeper, defenders, and central forwards are worse than Korea but their midfielders are better than us on the paper. To me, this is like a final game for us. We have to play only for win and I think we will. It will be an extremely tough game against an Asian powerhouse team but nothing less than a victory should be acceptable for us.

Qatar vs. Syria

Qatar plays for win and Syria has potential to get a good result here. The best result for other teams is draw. Syria victory is the worse results for other teams of the group. I expect a close match in term of both performance and result.

heyheyhe11 and Diego Aguirre repped this.
  7. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Very nervous about the upcoming Korea vs Iran game. This is it. The game I wanted. For two countries that's not close geographically, but in international football, is korea and Iran played a lot of games. This will be big as the other one. So far it's back and fourth but Iran have won twice against us during the last qualification. To lose at home against Iran, that was a big sucker punch. We as fans remember it, but our players remember it as well.

So it's finally time to win at Tehran. We got a chance to do it. Currently out defense suck, but offensively, I think we're good to go and challenge iran's defense. Which I understand three games in have yet to concede a goal. It's going to be tough game. Iran knows plenty of what we can do. Iran always have also tried to win the psychological game and succeed on that part as well. Coming into this game, our players are hungry as ever to win the against Iran.

I want to our team to win in a score of 2-1. But if I was a betting man, I'll pick 1-1 draw. Which is a fine result considering against the opposition away game. But our players(this group) have tasted defeat against Iran, I assume they'll be extra motivated to earn a victory.

Finally, I understand it's also on the same day when Iran observe tassoua. Is that going effect the supporters and players? I expect a full house 100,000 jam packed stadium with players also fired up.

iranii, Kurdii110, nimava and 3 others repped this.
  8. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    First of all, Azadi stadium's 2nd floor was revamped and now holds 85,000 capacity.

Secondly, Tassoua won't really affect fans and players of Iran. However, based on Korean's previous complaints of playing in Iran, it will potentially be nervewrecking for them as most people wear black in this holy day and certain groups of fans may chant religious slogans (not aimed at Korean but mournings of a certain figure). They do look somewhat aggressive to be honest. Certain moderators will be there to make this happen to respect the holiday. I hope Koreans know this is not on purpose but the game is somehow dated on this day which only happens once a year.

Personally, I don't like religious holidays and think it's wrong that leaders wanted this game cancelled/moved. Anyway, it's going ahead. 85,000 will fill the stadium.

PS: By complaints and getting easily affected I was referring to Son's comments from last WCQ and Koo's latest thoughts on playing in Iran. I think this is a major weakness to think like this before a game. You defintely won't see the Iranian players saying glass bottles were thrown at us at last WCQ in Korea so it's gonna be shit going there again. It shows that it affected them and mentally they're thinking too much before a massive game. http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussba...o-angst-teheran-suedkorea-auswaertsspiel.html

9. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Koo should focus on the match instead of making such weird comments, this will only backfire on his team

10. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Lol @ the German comments below the article.

11. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    What do they say?

12. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    There's alot but most of them are calling his comments stupid and untrue as some were tourists. Translate it through Google translate or on your browser if you're using Google chrome.

Here's one of them:

Zandi360 repped this.
  13. nimava

nimava Member

Sep 1, 2016
    That was an interesting article. I'm not offended by Koo's comments. Tehran does have that unfriendly atmosphere about it. I grew up in Shiraz/Isfahan and only visited Tehran on two occasions. tbh the city does have that dystopian look to it. On the other hand he would probably find Shiraz odd as well, so it's not just Tehran's fault for being the cold dystopian capital. It's also partly because of the feminine nature of East Asian culture as a whole, and I don't mean this in a derogatory way AT ALL. In East Asia the power dynamic between people and people and their environment is totally different than in countries like Iran, Italy, Greece etc... In Iran and Italy people are confrontational, aggressive, in your face, showy etc... The environment is equally loud, aggressive and chaotic. In Korea and Japan though, people are very rigid and careful in how they portray themselves and how they expect others to act. When you place them in a society that has no respect for the "correct" way they have no idea how to respond to it. They might see it as scary and menacing. Koo has that reaction.

There are more East Asian people here in Vancouver than Caucasians and my brother's girl friend is a second gen Chinese (parents are from Hong Kong) so I regularly come across EA people that have no idea how to respond to aggressive mannerisms of Middle Easterners, South Americans and South Europeans. A lot of the times they see it as a challenge or confrontation.

14. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #114 +PL+, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    Tassoua is morning for an Arab figure who died 1400 years ago.. Only fanatics are causing trouble and they may bring bunch of religious zealots with speakers and black flags to yell "Ya Husain" instead of cheering or whistling for our team because they consider being happy as a sin in such a day. It is only fanatical elements within our backward regime otherwise nobody gives a S*** about it or raise an eyebrow over a football match in this day. Regime is scared of our people happiness and that the real face of Iranian people being shown on TV on global scale. Ordinary Iranians are moderate or secular while our regime likes to paint them as zealot Shia Muslim supporters of the regime, an image that western media love to show. The happiness of people in this particular day is a big irony and contradiction to set believes of our crazy regime.

Anyway, don't be surprised if you see the whole stadium in black color, it is only for show.

http://www.dw.com/fa-ir/امام-جمعه-تهران-برای-انجام-بازی-ایران-و-کره-شرط-گذاشت/a-35992619

15. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    #115 persianfootball, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    im actually happy this is happening because i think it can work out for us.... i think the koreans will shit their pants seeing 80 000 black clad middle eastern guys doing sinezani and shouting ya hossein.:ROFLMAO: just joking though, it wont be 80 000 doing that. just some small groups. but lets see how the rest of the fans react... they will wanna make noise so they might just go along with it as an excuse to make noise.

anyways i hope we dont go into seoul on the 2nd last matchday needing 3 points again. past 2 world cup campaign this has happened.

as for the game in tehran, i dont know how to predict it. korea has weak defense, but we are having trouble scoring. knowing CQ he will play defensive, so we will hit on counters, being able to expose koreas defense. but at the same time koreas offense is strong and if they attack a lot they might score. i think it will be very important who scores first. if we lose it can get dangerous. we need at least a tie considering the dropped points against china.

16. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ^ if we score first, we go to defensive fold as happen in Tashkent, Korea will be frustrated and match finishes 1-0 but If Koreans score first, which I like that to happen, then Iran goes all attacking and it will be either 2-1 for us or 1-1, since Koreans can not defend well. I don't care about no conceding goal record, as long as our defense act solid, it is enough for me to focus on our offensive skills. I am tired of boring defensive football, I want to see some action by Team Melli, something like ole Iranian style of dominating the match and lots of dribbling and shot on target.

17. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    lol so true. It will be a very loud and intimidating atmosphere, so kind of works for us I think.

18. nimava

nimava Member

Sep 1, 2016
    It's not just the atmosphere during the game, but the hours before the game when both teams are getting ready. They often have religious shit playing in the stadium before games if it coincides with Azane kooft be ofoghe zahremar, but with Tasoua they're gonna turn the stadium into a giant cringe fest. The Koreans will be shitting bricks. ******** I would lol

19. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #119 Mani, Oct 8, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    lol indeed it's like nothing the Koreans have ever experienced. It basically sounds like a "war cry" with all the chest beating, theatrics, yelling etc. The Korean players are gonnna feel like a besieged bunch in the midsts of a huge sausage fest with 85,000 black-wearing angry-looking men haha. You gonna have this multipled by 85,000:

nimava repped this.
  20. nimava

nimava Member

Sep 1, 2016
    #120 nimava, Oct 8, 2016
    And that's without drugs lmao. Imagine what would happen if these ********ers were on disco biscuits haha

Edit: this has more entertainment value than a couple of concerts I've been to lol

21. Kurdii110

Kurdii110 Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Uzbek v China
    I think after dissapointment of last game for Uzbek and also the Chinese, both teams will fight it out. Although I think Uzbekistan will edge this one or a draw.

Iran v Korea
    Iran will probably win this match, setting themselves up for the rest of the campaign, I think the Iranian team will go in with much more than the Korean to finish the campaign as quick as possible, 2-1.

Qatar v Syria
    Qatar with their packed out crowd (;)) might give them an advantage although Syria look pretty good and I think Qatar sacking their coach in the middle of an WCQ campaign is not good and will take time to adjust, 1-1.

22. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh boy they're having a sick time BUT it's for a whole month basically where it's concentrated on a guy who got assassinated thousands of years ago. Some things in Iran are so great but some other things.... I can't believe it's 2016....

[​IMG]

nimava and KiarashM repped this.
  23. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    #123 persianfootball, Oct 8, 2016
    nobody in any country or any religion cares too much about the principle... its more about how to channel your own emotions based on existing/permissible social norms. most people use events like this to socialize or let out their emotions arising from their own personal problems and the need to let off steam.

thats why you can never fully control humans... you can only go as far as channeling their behaviour to be "literally displayed" based on approved social norms/rules.

in korea this manifests as gangnam style concert, in north korea this manifests as north korean party parade, and in Iran it manifests as the video posted.

24. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    yup, koreans, welcome to tehran. it aint no gangnam style.:D

25. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    #125 persianfootball, Oct 8, 2016
    the koreans will go from this: