2018 FIFA WC QLF, AFC: Group A (4th)

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by AIL1998, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Other than the fact that he could and should have sent off that bald baybee face uzbek on THREE separate occasions, ya he was great.

2. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  3. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    +PL+

Play from 2:20 onwards

4. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It doesn't allow me to watch. It is geoblocked here.

5. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So far Iraq and Qatar are almost out of race and will play only for fun. Iran and S.Korea are favorite now. Uzbeks showed their team has declined compared to 2013, but they have still a chance to redeem themselves in Oct 11th, if Iran defeats S.Korea. One more win against S.Korea in Azadi helps us to do 70% the job.

6. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Lol

nimava repped this.
  7. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Let me congratulate Zandi, +PL+, William McRashid, Iranian Monitor, AIL, Perspolis and Dejagah on deserved victory. Also my congratz go to gypsies, including nimava, mani, farhodxon, kiarash, valkyrie, persianfootball and others.

8. Perspolis#1

Perspolis#1 Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Chop Geynrikh off your squad and I'll root for you guys over Korea.

9. HomokHarcos

HomokHarcos Member+

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The winner of Korea-Iran will be 1st in the group.

10. olimpialv

olimpialv Member

Jun 13, 2010
    las vegas, nv
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Great result for SK and IRAN!

+
    SK: Strong offensive performance of SK. We have confidence anyone will score in this team.
    IRN: Iranian best game so far. They deserve to be in top. They dominated the match.

-
    SK: We need a company to KTH. Unfortunately still looking for a strong CB duo. Nonsense if we go to WC with problems in our defense. If you try to grab your enemy to stop him, should know how to do it and avoid penalties.
    Stupid decision started our nightmare and almost ruined our game.
    IRN: Just need to score more and stay away of injuries, what they showed today is far enough to pass.

UZB: The only one of the rest with chances to pass. After last match, need to improve A LOT and wait the top 2 drop some points next.
    QATAR: Will not make it. They got good team and referees in their pocket but they lost too much points.
    They lost to UZB so their future is in Uzbeks hand. Their 3rd place depends of them.
    CHN: They will be the last team of the group if they can't score a goal.
    SRA: Impressing 4 points in last 2 games, in their only loss against UZB they did a good job. But I don't think they will beat Qatar.

Can't wait the next round!!!!!

KiarashM and Zandi360 repped this.
  11. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    no duh Einstein

nimava repped this.
  12. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Thanks and hard luck. Your team should work really hard or with a performance like today, Uzbekistan won't advance to Fifa 2018. Without Akhmedov, Uzbekistan won't function well. We didn't play good today either but our defense finish the job for us. If our defense had more concentration we could score two more goals.

What was wrong with Rashidov? he was almost invisible.

13. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    He has been plainly sucking 3 games in a row, hope this lose to Iran will open path for new younger players like Masharipov (#17 came in during the 2nd half), Hamdamov and Norkhonov

14. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    How the hell did China lose to Syria at home? I think we really messed up not picking up all 3 points in China.

15. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #90 +PL+, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    ^ You should avoid sending your players to Qatar/UAE/China they will destroy their future. Rashidov and Sergeev have declined.

olimpialv repped this.
  16. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Numer 17 was impressive and promising. Quite skilled

Diego Aguirre repped this.
  17. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran's last 11 games, 29 scored, 4 conceded

[​IMG]

nimava and KiarashM repped this.
  18. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Seems like Jahanbakhsh, Dejagah and Azmoun were rested for Korea game. I think it's better that way.

We can use a stronger and more ready lineup on Tuesday

19. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #94 KiarashM, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    Team Melli on top of the group with 3 games played and 0 goals conceded as only team of this qualification cycle, haters are going to hate. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

teammellieIRANfan and Mani repped this.
  20. Avesta

Avesta Member

Jan 15, 2015
    Miami, Florida
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    This is for a good laugh. Here's what Qatarigunner said after their loss to Iran. looks like the minnow is Qatar right now

[​IMG]

Farhad Khan, Navid1337, Mani and 2 others repped this.
  21. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Man, I feel bad for our old rivals. They're simply not good enough to be our rivals anymore. And they know it and have already accepted defeat before even entering the arena.

Also while we rested our best players, they had to use 'em all. And SHM seemed to have picked up a minor injury. One of their back 4 - think a FB - was also sent off. It's going to be a massacre. They should just forfeit and avoid the humiliation.

Mani repped this.
  22. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Crucial three points in a big game. Well done TM

23. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The Koreans talked a lot of shit in the old days, but then they got humbled not once, not twice, but three times in a row and now they're more timid and less delusional, and don't bark at the top dog anymore. But hey, who can forget the good ol days when Koreans still had it:

Valkyrie, persianfootball and KiarashM repped this.
  24. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    2nd rate teams like china are inconsistent. one day they steal a point off a powerhouse, the other they get raped by shittier teams.

Leit repped this.
  25. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Jesus chrast what did I just watch? Thank god we won that game and Uzbeks didn't make it after working with Qatar for 5-1. Also not all Koreans are like this and obviously these kids were generalising the arab teams time wasting to Iran.

What I love about the Iran-Korea rivalry is that it's actually a legitimate rivalry that's gotten stronger in recent years unlike rivalry against Uzbeks. Also the rivalry is only FOOTBALL based. Not some geopolitical crap with these other middle eastern teams who come to Azadi for diving practice. Koreans come to Azadi aggressively for a win which they may get any time even at this stage. Even with their current defensive issues, I give them the highest chance of any Asian team including Japan to get a positive result in Azadi. Obviously it will be a hard job but it will damn fun to watch with individual tussles and battles. Half of this Korean team wants revenge no doubt including Son, KTH, Ki, etc.

My mind says this game will end in a draw as Korea knows this is their best opporuntity to get ahead in the group before facing Iran in their last game when they've already qualified and Iran also knows this wanting to go into last game without nerves. This is why I think they may cancel each other out for a disappointing 0-0. lol

My heart says Iran will win 1-0/2-0 in a tense hard fought game.

Big question: Will Korea break Iran's defence?

Korea: Most goals scored of both groups and 2nd most conceded goals with the Chinese in this group behind Gutter. 6 goals scored and 4 goals conceded

Iran: best defensive record of both groups. 3 goals. 0 conceded.

+PL+ and Zandi360 repped this.