2018 FIFA WC QLF, AFC: Group A (4th)

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by AIL1998, Oct 4, 2016.

1. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    lol. What was that Milmo?:D

2. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #52 +PL+, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    Ben Williams was nice to Geynrikh. He could send him off. Geynrikh knocked out Iranian goal keeper with elbow to the face.

FT. Iran 1-0 Uzbekistan

It could be easily Iran 3-o Uzbekistan. Uzbeks had nothing to offer. Iran could score more if we didn't go to this boring defensive fold.

3. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    We should've scored a 2nd on the counter in injury time! Bad game by Amiri.

Ok 3 points :) Next.

KiarashM, +PL+, iranii and 1 other person repped this.
  4. iranii

iranii Member

Jun 11, 2016
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Game over, Uzbeks please go hide back in your caves.

5. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It is sad. Uzbek Captain, Geynrikh, was crying out loud. He was devastated.

6. iranii

iranii Member

Jun 11, 2016
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Crucial win. Absolutely CRUCIAL. You may not agree with CQ's methods, but this man gets it done. Damesh garm, dame hameshon garm.

7. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Meh. Happy with the 3 points not so much with how Iran played.

Syria beating China away just goes to show how bad we've been playing.

Zandi360 repped this.
  8. Perspolis#1

Perspolis#1 Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Win for Iran!! Jahanbakhsh and Azmoun did ok pressuring up high and winning the ball back. Shaving seconds off the clock.

CQ got his tactics alright. Now Ando/Dejagah/Azmoun/Jahanbakhsh dont have many minutes on their legs and Korea had to play Africa with 10 men.

Hajsafi in the midfield is great. Mohammadi was nervous at LB but he held it down.

Seyed Jalal with the flick of the head tho.

9. iranii

iranii Member

Jun 11, 2016
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Good for him to cry, he is very dirty. Elbowed Beiranvand in the head and attacked Saeid at the end of the game. He could have got 3 red cards.

Mani repped this.
  10. Dejagah93

Dejagah93 Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Now let's hope we somehow get a draw vs Korea. Just don't lose!

11. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Just like I told you Uzbek members. Nurafshon and Diego. Uzbekistan is overrated with their fat keeper and inadequate coach. The slow defence was not punished as Iran didn't play that well. Iran played quite badly actually but still won. That shows Uzbekistan's state.

WTF at alexander geynrikh. Don't know how he stayed on the pitch after he had yellow and elbowed Iran GK in the chin on purpose. And then at the final whistle, he attacked Ezatollahi like a girl and started having a mental breakdown and cried off while his team was helping him. Lol never seen that before...

12. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Alexander Geynrikh, the little Russian girl playing for Uzbekistan, was on her period I believe.

Navid1337, KiarashM, Valkyrie and 3 others repped this.
  13. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran v Uzbekistan 1:0 (1:0)

Despite playing away, Iran started the game aggressively and controlled the match until it went ahead 1:0. After the goal, the Uzbeks began to press hard and pressure Iran to find an equalizer, but despite the fact that they were at times playing well, I don't recall even one serious scoring chance by the Uzbeks. Iran defended its lead superbly and had the best chances to score, especially towards the end of the match.

This was an important game for Iran and I am satisfied with both the result and the performance of our team. I don't think anyone had a terrible game, although Shojaie once again started brilliantly and before he was subbed, had stopped being productive. Taremi also began to fade and was properly subbed out. Overall, though, a good game by Iran and not a shabby performance by the Uzbeks after Iran's goal either.

Congratulations. For now, Iran tops the table on goal difference, looking to host S.Korea (which are tied with Iran on points) in our next match.

+PL+, Farhad Khan and Zandi360 repped this.
  14. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Come on let's not be ugly winners, who cares who taunted who before the match. We didn't play amazing, but clinical and clutch as always at least. First 30 min of the first half was quite good tho. We got three points let's just think about Korea now

KiarashM and +PL+ repped this.
  15. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Btw Iran is yet to concede a goal in the final round of WCQ

nimava repped this.
  16. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I should add that I was concerned initially with the selection of Ben Williams. I thought he whistled the match well in the first half. In the 2nd half, he did alright but his few mistakes (none that critical) were nonetheless all calls that favored the Uzbeks. But, overall, he was alright.

17. Persian Empire

Jan 26, 2016
    California
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Ben Williams with the much needed redemption

18. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I didn't see the part he attacked Ezzi. If that is true, then I have no sympathy for him. His action against Beiro could give him another yellow card but Benie didn't want to spoil the match with a red card, since Geynrikh was sitting on a yellow card.

19. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Good game b/w Iran and Uzbekistan, enjoyed it.

20. nimava

nimava Member

Sep 1, 2016
    CQ's tactics today didn't make much sense to me. Result is more important than style, sure, but today we were CLEARLY the better team when we attacked them (first 35 minutes). Once we scored why did we change the style? UZB doesn't have any teeth and we were better than them attacking. It's a no brainer. In games like this there's no reason to play with this style.

persianfootball repped this.
  21. Perspolis#1

Perspolis#1 Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It was Geynrikhs birthday. Well happy birthday you sorry excuse for a footballer

22. nimava

nimava Member

Sep 1, 2016
    Williams didn't have a good match. He gave 2 wrong calls against Iran (one was a clear no touch by the Iranian defender and he gave a corner for UZB) and given the chance in the box he would have given a penalty in 2 seconds flat.

23. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    PS I almost forgot. Iran's defence is incredible. 3 games. No goals conceded. Our keeper barely making saves.

No shots on target today by Uzbekistan on their home soil. -_-

24. Perspolis#1

Perspolis#1 Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

First 35 minutes worked. When Djeparov got subbed off Uzbekistan moved to 4-4-2 so he held back the team to stop them on crosses. Its not genius but commonly done.

I think he figured Taremi/Mohammadi/Rezaian/Amiei had enough speed to hurt them on the break and held the rest back. Hes a defensive coach for sure.

Gucci and Azmoun need to address their final touches. Three or four times we were 2 vs 2 or better and we lost opportunities to score.

Kurdii110 and nimava repped this.
  25. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Yeah he did, right before the whistle getting blown, Eza was in a tussle with him and dispossessed him. Then Geynrikh went at Eza when Williams finished the game. I will find it and send it. Wasn't anything big but disgraceful for an experienced captain.